The Student Room Group

Reigate College 2010

Is anyone going to Reigate College this September?
and does anyone on here currently go there

Scroll to see replies

Perkele
Is anyone going to Reigate College this September?
and does anyone on here currently go there

Late reply but yes i'm going there :smile: can't wait to start! what are you studying?
Reply 2
chemistry, biology, philosophy, geography and critical thinking it's confirmed now because i had my interview today
Perkele
chemistry, biology, philosophy, geography and critical thinking it's confirmed now because i had my interview today

I had mine yesterday, I'm doing History, English Lit, Biology and Politics :biggrin: Isn't critical thinking compulsory? What school are you from? I'm from de stafford :s-smilie:
Reply 4
They told me that critical thinking is only offered to students with a certain amount of As and A*s and i'm from reigate school but de stafford was ok wasn't it?
de stafford was okay but reigate looks much better, you going to do any activities? I'm doing duke of ed, fencing and the college mag if i can :smile:
Reply 6
i didn't really get a chance to look but i'm not sure yet, i'm not doing D of E though what sort of clubs are on offer?
Reply 7
I'm going and doing English Lit & Lang, Photography, French, and Media. I had my interview today.

I don't think critical thinking is compulsory - I had a letter about it along with the Enhancement programme, and it was completely optional.
Ah good :smile: You're doing french :O good luck with that! I find languages really hard for some reason :L what school are you from?
Erm loads of clubs are on offer like dance, book club, spanish etc I think on the 16th they do an activities fair where you can look at loads of different clubs.
Reply 9
cool thanks the student union people said theres some freshers night thing in october as well
Oh cool :smile: are you doing the enhancement prog then? For the first time ever I'm actually looking forward to school, no more maths!!
Reply 11
yeah it looks fun! they said they get people on the program to do fun things which look good on your UCAS and yeah i never liked maths
i just found it dull compared to science.
I didn't get asked about the programme :L i guess my gcse results weren't that great I got 1A* 6A's 1B and 3C's but I was pleased with them considering some of my teachers left a month before our exams because of the evil new head!
I would really like to do it though because I want to do law which is really competitive hmmmm
What did you get?
Reply 13
wow that is still good especially because of the teachers and stuff.
I got 5A*s 3As and 3Bs I was quite surprised tbh but A levels matter a lot more than GCSEs anyway
Well done on your gcse's they're great! Yeah I'm defo going to work harder for my A-levels and actually do some homework for once :smile:
btw do you know any good revision books for biology? reigate does the salters nuffield course right?
Reply 15
Languages are sort of my favourite, so French will hopefully be quite enjoyable haha (even if it's a huge jump from GCSE). And I came from The Ashcombe, which is actually a language college anyway :P
I can't believe we start next friday :smile: I have to get up ridiculously early to get there in time though :L
Loads of people are going from my school but hardly anyone is taking the same subjects, I'm probably going to be on my own in the form group :frown:
I can't believe we start next friday :smile: I have to get up ridiculously early to get there in time though :L
Loads of people are going from my school but hardly anyone is taking the same subjects, I'm probably going to be on my own in the form group :frown:
Reply 18
thanks and no i don't i'll just use what they give me and if i need additional info i use the internet, i think it's salters nuffield.
and wow! i would love to be good at languages they must be fun if you enjoy them and didn't they offer old english at the ashcombe?

I don't know many people in my sunjects eithe but i guess that's good because you'll meet new people
Reply 19
Yep, a week left of summer! I've had a lovely summer, and don't really want it to end. At the same time though, it's quite exciting to start subjects I want to do :smile:
No old english at Ashcombe - but they do offer Latin, which I took in year 8. Didn't stick at it for long though haha. I did half course German, Italian, and French for GCSE. Ashcombe also offers Spanish and Mandarin, but I didn't want to go too crazy :P (even though I know people who have done 5 - insane people!).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending