Turn on thread page Beta

Permanent hair straightening watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selectronic)
    I'm doing mine today with a kit that costs £3.99! I have afro hair though, and am used to doing it by myself.
    yeah i know someone who just brought a home perming kit, wacked on the cream stuff and just kept combing her hair through, it made her hair sooo straight! i'm tempted to try it but knowing my luck it'll totally go wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tate)
    yeah i know someone who just brought a home perming kit, wacked on the cream stuff and just kept combing her hair through, it made her hair sooo straight! i'm tempted to try it but knowing my luck it'll totally go wrong...
    What, just left the perm on for the right amount of time while combing?

Did her hair go sleek? Or just straight?

Mine's naturally pretty straight but it's so dry and frizzy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    What, just left the perm on for the right amount of time while combing?

Did her hair go sleek? Or just straight?

Mine's naturally pretty straight but it's so dry and frizzy.
    yeah she put the stuff on (this is what she said, i wasn't there when she did it) and just kept combing it for the time your so posed to leave it on. i diddnt see her right after it was done, but when i did see her, her hair was straight and in quite good condition, it wasn't like extremely straight, but it looked like she had used straightners recently.

ReputationRep:
    Ha having my hair permanently straightened would scare the **** out of me. Suppose it is handy-saves loads of time with your hair. But I would be scared of the damage-surely they must use uber strong chemicals or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starangel)
    Hi sorry for going off topic but where did you guys get you hair permanently straigthened for £120 or £150?

I live in London and all the salons that do it say its £250 UPWARDS!
    LONDON BABY!!

Just dont go off the flashy soho, i get mine done in a local salon

ReputationRep:
    yeh i'm from london too and we found this guy who comes home and does it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClosetGinger)
    LONDON BABY!!

Just dont go off the flashy soho, i get mine done in a local salon

Ah i guess i have been searching in all the wrong places!

Can you give me the name of the salon please and the approximate cost of it?

Thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selectronic)
    I'm doing mine today with a kit that costs £3.99! I have afro hair though, and am used to doing it by myself.
    Ooh bargain. Does is actually actually work, as in make it properly straight? How long does it last? Where did you get it? Thank youuuu!

ReputationRep:
    I bought a home perm kit and put in on my hair, whilst combing it through and it worked! I mean, my hair isn't poker stright but it's definately strighter, and maybe if I'd left it on longer it might have been straighter but I was a bit worried about leaving it on too long! See my pic (click my name going across my signature) and you can see how it turned out! The only thing is, it was a bit dry afterwards, so the two or three washes I did after I straightened it, I put loads of conditioner on, and it was fine after that! Just don't leave it on too long as it might completely dry it out!

EDIT: Sorry the thing about clicking on my picture thred...it's the second pic that I had done the perm straighten :flutter: The first pic was a half hearted attempt at straightening with my tongs hehe

ReputationRep:
    I got mine done
    In saks hair salon, Belfast
    Cost 50 quid.
    they have franchises in england i think
    www.sakshair.co.uk or somethin. mines ok-if a bit dry!

ReputationRep:
    if it messes with ur hair there are some really great hair masks you can get...i got the loreal one and it does the trick with my hair. the kerastese one is also very nice

ReputationRep:
    I deff recommend it! I had mine done and I don't know why I waited so long. My hair was really curly before, I could not straighten it without being in the bathroom for 2 hours at a time. Now I'm done in 20 minutes. You'll love it!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I'm starting to think this ain't for me. My hair is naturally much straighter than gemchicken's before I even touch my straighteners. Is there anything that will make your hair less frizzy?

ReputationRep:
    plzzz peoples... try not straighting it!!!
    loads of chemicals ----- really really bad!
    even if ur hairs curly/wavy/fizzy just deep condition it or use one of the masks....
    poker straight hair is COMPLETLY out of fasion anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMinx)
    Ooh bargain. Does is actually actually work, as in make it properly straight? How long does it last? Where did you get it? Thank youuuu!
    I get mine from afro hair shops/markets like Upton Park in London. You can get the Iman straightening kit from supermarkets last time I checked, but its slightly more expensive... 8 or so quid. my hair is DEAD straight right from the roots if you do it correctly. Make sure it is left only for the allowed time otherwise chemical singes can ensue leaving you rather unsightly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starangel)
    Ah i guess i have been searching in all the wrong places!

Can you give me the name of the salon please and the approximate cost of it?

Thanks alot

Village Way - Lordship lane (SE London)

Cost me £120 and i have shoulder length hair

ReputationRep:
    hahaha ooohh england england england. I'm international and here you can get it done for as little as 50 pounds. Ofcurse it depends on the salon you go too but the most expensive is 140 pounds. However 50 or 140 it turns out the same. I've got it done twice now each time lasting 4-6 months. Also I don't know if it happens there but over here after a couple of days if you notice a slight kink in your hair you can go back after a week and get it re-done FREE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClosetGinger)
    I'm getting it done tomorrow! Has anyone else had it done, and if so how did it turn out???
    Weren't you going to post a pic?

ReputationRep:
    I've just applied Wella Strate to my hair (here it costs about 6 pounds so I wanted to do it before arriving to London). I'm waiting for it to dry so I can tell you the results. Seems realy soft, though. The key seems to leave for exatly the time it says.

ReputationRep:
    Ok i'm a guy with medium length hair (reaches mouth) perm straightning on such a short length isn't possible is it?.. I find it hard to use straightning irons. I have long waves and mad curls and ringlet at the ends.

All this straightning seems costly and time consuming. Just embrace your natural hair people!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.