College Court Watch

This discussion is closed.
johnboy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Just heard i'll be in college court. The whole attraction for keele for me was the whole campus based thing and now i'm a bus ride away . I no keele was my insurance place but i put my first 3 choices for accomodation on campus. Anyone else in this position? I really don't want to be livin somewhere away from all the fun afterall its gonna be hard enough not knowing anyone. Anyone know much about college court, can you still get on the uni intranet and most impotant is there a bar etc.
rainjan_4now
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i suppose one positive aspect of college court is that you are able to mingle with other uni students (i think its the uni of staffordshire).
rugby_gal
Report 13 years ago
College Court looks well smart, considered moving there for my 2nd year. You'll be with plenty of other students, both Keele and Staffs Uni. Nearest bar might well be Staffs student union which you can get into and Hanley is real close. You get internet connection there and you'll be able to access the intranet, they should tell you how exactly in your lectures.
Lunar_Scorpion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by johnboy)
Just heard i'll be in college court. The whole attraction for keele for me was the whole campus based thing and now i'm a bus ride away . I no keele was my insurance place but i put my first 3 choices for accomodation on campus. Anyone else in this position? I really don't want to be livin somewhere away from all the fun afterall its gonna be hard enough not knowing anyone. Anyone know much about college court, can you still get on the uni intranet and most impotant is there a bar etc.
Same for me! I actually had Keele as my Firm, but I ended up having to go through Clearing to do the same course as I applied for with a Foundation Year...
RhymesWithByke
Report 13 years ago
thank god i applied for the foundation year at the start. im crappin myself enough as it is without having to live off campus
lizi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Be mre positive! it will be an experience at the very least! hehe! nah i fink it shud b fun the accomodation looks so much nicer than the ones at keele uni which flat ru in?
Lunar_Scorpion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm in F53. I'll be moving in on my birthday methinks since I will be paying for it!
ashahmed
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hey

am sure youll enjoy college court, i stayed their for my first year
I would advice any new keele students to opt living off campus for the first year, especially College Court in Hanley; stoke-on-trent..the accommodation and more so night life is great, as opposed to such on campus

All rooms in college court are en-suite, which is great,,,you also get to mix with staff uni students; which is not too bad and i enjoyed it very much in my first year

saying such, holly cross, oaks and horwood are also ideal places to live within.

The city centre is 5mins away, your lucky as many campus students have to travel a long 45mins to get there

but try and stay positive, am sure youll enjoy it

ash..(",)

(Original post by johnboy)
CarpetMonster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm living there too I'm moving there on saturday.

This is kind of scary. I've talked to people on forums before but you lot are 'real people'.

I'm sure College Court will be a good time, you can get the internet for £5 per week. I don't think you can get the intranet but you can check your email on http://webmail.keele.ac.uk

I don't know about any bars but apparently we can use Staff student union as we're part of the NHS. Being near the train station is a good thing. I'm sure there are some bars somewhere around, we just need to look closely.

I think they'll be quite a good community atmosphere. Its just like Halls really.
ashahmed
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hmmm indeed

you have HANLEY, the nearest city centre to enjoy the bars and clubs...not bad for shopping too, though nothing special i would say

i stayed in F block and had the largest room when i stayed there...the de-luxe, try and grab it if you can!!!
Lunar_Scorpion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes, but I would rather have to travel 45 mins to get to Hanley than 40 mins to get to lectures in the morning!
ashahmed
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hmmm i agree with you, but the whole idea of first year is to get a feel of university life hence the need to explore night life to the fullest, am sure you shall get plenty of the latter in Hanley as oppose to on campus in Keele (count yourself as being Lucky!!)

It is a pure headache having to take the bus in the morning, i think you'll feel the pain when the days become much colder, which is very soon indeed

Enjoy and make the most of it...(",)
Lunar_Scorpion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If I liked clubbing and binge drinking, I would be okay. As it happens, I hate clubbing and I'm a complete lightweight - drinking more than about three drinks makes me ill.
ashahmed
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ah I See,

Well Just Try And Enjoy The Accommodation, Mix With Staffordshire Uni Students...they Have Some Great Nights Out

Try And Get On With Your Flat Mates Too, Am Sute There Should Be At Least One Keele Student In Your Block???
Lunar_Scorpion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, I'm in a flat with four others. There's about 150 freshers in College Court I believe. I'm running for Off-Campus Affairs Officer so hopefully the buses will get sorted out! I had to wait 40 minutes for a bus last night...
ashahmed
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
thats natural, think times shall be longer now the autumn has arrived.

The buses tend to be fine during the spring season

Think F52 is a great block, has the largest living room too
Lunar_Scorpion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm in F53...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
26.77%
No (93)
73.23%

Watched Threads