The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sweetlikechocol
whos moving in on 19th? (ie. on monday?!)
xxx

Hi! Sorry i can only move in on the Sunday! I bet ill be the last one there!!
sweetlikechocol
whos moving in on 19th? (ie. on monday?!)
xxx

I'm moving in on the wednesday (21st)
Reply 42
uh i think im picking up the key mon but can't actually move all my stuff till sat but could technically take bare minimum (what u can carry on a train)and move in before then..dunno
tessa
uh i think im picking up the key mon but can't actually move all my stuff till sat but could technically take bare minimum (what u can carry on a train)and move in before then..dunno

looks like its just me then!!! he he he!

xxx
neh, I'm moving in on the 19th too
silkymouse1
neh, I'm moving in on the 19th too

woohoo!!! hopefully there will b more than just us 2! xxx
sweetlikechocol
woohoo!!! hopefully there will b more than just us 2! xxx

hehe :smile: Hopefully! Wellmaybe see you then!

L
silkymouse1
hehe :smile: Hopefully! Wellmaybe see you then!

L

Quick question. Has the 1st installment for halls been taken out of your account yet, mine hasnt?(presuming your paying in installments?) coz it says that they wont hand over the key until it has cleared into their account?! I sent all my tennancy stuff last week by Special delivery (ie. guaranteed next day delivery) ive used the tracking service on the royal mail website and it says that they "tried to deliver it on 14/9/05 befor 8:46am, but there was no one in to collect/sign for it,we have left a note reminding you to collect it". I dont think that Sam vickers has even bothered to collect it?! I dont even think she has got it. I emailed her on the 14th telling her that i had sent it via special delivery and wanted her to contact me when she got it.....NO REPLY, i emailed again a couple of days ago saying that i would be moving into the halls on monday between 12pm-2pm, could she get back to me to confirm this was possible- NO REPLY, left an answer phone message with her earlier today saying that i was really concerned that she hadnt picked up the letter yet because i HAVE to move in on monday because it is the only day my parents can get off of work, and that i was worried that because she hadnt recieved my letter that all the payments wouldnt have cleared intime for me to move in - NO REPLY.

what do you think i should do? I cant get hold of her by phone or email...i have no other options of contacting her before monday when im ment to be moving in. Do i just presume that because she hasnt got back to me that everything is OK, and i can move in on monday? The last thing i want to happen is to turn up and for them to refuse me my keys becasue they havent got the money yet, or worse still because she hasnt bothered to pick up my letter they think that i dont want the room any more so it has been allocated to someone elce! Im petrified bout whats going on.

basically unite are a complete bunch of majorly disprganised Wan*ers, who seem to be making my life a living hell at the moment! They are completely impossible to get hold of an im totally pis*ed off with it!

anyway, what do you think i should do bout the moving in thing....please help me, i may cry otherwise?! :hmpf: :motz:
Reply 48
no your room won't have been allocated to anyone else im sure...on one of the letters (the one where they said send it to the mary branker house accomodation office) said that wouldn't b to the 26th
so don't worry bout that.....
as for the rest of it i guess u will just have to see on mon....sorry hum can't be of more help.....i really hope the same hasn't happened to mine....but i think i sent it by guarenteed next day delivery rather than special delivery ...cos my parents...didn't want it to have to b signed for.....but im still panicking now anyway..oh well im not gonna move in mon...but am dragging my dad with me to pick up the keys incase there are any problems...if the worst comes to the worst could u rearrange ur moving date???!!!??? ashford isn't tooo far.....

but all i can say really is don't worry bout it...till u get there....as u said there is nothing else u can do now...so enjoy your last weekend at home for a while....oh and maybe see u on mon...lol...*jumps round in excitement..then faints in nervousness*
Try emailing the email address on the unite website. They seem to be a lot more helpful than this Sam Vickers who never gets back to me either! (Does she even exist?!) I'm not sure if my first installment has gone through yet, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. I'm sure you'll be fine though- I mean you can explai to them that its their own fault if there are any probs. What flat are you in? I should look out for you if there aren't going to be many of us o the 19th! I'm in flat 120

Lisa
silkymouse1
Try emailing the email address on the unite website. They seem to be a lot more helpful than this Sam Vickers who never gets back to me either! (Does she even exist?!) I'm not sure if my first installment has gone through yet, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. I'm sure you'll be fine though- I mean you can explai to them that its their own fault if there are any probs. What flat are you in? I should look out for you if there aren't going to be many of us o the 19th! I'm in flat 120

Lisa

he he he!!! i dont think she exists either!! either that or she never checks her emails or her answer phone. Im just gonna turn up 2moz....its totally her own fault if it hasnt gone thru, ill print out the emails i sent her and ill bring the special delivery slip thingy to prove that i did send it!

Im in flat 222 (easy one to remember!!!) Ill be ariving at bout 12-2pm, maybe/hopefully see u wen im there!
xxx
Reply 51
hummm ill be there about 4 tommorrow....ill look out for both of u....but yeah im not actually moving in till later....and i can't remember my flat no...lol...oh dear..its like 5 something bet that means im on the 5th floor then....darn ....oh well keep me fit..lol
cool! hopefully c u then! ill loiter around reception at abot 4 oclock then!!! :wink: woohoo.....sam vickers got back to me!!! everything i alright!!! WAYHAY!
xxx
Reply 53
lol...oh so she finally made it in to her office then...lol....well thats a relief at least..yay now u can relax and enjoy your last nite at home...ahhh how crazy is that
has any of your cheques for the shop stuff gone out yet? mine hasnt, or for the sus stuff, hmm, panic!
Reply 55
oh god ur gonna start me panicking again...i have no idea..it was my dad who wrote out the cheques we sent off then i wrote out a cheques to him...so i have no idea......
tessa
oh god ur gonna start me panicking again...i have no idea..it was my dad who wrote out the cheques we sent off then i wrote out a cheques to him...so i have no idea......

hehe, nothing like taking the long way round! im just not fretting anymore, itl all be reet in the end! :cool:
Reply 57
My cheques haven't gone out for the sho or the su yet but im not too worried as i think they'll have so much to sort out that it might not get cashed until we collect our stuff i hope!!
Reply 58
i went and got my key today...woooh....met someone in my flat to..though only spoke to her briefly but she seemed really nice.....can't wait till saturday now.....and then i won't be able to wait till sunday...then monday.....lol
Reply 59
Holy Smokes it finally works!!! Urm yea, so I'm in Mary Brancker House ^_^ and I've been getting all scared aboot it kuz i keep reading this and It wouldn't let me have a username until jusssst now =) by which point you'll all have moved in!!! Hehe, but at least I know I'm not the only person from Newcastle!!! Anyhoo, Hello everybody!! See y'all on friday (when I move in) I guess!

Latest

Trending

Trending