This discussion is closed.
Feefifofum
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Supermerp)
I said that 4 posts ago!
I'm so observant! Just goes to show your Mum is wise!
The Albatross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by red_roadkill)
I have Raynauds disease and in the winter especially I suffer poor circulation, although last winter I was largely ok. I think mine is gradually disappearing [which can happen], although I only had it mildly anyway.
i've got it mildly too. but avoiding watersports and things like that in winter means i don't get it like i used to. i miss sailing tho!
xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've got Reynauds...I just cope with it by wearing gloves...I have many funky-ass pairs Apparently ginger tablets are meant to help, but I didn't find them much good..
Lush Law
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by scarlet ibis)
i've got it mildly too. but avoiding watersports and things like that in winter means i don't get it like i used to. i miss sailing tho!
Yeah. I've never been one for watersports anyhow, but I stopped using my electric shaver because the vibrating would sometimes trigger an attack. I also never put my hand inside freezers. If I go away in the winter somewhere significantly colder than the UK I buy heatpads to put inside my gloves.

I know someone who has it badly and asks for all her drinks without ice in/only drinks red wine whilst out. So glad I don't have to do that.
xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by red_roadkill)
Yeah. I've never been one for watersports anyhow, but I stopped using my electric shaver because the vibrating would sometimes trigger an attack. I also never put my hand inside freezers. If I go away in the winter somewhere significantly colder than the UK I buy heatpads to put inside my gloves.

I know someone who has it badly and asks for all her drinks without ice in/only drinks red wine whilst out. So glad I don't have to do that.
hehe, ice in drinks for me causes bad attacks, so I wear gloves
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by yo-less)
don't laugh,i am absolutely serious:hmpf:i live in a tropical country and yet my hands are often icy cold for no apparent reason.especially if i'm in an air conditioned environment for a while,they remain cold ages after i have left such the place :confused:
is there a logical reason or am i just weird? :rolleyes:
just read this post and my first thought was raynauds syndrome (or the disease - hopefully not the syndorme is bad enough) i havn't read any other post but that is my first guess...
fleur-de-lis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
don't laugh,i am absolutely serious:hmpf:i live in a tropical country and yet my hands are often icy cold for no apparent reason.especially if i'm in an air conditioned environment for a while,they remain cold ages after i have left such the place :confused:

I have the same prob! Which is kind of embarrassing when I have to shake someone's hands and they would be like- 'Wow, your hands are so cold'...physically, I wouldnt feel cold at all! I'd like to know more about it... but I read somewhere that in US army, they made the soldiers dip their hands in warm water at least for some minutes every day for 2 weeks, and that cured them! Maybe there is some truth behind this?
galadriel100
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There must be a logical reason, or we're both weird. My hands are constantly cold. I have to wear gloves to bed! I run everyday but it doesn't do anything and my hands stay cold. You could go and see your doctor but it may not help. I went to mine he said I had chill blains and to keep my hands warm. The problem, is, my hands dont' stay warm!
98newtond
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I get the same thing too, super cold hands that is,

I like the cold hands warm heart stuff... He he

As far as i'm concerned it makes you normal...well, i like to think i am anyway...
lilsk8achic666
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
warm hands, cold heart that's me :eek:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1529)
79.3%
Leave (399)
20.7%

Watched Threads