Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    Most sane people.
    You haven't given any substantial proof. My cousin in France knows KCL, my uncle in Morocco knows KCL, a german student who stayed a month at my secondary knows about KCL. I don't know what you're speaking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HTale)
    You haven't given any substantial proof. My cousin in France knows KCL, my uncle in Morocco knows KCL, a german student who stayed a month at my secondary knows about KCL. I don't know what you're speaking about.

yes in my experience North Americans esp are familiar with KCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legbreakgoogly)
    Freestyle MC...

Nah, seriously,I am undecided. I *may* go to law school after my MA, or possibly go the whole 9 yards and do a PhD (specialization either British India 1900-1947, or US Foreign Policy post WW2).

Would that make a difference?
    Some careers are easier to get into from Bristol, others are easier from KCL.
    I think you should go to Bristol, overall it has a better reputation in the country [I'm not talking about internationally]

ReputationRep:
    This is confusing me. People seem to give me different asnwers. I woulde require a degree of global recognition, as my future is (as per my plans) in America, and not here. But obviously I want the best academic experience.

I mean the Guardian rankings have Kings higher, but I do not put too much emphasis on such things. Other forums I frequent, more global and full of professionals, tend to tell me KCL would be a better choice.

I have until Janurary to make a final call.

KCL will have more gash right?

ReputationRep:
    More gash maybe, but possibly not quality gash :cool:
    If you want top totty with a good collection of pashminas, look no further than Bristol

ReputationRep:
    If you want to go to America then maybe KCL is better, Americans dont know anything outside of London :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    And yet it is Americans who dominate the world economy...and will make me my fortune.

Your at Bristol I take it?

Ah that quality Bristol gash, with the crazy head skills...they should allow a sample of such activities on open days.

ReputationRep:
    Im applying to Bristol for next year [I dont really have anything against KCL I just like inserting a few controversial comments to get its students in uproar ] But both are good, either one is better depending on what you want to do.
    Is the totty at KCL any good? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Americans may dominate the economy, but atleast we Brits know how to queue

ReputationRep:
    On my interview, (I deferred my entry until 06), all I saw was goregous East European chicks. Man, it was "spray the shorts" material.

I take it then that your still in high school?

ReputationRep:
    Americans may dominate the economy, but atleast we Brits know how to queue

Ever notice how American Bimbos are hot, but English bimbos are unattractive?

Always baffled me that.

ReputationRep:
    American Bimbo = Valley Girl
    English Bimbo = Chav with Nike trainers and unhealthy teeth
    I'm in the last year of sixth form :cool: are you an undergrad or postgrad?

ReputationRep:
    I'm abt to start my postgraduate studies. On a year off, itching to visit Cali and sleep around with some Valley girls.

Yeah Chavettes suck, Valley girls are cool. Like German chicks, sexy accents do it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Some careers are easier to get into from Bristol, others are easier from KCL.
    I think you should go to Bristol, overall it has a better reputation in the country [I'm not talking about internationally]
    KCL has a better reputation for history though, and it sounds like that's what he's planning on doing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about History specifically so I can't pass judgement on that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morningtheft)
    KCL has a better reputation for history though, and it sounds like that's what he's planning on doing.
    Aye. History is my field. Possible shift to Intl Security studies, either way, KCL > Bristol according to the Guardian subject tables.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    And according to The Times subject tables too

ReputationRep:
    In fact, KCL is better in more or less everything.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol is better than KCL in more or less everything :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ramroff said:
    Bristol is better than KCL in more or less everything
    100% correct. Kings is an ex poly isn't it? Why would you choose that over one of the the best unis behind Oxbridge???

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.