rant about kings' reputation Watch

This discussion is closed.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can I ask why a thread about KCL's reputation was started?
KCL is a great uni otherwise it wouldn't be in the top ten, the question of it being better than LSE/UCL/Oxbridge/Bristol/Random is another story alltogether
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, except the funny thing is that nobody claimed that KCL is better than LSE/UCL/Oxbridge.

Having fun punching that strawman?
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by morningtheft)
Yeah, except the funny thing is that nobody claimed that KCL is better than LSE/UCL/Oxbridge.

Having fun punching that strawman?
The entire theme of this thread is that KCL is on the same standard other UoLs such as LSE and UCL.
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
"is on the same standard" =/= "is better"

Perhaps it would do you well to pick up a book on the English language, and then get back to me?
legbreakgoogly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well it is better then Bristol.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh have a medal, Ms Pedant :rolleyes: Now that you have worked yourself into ectasy over pointing a small error, will you care to respond to my amended claim :rolleyes:
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by legbreakgoogly)
Well it is better then Bristol.
For some things yes for most things no.
legbreakgoogly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
At 18, you should respect your elders.

At most things it is,and it has a better global name. Thats what matters most.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Are you going to tell the women to carry on with their knitting next :rolleyes:
MMA
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If its global name is so good why did it not come very high in the university world rankings. Especially the Times where one of the categories is peer review ie: reputation.
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
Are you going to tell the women to carry on with their knitting next :rolleyes:
It wouldn't surprise me if you did that, seeing as how you're such a fan of stereotypes. So are you going to justify your attack against Americans or not? I'm still waiting to hear all about my lack of geographical knowledge.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

You want to go to America so KCL is obviously better for you, but nationally Bristol has a better reputation and a large part of KCLs reputation lies on it being a
1)UoL College
2)University in London
legbreakgoogly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MMA)
If its global name is so good why did it not come very high in the university world rankings. Especially the Times where one of the categories is peer review ie: reputation.
1) It came #77 in the whole world. Pretty decent, it was I think the 6th highest ranked UK university.

2) You are the lad you thought it was a poly, your opinion is therefore worthless. So vamoos, son of a kiss.
Wild Thing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Clarkey_Berlin)
TBH, I think that UCL is totally overrated: were it not in London, I really don't think it would be all that well-known. Kings is fine: don't worry. I'm not sure why it doesn't have a better reputation, but it's still respected.
could I just point out that I agree with your statment that brazilian girls are the best, and that you look EXACTLY like Enrique Iglesias.

Sorry :p:
legbreakgoogly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aye, Latina chicks are hot.
Obaid
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tktaylor6)
lets take a subject they all teach, maths, lets compare the standard offer
imperial: AAB sometimes AAA
UCL: ABB
Kings: (ucas points or some other joke)
mate u sure, UCL ask for 3A's in maths. IC ask for AAB. KCL ask for ABB.
btw i think KCL is a better uni on the whole. its got a wkd social life, and u dont get ne robots that u would do at UCL and IC.
Obaid
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by HTale)
Kings isnt an ex-poly, you idiot. Secondly, who says Bristol is "behind" Oxbridge? Just because a sizeable number of rejects go there, it doesn't make it one of the best "behind oxbridge". In fact, it makes it a pseudo-Oxbridge.
thought id butt in like i always do. the simple sayin goes the older the uni, the better it is. UCL founded in 1824 and KCL in 1829.
although IC and LSE r the doggs *******s, how do we know how old they R?
sweetlikechocol
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gangrene)
hahah tktaylor you sound like you're 3! you're still not getting the point are you? btw, higher offers from IC doesn't mean its better. i never said IC wasn't good. its great. only for the sciences. it only teaches the sciences anyway. and business at the wye campus?

livingitlarge: yes, mom/dad.... :p:

I could have sworn that the wye campus is closing down?! I live near wye......just being nosey here! just ignore me!
sweetlikechocol
Report 13 years ago
To be honest, i dont think that it really matters about the reputation of the uni is, for example you could go to Imperial for Biochemistry (a widly offered course) (offer aaa-aab i think)and come out with a 3rd at the end of the 3 years. Now you could also go to eg. Kent uni to do Biochemistry (offer - about CCC-BBB) and come out with a 1st at the end of the 3 years of study. You are therefor emore likely to get a job if you went to Kent and got the 1st than if you went to imperial and got a 3rd. The reputation of the uni has nothing to do with it, just because you went to imperial doesnt mean you are more likely to do better in life?!. All the unis serve their purpous, and i think its really petti arguing which has the best reputaion, like i said, it doesnt matter if it has the best or the worst reputation, its all about what you do with your time there. My uni (RVC) doesnt even appear on the league tables...that must mean im really stupid because its not the best in the country/world/universe

JUST ENJOY UNI AND STOP ARGUIONG OVER PETTI SUBJECTS!!!! xxx

and before someone points it out, yes i know i cant spell!
shyopstv
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It has not closed yet but it is only a matter of time imo. They have closed all but one undergraduate course and they already have a seperate postgraduate campus. I heard that they were eventually going to sell it to a housing developer. Shame as Wye is such a pretty little village and the Wye campus is huge
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1530)
79.27%
Leave (400)
20.73%

Watched Threads