rant about kings' reputation Watch

This discussion is closed.
LivinItLarge!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tktaylor6)
because inless you got all A's i wont read your posts as you have an oppinion not worth hearing. those that did get all A's what subjetcs because if its micy mouse again i wont read

No offence mate but you really are starting to display a very self embarrassing image of yourself. Some of the most successful people in the world didn't have any qualifications at all. If we refer to your maths for example, Albert Einstein didn't even do very well at school.

However I imagine that someone of your level of intelligence probably didn't know that!
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Kingers! Behave yourselves :rolleyes:
Chiefect
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No I actually got all A's and one B does that make me a ******?????????????????????????? ???????????????
gangrene
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
ok guys, back to the REAL point of this thread...

trying to analyze why kings reputation is still, dare i say, slightly marred? i mean, its been a while!
Chiefect
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
marred, dead in the water..... but wait my opinion means nothing becasue I ONLY got all A's and ONE B !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hallucination
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
haha a BTEC is a joke, do you honestly belive all this equivelent lark is for real, its designed to boost your self esteem and keep the kids of the streets, the line is GCSE - A LEVEL (or IB) why do you think oxbridge only accept A level or IB people, no BTEC no GNVQ no "equivelents"
I think you'll find that Cambridge does accept applications from those with BTEC qualifications rather than A-Level; hence the reason I got an interview.
LT0918
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol, take it easy lads and lassies, there's always gotta be *******s here to bring us some entertainment =) A laugh a day is a very good day
Chiefect
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah I have no idea why I'm getting wound up a by that little cretin who thinks anythign less than 100% perfect isnt worth anything. Just to make myself feel better I'm going to imagine he has a major sexual disfunction. **HEHE mr floppy**

look now I'm being as childish as him
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LivinItLarge!)
Yet more and more Oxbridge students find themselves without jobs after graduation, maby because these students like yourslef think that reputation is everything and therefore do nothing else but work to get into and then get a degree from Oxbridge. Like I said before a uni's reputation isn't everything. If all you are good for is work and therefore don't have any social attributes etc then an employer is going to be less likely to offer you a job than say someone from Kings who is fairly smart but also have great social attributes such as TEAM working skills etc.
I'd also like to point out that King's College has the third highest graduate employment rate, according to The Times' 2006 tables.
LivinItLarge!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
Substantiate this. Show me some links, or else I shall dismiss this statement for lack of evidence.
Graduate prospects for students at Oxford: 77.5%

Source: The Time Good University Guide

Therefore 22.5% students fail to gain a graduate job after graduating from the university of Oxford so there you go! proven
beeblebrox87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
because inless you got all A's i wont read your posts as you have an oppinion not worth hearing. those that did get all A's what subjetcs because if its micy mouse again i wont read
So if your car breaks and a mechanic tells you whats wrong with it, you won't listen to him because he didn't get all A's? How about a police officer telling you to pull over? An incompetent official offering you a research grant?

Speaking as someone who got the equivalent of all A's (three 7's in IB HL subjects), exams, while a decent way to judge someone's qualifications for a course or job, are an utterly worthless way to judge the worth of their opinion before you've heard it.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by livingitLarge)
Graduate prospects for students at Oxford: 77.5%

Source: The Time Good University Guide

Therefore 22.5% students fail to gain a graduate job after graduating from the university of Oxford so there you go! proven
How completely baseless. Haven't you thought maybe just maybe those 22.5% went into further education or took a year out? :rolleyes:
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you got an interview so they dont get done for beign unfair by the media, did you get in?
I got an offer, yes, but didn't end up going there. What you said is that they don't accept the BTEC qualification - therefore you are wrong. The BTEC qualification is indeed completely different to studying for an A Level (I should know, I completed two alongside my BTEC) but getting the 'equivalent' of AAA is absolutely not easy.
Chiefect
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by hallucination)
I got an offer, yes, but didn't end up going there. What you said is that they don't accept the BTEC qualification - therefore you are wrong. The BTEC qualification is indeed completely different to studying for an A Level (I should know, I completed two alongside my BTEC) but getting the 'equivalent' of AAA is absolutely not easy.

Doing a BTEC National while doing an A-level must of been rough.
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Chiefect)
Doing a BTEC Natioanl while doing an A-level must of been rough.
Hehe, I did 2 A Levels in my gap year for fun (I'd already completed my BTEC).
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Chiefect)
Ignorant piece of ****. You are so far up your own arse its unreal.
Please bear in mind that the person you're talking to got BCCCCDDDE for his GCSEs :P LOL
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you got an offer from cambridge? with a BTEC?! what what subject?!
Computer Science.
Chiefect
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
he's a little tard isnt he. first he says you woouldnt get in with BTEC then when he finds out you got an offer he says. hmm must of been a crap course.. get over yourself, theres only one person that thinks that highly of you and thats your mother
LivinItLarge!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
How completely baseless. Haven't you thought maybe just maybe those 22.5% went into further education or took a year out? :rolleyes:

Maby, but that still wouldn't make up 22.5%. Anyway I'm not trying argue with you, I'm trying to point a valid fact that Reputation is not the means to an ends as what ever his name is saying and if you have a problem with that then you are no better!

Also wy do you think that many people will go into further education? well maby because some may find that they have to in order to get a graduate job, but like I said I'm not going to argue!
tktaylor6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wait wait, what A levels did you do in your gap year? and what was your offer from cambridge and for what course and what college?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (99)
25.65%
No (287)
74.35%

Watched Threads