The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i think its too see whether the boy cares enough to make the effort to talk first?
Reply 2
Could give the impression to the boy that the girl's blanking him though.
Reply 3
I think its cos they want to be entered like the Eurostar.
They want the boy to talk first :smile:
Because they don't like them.
Probably trying to play hard to get. This almst always fails in the end as the guy assumes they're not interested and will endeavour to move on to a fresh piece of meat. I don't know how girls can complain at boys for not making enough effort when they make no effort whatsoever themselves. If they like a boy and the boy isn't being proactive, why don't they make the first move?

When girls play hard to get with me, I just play them at their own game and totally ignore them. That way, noone wins. :yep:
I take it that theyre just not that interested. Don't see why i should always initiate conversation if they want to talk to me.
Reply 8
Because they have no logic and assume if they like someone he should somehow be able to divine this and make the first move.

If he guesses wrongly that a girl likes him he faces embarrassment and rejection.

If it weren't for this double standard I would love the female sex.
Reply 9
xnatalie01x
They want the boy to talk first :smile:

I don't know what I find more humorous. The double standard or watching you ignore a guy you have a huge crush on only to see him walk on by you because he has no idea you like him.
Reply 10
so tht he can notice her n think abt her n wanna kno her...
Reply 11
We have a couple of reasons! :smile: It doesn't really hold true all the time.

Sometimes, we do not ignore. We just try our best not to make it obvious.
Because everybody wants what they can't get. Girls think that by acting off with boys they like, the boy will continue to like her more. Unfortunately this only works for a while til' we (the males) get tired. Two weeks later you get a text from her.

It's tradition. Most girls are insecure and that makes them predictable.
Do they? Never really noticed that
Sithius
I don't know what I find more humorous. The double standard or watching you ignore a guy you have a huge crush on only to see him walk on by you because he has no idea you like him.

Haha, yeah more or less this. Society is destroyed.
I don't understand full out ignoring, but quite often this can be done to a lesser extent because the girl doesn't want to look like a fool. It's like a defense mechanism - you don't want the guy to leave with his mate only for them to have a discussion about how much he's got you wrapped around his little finger. Does that make sense?
Some girls don't want to make a fool of themselves and stare at them to see if they notice.
Then we try and make a move subtly and see if you're still interested. Staring is a good sign if it's someone you like, not some creepy perv.
yituool
Because they don't like them.

This.
Every girl tries it at the beginning. The key is to get them to admit to liking you, once they've done that the battle is over and you get them on smash.
Because for a woman, everything is the reverse of what a guy has to do.

Latest

Trending

Trending