The Forge - Postcode Problem Watch

This discussion is closed.
Melissa123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
PLEASE HELP!!!
Is anyone having a problem with the address they have been given by sheffield uni??
I have been searching internet maps using the postcode S2 4QJ but everytime I get a response saying 'postcode not recognised' or words to that effect.
I need to sort things out, like a TV licience, but cant as im unsure if the info is correct!
my parents have also tried cos i thought it was jus me bein stupid at 1st, but thats definately what the uni have put on my contract.
i have emailed the uni but they havent replied as yet.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The forge shouldn't be s2 surely its on London road which is between s7 and s11?
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No they are S2 I've just seen it elsewhere it might be because they are so new their post code isn't recognised yet.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what road does it have in your address? London road?
SilverRocket
Report 13 years ago
www.viamichelin.co.uk

This site recognises the postcode.
Melissa123
Rep:
?
boston street
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Try putting boston street sheffield into this search without the post code and see what comes up in the list of houses. If the forge comes up you can check the postcode, if not it must be too new.
http://www.postcodeanywhere.co.uk/ho...ckerpopup.aspx
Melissa123
Rep:
?
has anyone else been told the same postcode?
SilverRocket
Report 13 years ago
I've got S2 4QE.
It works on route-finder sites, so just use that.
Wherever you are in the Forge can hardly be far from where I am.
Guitarmarama
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
S2 4QE - That can be rather stupidly interpreted as "Stu, F**k You"
Jess8686
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
just bought my tv license and it ive paid however i was worried about postcode so rung them up cos i bought online and they said postcode not recognised on system but because it hasnt been long enough to be processed i have to ring back mondaY TO see whether its going to work. my postcode is S2 4QJ?
boarderstu
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jess8686)
just bought my tv license and it ive paid however i was worried about postcode so rung them up cos i bought online and they said postcode not recognised on system but because it hasnt been long enough to be processed i have to ring back mondaY TO see whether its going to work. my postcode is S2 4QJ?
well not that i had a TV license last year but i lived in norfolk park and my postcode was s2 3qe also i think or something similar, and that comes up as granville road, so dont really worry about ur post code, it will still read ur house aslong as its adressed:

NAME
The Forge,
STREET,
SHEFFIELD
POST CODE

dont worry post will arrive
Nutan_uk
Report 13 years ago
hey ppl. The Forge is a new building thats why it won't be registered in the t.v. licence system. I just bought mine all u hve to do is tell them that its a new building, give them the address and they will build the address up for you. Thats that they did for me and my t.v. licence shud be posted there. Even if it doesnt reach there thats no problem if some one comes to check just tell them the situation and they'll check the database, which will have records of u having paid for it. Seriously people do not worry about t.v. licence problems. As long as you've paid for it and ur bank records show that u have u'll be fine.
x
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (51)
45.95%
Pro-humanity (60)
54.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise