Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

after searching and searching, and not finding a relevant thread i thought i'd be a geek and start an official one!

So who is actually going to the count of staffordshire to study.

I am im going to Stoke, to study Accounting! How fun hey? i am looking forward to it, finding new friends is gna b weird lol

Party at royal daulton hall though whos up for it? :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to university this year but Staffs university looks good and is in a good location too. It's very cheap too!

ReputationRep:
    I had a personal tour around Staffs with a lovely student ambassidor who had been working for the Uni for the last 5years, she obviously loves it there and after talking to the psychology tutor I fell in love with the place, but, I am still going to a load more open days!

AS levels
    Biology U (oops) Economics E Citizenship C Psychology C and Sociology A

A2
    Economics, Psychology and Scoiology

Future
    Psychology... God knows where lol, at the moment either Staffs or Portsmouth.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I was just messing around really and found this thread, im a student at staffs uni so i just thought id say hi. If anyone has any questions about the uni then be happpy to answer them.

Al

ReputationRep:
    hey iv been accepted to study psychology and criminology at staffs but im unsure can u give me sum ideas about what its like please i have no idea???

ReputationRep:
    its my first year ther.. n i love it.. fresheres week was ace.. everyone is soooooooooooooo friendly and the uni itself is nice and a wikid location.. im studying a geeky subject and i enjoy it

im lookin forward 2 2006 september

ooo and student nights on monday/wednesday are awesome and wednesday in newcastle under lyme is awesome!!!

ReputationRep:
    Im going hopefully! I loved it when i looked round but didnt get to find much out about the night life - whats that like?

ReputationRep:
    Thought i'd pimp this thread by bumping it. I'm a first year student studying at the Stafford campus, I'm guessing all you guy/gals are at the Stoke campus?

Course is pretty good although I sacrificed a decent social life because all the girls at Staffs uni are at the Stoke campus!

chloeb88- Nightlife in Stafford is poor, although Stoke is good because it has Liquid which is a club in Hanley (part of Stoke). Also LRV on the Stoke campus is a good club but I've only been once.

This guy I know is running a coach from Stafford to Stoke every Monday to Liquid.
    He charges 10 pounds including entrance and return so it's much cheaper than taking a taxi but hes still making lots of profit out of it to the tune of 100s of pounds a week although saying that sometimes only 10-15 people go and he doesn't make a profit.

I might talk to the Student Union and ask them if they can setup an official coach that will run non-profit, although doubt I'll be very successful because if they were going to do it they would probably have done it by now. Not to mention they encourage people to go to the SU bar/club on campus so it wouldn't be in their interests to setup a coach to Stoke.

ReputationRep:
    Morning!!

I'm 22 / 23 and thinking about going to Staffs in Septmber.

Whats the average age there?? I have heard theres quite a few matures there - but not sure this is a good thing.

I don't feel any older than 18, and suppose really age isn't a massive problem!

Got an open day on the 15th - is anyone else going?

Sports and Excercise Nutrition for me!

Mat

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys

ive been offered a place (conditional) to study Crime Deviance and Soceity in Sept 2006 and am sooo looking forward to it.
    Cant wait to meet new friends, i love all my friends now, i just wanna meet new people,even though im really shy, lol

Is every-one gona live there? Acommadation looks pretty nice

xxx

ReputationRep:
    i applied to do nursing at stafford but i havent heard anything of them . it is my first choice as i really want to go there, and i have some friends that live about a mile away from the uni. i just hope that i get a place, and hear something soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurajj)
    i applied to do nursing at stafford but i havent heard anything of them . it is my first choice as i really want to go there, and i have some friends that live about a mile away from the uni. i just hope that i get a place, and hear something soon.

Im sure you will, dont worry about it

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry Sabre, i also attend the Stafford campus. I'll sum up the 2 campuses in a nutshell. Stafford, nice place, quiet, good technology courses, not really any girls. Stoke, bit of a dive, horrible accent (imagine a cross between a brummie and a scouse, if you will), bigger campus, great night life.
    I'm in a good position to comment because although i go to the stafford campus, i did spend a year of uni living in Stoke commuting to Stafford for lectures.
    For those who will be going to attend you can still have a good night going to the stoke union, theres a place that everyone goes after (Harry's) thats open till 4am, then there only 2 hours to wait for the earliest train at 6am. Admittadly this is'nt for the lightweights.

Take care all

Al

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.