All you med students when you become doctors get a decent receptionist Watch

This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I was recently very ill as was my friend, we were both told we had probably had glandular fever caught by sharing drinks at the pub with each other. We went and had blood tests done and rang up and received the "negative" result from a rude desk clerk who immediatly phoned up despite both of us wishing to make another appointment. My friend went back today to be informed that the test came back positive and the person had read someone else's blood test results. As we both thought we were fine we continued to share drinks, kissed people on New Years and have now spread the infection as well as risked contracting hepatitis due to drinking alcohol when we shouldn't have.
How lairy is that?
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I was recently very ill as was my friend, we were both told we had probably had glandular fever caught by sharing drinks at the pub with each other. We went and had blood tests done and rang up and received the "negative" result from a rude desk clerk who immediatly phoned up despite both of us wishing to make another appointment. My friend went back today to be informed that the test came back positive and the person had read someone else's blood test results. As we both thought we were fine we continued to share drinks, kissed people on New Years and have now spread the infection as well as risked contracting hepatitis due to drinking alcohol when we shouldn't have.
How lairy is that?
Doctor's receptionists are often far more supercilious than the doctors.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
How lairy is that?
You'll have to run that one by me again. How did you risk contracting hepatitis by drinking alcohol?
Besides, most receptionists and PAs are brilliant and act to bridge the gap vetween top doctors and patients
J
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
You'll have to run that one by me again. How did you risk contracting hepatitis by drinking alcohol?
Yes, I was wondering that, but was too polite to say anything.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
Yes, I was wondering that, but was too polite to say anything.
Well I was going to ask if she has the same problem as me, drink alcohol, turn into a slut.
2 pints and I'm anybody's
J
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think most receptionists should be given basic medical training; they already seem to think they know which problems are worth visiting the dr for!
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
All of the medical receptionists I have ever had have all been very professional but some unprofessional ones do exist.
One of my friends phoned up to get the results of some tests she had, had because of some ladies problems and the receptionist implied to her that she might have less trouble in future if she watched who she slept with. My friend doesnt sleep around and understandably wasnt too impressed.
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Other than receptionists, my next moan has got to be nurses. Yes they do a great job, but I was soo suprised to see how up themselves some of them were to me and my m8s when we were on firms last month. The doctors, technicians etc were soo good to us but 2 or 3 nurses were really rude and unhelpful to us. This suprised me cos my previous experience has always been soo good with nurses, especially the older ones who take you under their wings and mother you lol!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (293)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (283)
25.22%
No I don't (546)
48.66%

Watched Threads