The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Mentally Ill
So are you leaving Essex Uni (as this is your location according to your tag thing) to go to Oxbridge?

I go to Essex uni - I was made an offer of AAA for Oxford, but only got AAB.
scanner
It arrived on our last day of term. I went out that night to a party without going home first. Arrived back around 1.30 am to find my parents sitting up looking anxious. Initally I thought something dreadful had happened or that I was in deep trouble. Then I saw the envelope. The parents said they didn't want to spoil my evening by telling me it had arrived but they couldn't go to bed not knowing!! In all honesty a night partying dulled the experience. My Dad insisted on opening a bottle of champagne he'd bought in hope. He had worked out that a thickish enevelope was probably a good sign. Waking the next morning was a straneg mix of elation, confusion and hangover. Eventually it sunk in.

Oh I like your story.
loftx
I go to Essex uni - I was made an offer of AAA for Oxford, but only got AAB.

Oh that is unfortunate, but I bet you're having a great time in Essex.
Reply 23
Mentally Ill
Oh that is unfortunate, but I bet you're having a great time in Essex.

Yeah Essex is good - am probably having more fun and doing less work than i would at Oxford :biggrin:
loftx
Yeah Essex is good - am probably having more fun and doing less work than i would at Oxford :biggrin:

you would have still rather gone to oxford though.
The day before recieving the offer, I was playing Warcraft 3 over night till 3am. then I thought about my application for a while (because it was nearly getting to the new year) and fell asleep afterwards.
6am I was forced to open my eyes because of the noise made by the postman outside. Imediately I jumped off the bed and grabed all the letter. there includes the one, very small. I started to worry becuase I thought they don't have to use a big letter and write a lot of stuff if they rejects you! but I tried to stay calm and opened it with surprise. I got an offer!!!!
Reply 26
My letter STILL hasnt arrived at my house even though it was posted on the 30th Dec! I went to school on monday wondering why all the teachers were looking at me and smiling (they usually scowl at me). One of them said 'well done, you must be pleased' and when i asked why they were to busy shouting at a Y7. It wasnt till 2pm when i was asked to see the head that i knew what it was all about (he showed me the school's letter). I left, run into the toilet and screamed and then had to go to maths to do a test (cudnt tell any1 for a whole hour cos we had to be quite and I was late).
duffer
My letter STILL hasnt arrived at my house even though it was posted on the 30th Dec! I went to school on monday wondering why all the teachers were looking at me and smiling (they usually scowl at me). One of them said 'well done, you must be pleased' and when i asked why they were to busy shouting at a Y7. It wasnt till 2pm when i was asked to see the head that i knew what it was all about (he showed me the school's letter). I left, run into the toilet and screamed and then had to go to maths to do a test (cudnt tell any1 for a whole hour cos we had to be quite and I was late).

Well done:smile: Which college?
Reply 28
MadNatSci
Well done:smile: Which college?

Jesus College, nat sci AAAB. What about you (im guessing your nat sci too :smile:
duffer
Jesus College, nat sci AAAB. What about you (im guessing your nat sci too :smile:

lol - yeah, I'm at Sidney. Congrats to you!
Reply 30
post came on the 22nd dec at about 2pm - was delayed grr! was so nervous, had a stack of letters about 50cm high! chucked everything around trying to find the jesus one, found it, and could read through the window "we are delighted to tell you" so started crying and jumping madly around before i had even opened it, opened it cried more - mum and dad both wernt in so i rang them, then rang everyone i knew, then went round my m8s house!
Reply 31
Lol, this has been called a 'pointless, self-indulgent thread' (presumably by someone who didn't get an offer :wink: )

However, Iwould like to set the record straight. It has been over a year since I got my offer and I can assure any 'self indulgent' whims have just about worn off. I wanted to provide a seperate thread for people wanting share their stories as it seemed there was a place for it and must add that I did NOT specify that the thread was only for those who have received offers.
Reply 32
Hmmm, well I was walking back from a friend's house after a Friday night out celebrating the last day of term when I just decided to check the post (I wasn't expecting the letter for another week or so). As soon as I looked in the box I saw a big white letter with a "Queens College" postmark on it. This made me jump a bit as I was thinking "hang on, this is from the 2nd college I was interviewed at, why would they reject me?". After that I just tore it open, saw the words "pleased to inform you" and jumped up and down a couple of times. I wasn't THAT happy though as I knew I still needed to get 40 points. If I manage to meet my offer and secure a place there though, then I'll really celebrate :biggrin:. It was the best hangover cure EVER though xthup
I was completely expecting not to get, but I thought that if there was any possibility of success I would be offered a place at one of the other colleges I was interviewed at. When I got the letter from my first choice college I was just convinced it was a rejection becasue it had their stamp on it and not Peter's or Worcester's. But I was wrong!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Latest

Trending

Trending