Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hahaha, I know, it's such a lovely place... :p:
MozMan
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
i dont live in central chelmsford (where the chavs beat each other up) i live outside it in north springfield which is a pretty nice place really, but its still officially part of chelmsford hope your bf stays clear of central chelmsford on week nights lol
Lawson
Report 13 years ago
Name: Chris
Birthplace: Blackpool
Going to Study: Politics (Likely with Creative Writing and something not yet decided)
Interests: Liverpool FC, Writing, Technology, Politics, Whedon-Verse, Ghostbusters
Why I Chose Lancaster: Good Uni, strong for my course and the right distance from home.

Looking Forward To: Being settled in - not a fan of the waiting, that extra independence.
Not Looking Forward To: Freshers week. May be too chaotic for my tastes.
stevo87
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lawson)
No offense lawson but... how are you not looking forward to freshers week? Its a week which allows you to get to know new people, find out what other stuff the uni has to offer, it gives you a chance to figure out your way round the uni and most of all, it gives you a week of settling your nerves before all the hard work begins, letting your hair down and hopefully have a really good time.

Everyone that i know has said freshers week is amazing, saying that you will have a blast.

Go to this website: http://introweek.lusu.co.uk/introweek

Select your college and course etc from the top drop down boxes, and see whats on offer for you on freshers week.
Retardchar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
MozMan:
hope your bf stays clear of central chelmsford on week nights lol
He lives about five minutes walk from the centre, haha. He's a weakling indie boy though so never fear, he doesn't want to get himself involved in any chav fights! :p:

Lawson:
I'm really glad I'm not the only person thinking that.
MozMan
Report 13 years ago
chaotic definately isn't for me either lol, i just hope i can meet plenty of people and join some societys
Lawson
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by stevo87)
No offense lawson but...
None taken

Just a confidence thing. Personally I will settle in better once i've got a settled routine.

Cheers for the link.
lancaster_lad
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lawson)
None taken

Just a confidence thing. Personally I will settle in better once i've got a settled routine.

Cheers for the link.
I was a student in Manchester before I dropped out! Freshers Week is great but if you don't have to get involved in everything - just do what you feel like doing.

I would recommend doing as much as you can though because you meet so many people. In Manchester I met my best friends in my first week so it really is worth getting out there and having a laugh
Ma7y
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by danjc)
I was a student in Manchester before I dropped out! Freshers Week is great but if you don't have to get involved in everything - just do what you feel like doing.

I would recommend doing as much as you can though because you meet so many people. In Manchester I met my best friends in my first week so it really is worth getting out there and having a laugh
lol yeh done the freshers week thing a few times before :cool:

I can also say that i met my best buds in freshers week, and to this day, (although i was only at leeds uni for about a month or so) i keep in contact with em. In fact im posting off one of their computers now.

My tip, Take some beers up with you, crack em open and let the good times follow. The first nite in the freshers bar is soo cool coz u meet soo many top people. U just gotta remember that theyre all in the same boat as you, so just go over and say hi. I mean one of my good mates who i actually went on holiday with this summer, i met by chance. I mean i noticed a guy in the bar on the first nite, who had a 'Fox racing' top on (a mountain biking make). so i went over said hello got chatting, the rest is history. Its alot harder to make friends after freshers week, so get as many as you can. I know leeds was daunting after the first week, and have heard of people quitting because they felt alienated. This is purely because they didnt make an effort in the first week. (wasnt my reason for leaving :p: )

waffle waffle. Anyway ill prob be bumming around the pendle bar on the first nite. So if anybody sees a tall bloke in some pimp green shoes. Say hello
stevo87
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ma7y)
pimp green shoes
lol. im in pendle so i will look out for you!!!
Ash-M
Report 13 years ago
Name: Ashley
Birthplace: Ormskirk
Going to Study: Computer Science & Philosophy maybe (At Pendle)
Interests: Supporting the "European champions", reading, films and comedies like Coupling, The Office and Friends, music and philosophy/Buddhism stuff
Why I Chose Lancaster: I'm from a little village so this will be a step up for me , love the scenery, good uni, good course, good people hopefully...

em028
Report 13 years ago
Name Em
Birthplace (and current place of abode) Northern Ireland
Going to Study Social Work (I don't need any minor subjects - I feel so so out of it!)
Interests Pass - I hate this question. Do not ask me.
Why I chose Lancaster Initially, because it was the first prospectus I put my hand on in the careers room when they insisted I put down a 6th university. But I LOVED it when I went over for my interview.
College County (West)
Looking forward to... Independence, meeting new people, etc, etc, etc.....the usual!
Scared Stiff Of.... The possibility that I might not make any friends!
xstarsx
Report 13 years ago
Name Aimee
Birthplace A little village in stoke-on-trent
Going to study Cell biology with biomedicine
Interests hmm music, films like the life aquatic, all sorts really.
College County west! woo!
Why I chose lancaster All the other unis that i looked at were spread over a city and lancaster just looked really nice and seemed to have loads of stuff going on all the time.
Looking forward to Making friends, having fun, having my independence
Scared of Not making friends, not liking people i am in a corridor with.
stevo87
Report 13 years ago
Name Ste
Birthplace Lancaster
Going to study Computing and Multimedia
Interests Music (i cant live with out music), films, biking, hanging out with mates, drinking, clubbing
College Pendle. woot woot!
Why I chose lancaster Ive lived in the area my entire life and actually really like it here. It has its flaws but where doesnt! The uni course was what i wanted to do and the uni itself just looked like a really good place to be.
Looking forward to Freshers week, getting involved, making friends and having fun
Scared of Same as most people... not making friends and not getting on with people on my corrider. also not passing the first year! lol.
xstarsx
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by stevo87)
Scared of Same as most people... not making friends and not getting on with people on my corrider. also not passing the first year! lol.
I like how you are the onl y person on here that has said they are scared of not passing the year. I think everyone else (inc me) has forgotten uni has any work involved! :p:
Retardchar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know I've forgotten about the work aspect... As Freud said, we repress thoughts that make us anxious, hence not thinking about work! :p:
JustAnotherStar
Report 13 years ago
Name: Vicky
Birthplace: Margate
Going to study: Philosophy
College: Cartmel
Interests: alternative (i guess lol) music, dancing (especially the drunk kind ), reading, writing, myspace, messing around online in general, going out, having fun, sudoku (so addicive, can only do the easy ones though!)
Why I chose Lancaster: It was far away from where i live and when i visited i really liked it, its all in one place (some i visited were spread out loads which i hated) and it seemed really friendly, so i made it my first choice.
luke88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sorry to interupt guys but what's this third option thing with your degree?
RaminiKaiok
Report 13 years ago
Name: Richard
Birthplace: Chorley
Going to study: Biochemistry
College: Cartmel
Interests: Sitcoms (Blackadder, red dwarf), anime, computers/gaming, badminton
Why I chose Lancaster: Seemed a really nice place. Some of its a bit grotty but where I am is nice :-P My feet hurt like hell though. 2 days and blisters 0_0

Maybe see some of you around, its the bar crawl tonight I believe! I went and did a 2 man bar crawl last night so hopefully ill know all the pubs before everyone else :-)
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by RaminiKaiok)
My feet hurt like hell though. 2 days and blisters 0_0
:ditto:

But good exercise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (142)
27.36%
No (377)
72.64%

Watched Threads