AS: How many free periods Watch

This discussion is closed.
~Bex~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Does anyone else have a timetable where they just get 2 lessons a day? This is how it works in my school. The normal school timetable has 5 periods, and for sixth form that gets split into 2 sessions, one of 3 lessons and one of 2, and every week you get a 3 lesson session and a 2 lesson session in each subject. But looking on here everyone else seems to have a normal timetable, does anyone else have one like mine?
Daniel4389
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes, mine is exactly like that!
lucaz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
when I took 4 AS levels, I had 6 a week. now I take 3 A-levels and have 13 frees a week each 50 mins
sheepgirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am taking 3 aslevels and 1 GCSE re-sit in college. Out of 30 - 50min periods I have 17 lessons which will go down to 15 in January. I also have either 1 general studies lecture or a tutorial every week.

I have 4 hours between lessons on monday!
Start college at 11 on tuesday
Start college at 11 on wednesday (which will eventually be a day off after I re-take GCSE maths)
All day thursday
2 hours mid day on friday.

Not a bad timetable methinks!
usa1981
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am from the states we do not have free periods. At my high school if a pupsil needed more help they got one period a day it was called resource support which ment that student could only have 5 real courses a day. These periods were 50 mintues each. That would be like 5 free periods 250mins a week.
Two Tone
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've got 6 frees, of 1 hour each. Got most of Tuesday morning off, but a full day on Friday, which is a bit of a pain.
iylink
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We've got some weird timetable system that spreads over a fortnight with weeks A and B and I have 12 every 2 weeks...
Also I know a guy in our year who as just 1 lesson on one day (we have 6 periods a day) and he's free for the whole morning of that day!
Lil Lee Lee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not really on topic, but OMG you people have short lessons!

At AS our lessons were 1 and a quarter hours long, with 4 lessons a week per subject so I had 11 and a quarter hours free.

At A2 lessons went up to an an hour and 35 mins but there were only 3 lessons per subject per week. but I can't be bothered to do the maths now. (Maths wasn't one of my subjects). But I had 12 out of 20 lessons in total in class.

I'm confused now!
Paula
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~Bex~)
Does anyone else have a timetable where they just get 2 lessons a day? This is how it works in my school. The normal school timetable has 5 periods, and for sixth form that gets split into 2 sessions, one of 3 lessons and one of 2, and every week you get a 3 lesson session and a 2 lesson session in each subject. But looking on here everyone else seems to have a normal timetable, does anyone else have one like mine?

Yep my time table is exactly the same
soulsussed
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My timetable is split so that you get one double lesson in every subject you take. So I have an afternoon of art one day, and an afternoon of maths the other day. I have no free periods at the moment, but I'm going to drop my subjects down to four, because at the moment theres no way I can do 20 hrs hw time!
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hmm my lessons are for AS levels for each subject:

3 x 1 hour
1 x 1.5 hours
yorkshirelass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have 14 free periods, I think. They're 1 hour 15 mins long.. so that's err.. 21 hours off timetable?
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I had loads when I did it!
sheepgirl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Each week I have 2 x 1 hour 40min lessons
and 1 x 50 min lesson
per AS subject.
Ayumi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im taking 5 subjects, and i only have like 3 free periods ><
i know some people that even have 2 days off. i thought going to college meant more free days off and more sleep.
there are 2 days when i get to leave at 2:30 and 1 day when i get to sleep later and come in for lessons at 10:45.
my lessons are an hour and a half.
packupthemoon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have seven. But two are for enrichment, and I'm going to use another few for squash, so they're not all really 'free' frees.
Lidka
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
14, of 50 minutes each. Five of them are supposed to be lunchtimes, but it's quite complicated because this year we have alternating lunchtimes.

I've cut 4 out for my out-of-school Latin, and 2 more for library duty, and will probably shift another one for a singing lesson, but it's still a nice amount. I'm only doing 3 A levels (and AS GS) in school, which is why I have so many. Some of my friends have none!
~Bex~
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Maybe I should have done the options differently!! I wasn't expecting so many people with more than 6 free hours a week!!
Cessie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I had 5 50 min frees a week, plus two more frees allocated for completing work for distance learning law.

This year I have 8 frees.
Lykabelle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well technically I have 3 frees. But also we may be a lesson outside school hours frm 3.25-4.25 so they can count as frees so including them it would be 7 but excluding them I've only got 3 . And i have loads of double lessons (lasts 2 hours). I'm taking 5 As, 4 are 5 hours a week and Critical Thinkin is 2 and I also have PSHE.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1111)
79.07%
Leave (294)
20.93%

Watched Threads