AS: How many free periods Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lykabelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lykabelle)
Well technically I have 3 frees. But also we may be a lesson outside school hours frm 3.25-4.25 so they can count as frees so including them it would be 7 but excluding them I've only got 3 . And i have loads of double lessons (lasts 2 hours). I'm taking 5 As, 4 are 5 hours a week and Critical Thinkin is 2 and I also have PSHE.
oh yeh my periods last one hour. And two of my frees are afta lunch so basically I'll be going home. So that means I only have one free in between lessons in a week. :eek:
rainy_skye
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have 3 two on the afternoon of wednesdays and 1 on friday.
jeszikca
Report 13 years ago
8 frees every week. Each one is 40 minutes. I have two frees after dinner on Fridays so I get to go home early on Friday afternoons, yay!
StillUndecided
Report 13 years ago
At AS I had 8 free periods a week - each 35 minutes. Had 8 periods of each subject a week.

At A2 I have 13 free periods a week - each 35 minutes. Have 9 periods of each subject a week.
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~Bex~)
Does anyone else have a timetable where they just get 2 lessons a day? This is how it works in my school. The normal school timetable has 5 periods, and for sixth form that gets split into 2 sessions, one of 3 lessons and one of 2, and every week you get a 3 lesson session and a 2 lesson session in each subject. But looking on here everyone else seems to have a normal timetable, does anyone else have one like mine?
My timetable is like that but i don't really get any free time. The 5hrs where i don't have a subject i am either doing games, general studies or young enterprise.
Doom_and_Gloom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I get 3 hours on Monday, 2 hours on Tuesday, 3 and a half on Wednesday, 3 and a half on Thursday and the whole of friday off (9am-6pm days) . I like my timetable at the moment but it's "subject to change" as the teachers at college say. We will probably be given the change of timetable on Monday (oh happy days :rolleyes: ) but I should still get my fridays off acording to one of the co-heads .
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
About two hours per week.
Icy Ghost
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've only got 2 free periods now that they fixed our timetables, but I count Study period as a free because I sign out to the art department and just go home, lol! So that makes it about 4 hours a week
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I did have 4, until we had to give up 2 frees a week for community service around the school. on one day i help the ict technician do stuff (well...kick back and have a coffe and a chat with him) and then one where im 'on call' for stuff. sucks
Sarzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have 19 x 1 hour free periods, but 5 of those are the 4.15-5.15 slots which I finish my lessons before anyway, so technically it's 14
chriswotton
Report 13 years ago
I have 15 free periods a fortnight of 50 minutes each, which works out that I'm off timetable a quarter of the time. Thankfully none of these are at the start of the day because, unlike all your sensible schools, mine insists that we go in at 8.35 every morning for registration, regardless of whether we've got lessons. So you could end up having nothing until last period (2.40pm) but being in all day anyway! Plus, we can only leave after lunch. I've got 3 days when I can leave early - one at 2.40pm and two at 1.45pm.

BUT we have to spend all of our morning frees studing in the private study room. Eugh!

And to make things worse, we have to do compulsory general studies (AS spread over 2 years), compulsory PE (no exam), compulsory games (no exam) and compulsory philosophy & ethics (no exam). When will these people let us live our lives and stop smothering us in cotton wool?!
purplerat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Saffie)
At AS: 8 free periods of 50 minutes each over 2 weeks. In ridiculous places, never at the end of the day and rarely at the beginning.

At A2: 14 free periods of 50 minutes each over 2 weeks. (2 lessons less of German but purely by mistake :s: and PE is no longer compulsory ) If I only did 3 A2's I'd have 25 free periods of 50 mins :eek: (that's basically what all my friends have!)

I do all 4 AS levels at A2
do you go to a school in caterham? I know someone who told me they got their german messed up and had 50 minutue free periods...
Niaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im doing 5As subjects and i only have one 2hour free period and one hour of that is now taken up with study support. to be honest i prefer not having any frees it means i start later/finish earlier
albowonderer
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i have 18/19 (not sure) free lessons over 2 weeks lastin a hour each (3 alone today) but we have to do all this extra stuff like an enrichment program and a stage 2 wordprocessing qualification......
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If I have 5, do I click 4-5 or 5-6 :confused:
Narsha
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
2 frees (1 hour 40 mins) a week!
Niaya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
how do people feel about frees like you know the ones in the inbetween lessongs i like not having them and having shorter days just wondered how the people who have lots of frees feel
Lidka
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Niaya)
how do people feel about frees like you know the ones in the inbetween lessongs i like not having them and having shorter days just wondered how the people who have lots of frees feel
I like my frees, 'cause it means I can a) sleep in two days a week, and b) do my homework in them which frees up my non-school time. The ones in between lessons i.e. not at the beginning or the end of the day can be a bit of a pain, but it tends to mean more time to catch up with friends or teachers, or to prepare myself for the coming lesson.
Niaya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lidia)
I like my frees, 'cause it means I can a) sleep in two days a week, and b) do my homework in them which frees up my non-school time. The ones in between lessons i.e. not at the beginning or the end of the day can be a bit of a pain, but it tends to mean more time to catch up with friends or teachers, or to prepare myself for the coming lesson.
yer i like the being able to sleep in but lots of my friends who do 9:15 - 5:15 with a 2 hr free would rather do 9:15- 3:15 without the fee or go in to hours later
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (863)
80.28%
Leave (212)
19.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise