The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Has anyone heard anything from manchester since accepting accomodation/offers?

Right i hope it's not just me, but i wanted to check because i'm a little concerned about the lack of communication from manchester.

has anyone received any information at all about September, since accepting my offer on ucas i get nothing from manc except these stupid emails. no confirmation in the post or anything of my offer to study there.

my accomodation offer came through in email and i made pre-payment and set up a direct debit, but again no confirmation of anything. nothing about freshers, nothing about paying fees.

please please tell me that everyone else is in the same boat, just wanted to be sure :p:
Nope de nada
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I keep wondering when the law department is going to send out the summer reading list and so on, coz if they wait for results it will be too late!
Reply 3
is there actually a summer reading list?
Reply 4
hardy_4_paws
I keep wondering when the law department is going to send out the summer reading list and so on, coz if they wait for results it will be too late!

Same here, I've been reading my last years law texts but because I'm going to be studying criminology too this time I really want to get started with the reading :s-smilie:
Well I think so, I asked and they said we'd hear in the summer....

Meow7, did you do Law at a different uni then? What made you change and add criminology?

And What accomodation are you both in? I haven't heard yet :frown: not till results come out but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Sheavyn, and for getting in of course!
Reply 6
hardy_4_paws
Well I think so, I asked and they said we'd hear in the summer....

Meow7, did you do Law at a different uni then? What made you change and add criminology?

And What accomodation are you both in? I haven't heard yet :frown: not till results come out but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Sheavyn, and for getting in of course!

Yeah I did a straight Law LLB in Lancaster in 2008, but the place was absolutely not for me. It was way too quiet, far away from home and isolated. Plus the course was not particularly well taught, and halfway through the year I realised I had a very strong interest in Criminology too.

So I applied again to Manchester (my favourite city btw :biggrin:) to do Law, which I love, but with Criminology too.

I applied for the places in my signature but got put in Victoria Hall:confused: That's irrelevant anyway at this stage because I couldn't afford the deposit, so I'm having to sort things out now :rolleyes: Never mind, I'm still going to be there!
This may be me being really stupid but I can't see your signiture! Hope it all works out for you though and maybe I shall see you in September, depending on grades obvs :P
Reply 8
I received a newsletter, but that might be cos i'm deferred?
What halls did you get?
Dyu reckon owen's park/oak house will be way to crazy to do well studying law?
Reply 9
Well, I lost my place in Victoria Hall because I couldn't afford the £200. Just emailed them and they said they can offer me Hulme Hall or Owens Park. So I'm going with Owens Park, not ensuite but it's in Fallowfield and looks lively (!) so I'm pretty happy.

Anyone know if there is a thread for OP offers? Can't find it if there is.
@Anix, I'm studying law too, there's always the library x
Reply 10
anix
I received a newsletter, but that might be cos i'm deferred?
What halls did you get?
Dyu reckon owen's park/oak house will be way to crazy to do well studying law?

i'm in oak house so i hope not.
Reply 11
no i havent guys! Anyone for a chemistry BSC course?anyone from Cyprus/greece???is there anybody who will be staying at Lambert and fairfield in Manchester?
Reply 12
My UCAS status has just changed, confirming my place on the course at Manchester. Your's should change soon.

Latest

Trending

Trending