I'm back to the cold, rainy weather of england! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi everyone, hope you had a great X-mas and a happy new year. Came back to the horrible, typical rain of england-fun.
xAngelx
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Hi everyone, hope you had a great X-mas and a happy new year. Came back to the horrible, typical rain of england-fun.

why where did you go?
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by xAngelx)
why where did you go?
Saudi Arabia and Dubai-pretty hot compared to this weather.
xAngelx
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Saudi Arabia and Dubai-pretty hot compared to this weather.
i think its been pretty darn warm this winter especially for britain
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Saudi Arabia and Dubai
Dubai looks really nice, they have 7* hotels there don't they? Did you see that hotel that's built on sand, it's quite a weird looking one - it looks a bit like a sail of a wind-surfer.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
Dubai looks really nice, they have 7* hotels there don't they? Did you see that hotel that's built on sand, it's quite a weird looking one - it looks a bit like a sail of a wind-surfer.
Yeah, that's the 7-star hotel which is on a bridge over the sea. It has all these mercedes and BMW cars around it. There's a hotel near it which is pretty amazing too, especially at night. We took a little tour around in a little buggy too, even though technically we wouldn't be allowed to. Btw, if anyone goes to Dubai, they HAVE to go on the desert safari!
tititata
Report 16 years ago
anyone in london!? how terrible the weather is today!! :mad:
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
f*cking **** in bristol, full on storm when i left this morning
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its pouring down here and I have to send some parcels to the post office.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They have practically no road laws in Dubai/Saudi Arabia. I've seen somre really nice cars on TV when they've done pieces there, and they drive down the road on 2 wheels. They also meet up a lot in the desert and practise their driving skills. I have to live there, it seems a nice place and the pay isn't bad at all.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
f*cking **** in bristol, full on storm when i left this morning
I got soaked walking to work, and my trousers are still wet and they smell mouldy I wish i stayed in bed.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
They have practically no road laws in Dubai/Saudi Arabia. I've seen somre really nice cars on TV when they've done pieces there, and they drive down the road on 2 wheels. They also meet up a lot in the desert and practise their driving skills. I have to live there, it seems a nice place and the pay isn't bad at all.
Saudi Arabia is the king of road ragers, and in Dubai, they just ignore any speed limits. We saw a guy on a scooter wearing a balaclava, and with his feet off the pedals; real; dangerous!
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Saudi Arabia is the king of road ragers, and in Dubai, they just ignore any speed limits. We saw a guy on a scooter wearing a balaclava, and with his feet off the pedals; real; dangerous!
How is that dangerous, if he was on a scooter. You only need your hands to ride it and don't use your feet.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
Did you go up the sand dunes and stuff? That was amazing, probably better than a rollercoaster. My little brother absolutley loved it, cauing the driver to show off a bit, and then ended up getting stuck between 2 sand dunes. 2 other drivers came to help, and the tow rope broke 3 times. And then some locals came, and we were out in no time!
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Apparently the pay is sooo good/and the jobs so easy that you can just like skive laods of work to play computer games at the local games arcade. My kind of life.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
How is that dangerous, if he was on a scooter. You only need your hands to ride it and don't use your feet.
Nah, he was riding pretty dangerously too.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Did you go up the sand dunes and stuff? That was amazing, probably better than a rollercoaster. My little brother absolutley loved it, cauing the driver to show off a bit, and then ended up getting stuck between 2 sand dunes. 2 other drivers came to help, and the tow rope broke 3 times. And then some locals came, and we were out in no time!
I haven't actually been there, i've only seen pieces on the TV on holiday and motoring programmes

I have been on a ride on a jeep in a diferent desert before, it was bumpy and you could quite easily hit your head on the roof.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
I haven't actually been there, i've only seen pieces on the TV on holiday and motoring programmes

I have been on a ride on a jeep in a diferent desert before, it was bumpy and you could quite easily hit your head on the roof.
We had seatbelts and it was pretty bumpy!
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No seatbelts for us, it was a long wheelbase defender with some benches in the back and a little canopy to shield us from the sun. Very bumpy, and got quite dirty as well, but it was all good fun.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads