The Student Room Group

LSE Msc Accounting, Organisation and Institutions worth it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Don't you think that (for a German) a masters in Finance from St. Gallen is better than a 50%-useless degree from LSE? Does the LSE brand really overcompensate that much?
Reply 21
Silvano8
Don't you think that (for a German) a masters in Finance from St. Gallen is better than a 50%-useless degree from LSE? Does the LSE brand really overcompensate that much?

Probably for Trading, but LSE still has far higher success rates than any other institution for London IB.
Peter J
Hi guys,

quick question.

How would you rank the above mentioned course?

I would love to live in London and also to go to LSE. Nevertheless the course seems pretty irelevant when it comes to work in the financial sector. Does the LSE brand carry enough weight to offset that? (If I have relevant experience on my CV based on internships during my undergrad)

Otherwise:

I have the opportunity to go to Bocconi for the Msc in Finance, Durham for the Msc in Finance or St Gallen.

Nevertheless, St Gallen would require 8 extra courses which I am not willing to take. Furthermore it is two years which I do not really like.

The two years also scare me regarding the Bocconi offer.

Durham seems okish but I cannot say whether the Durham Msc Finance is really better than the above mentioned course (especially if this one is tajeb in combination with CFA Lvl 1?)

thanks.

OMG OMG go to LSE. I will be very disappointed in you if you don't :biggrin:

Why did you apply for the course if you weren't sure it was right for you?
Reply 23
2nd choice. first on reserve list. I applied to late.
btw St. Gallen and LSE accounting& Fin, it's legit debate which to choose, especially if one is fluent in German because St.Gallen aka the "Harvard of German speaking countries" has a top notch employability factor as well.
Reply 25
Hey guys,

which one would you choose if you had offers from both:

- MSc in Finance and Investments at Rotterdam School of Management
- MSc in Accounting, Organisations and Institutions at LSE

My goal is to end up in IB in London. I am worried that RSM brand name is not good enough and at the same time I am worried that banks might wonder why I didn't study Finance at LSE. (In case you are wondering: I have a 600 GMAT which won't get me into Acc&Fin or Finance at LSE + no time to retake it due to work)

I have a Big4 Corporate Finance internshipt and one IBD internship at a BB on my CV. Do you think my chances would increase for IB in London if I could add LSE to my CV? even though its not MSc Finance or Acc & Fin ?

Please help!
Reply 26
push
Original post by jefffray
Hey guys,

which one would you choose if you had offers from both:

- MSc in Finance and Investments at Rotterdam School of Management
- MSc in Accounting, Organisations and Institutions at LSE

My goal is to end up in IB in London. I am worried that RSM brand name is not good enough and at the same time I am worried that banks might wonder why I didn't study Finance at LSE. (In case you are wondering: I have a 600 GMAT which won't get me into Acc&Fin or Finance at LSE + no time to retake it due to work)

I have a Big4 Corporate Finance internshipt and one IBD internship at a BB on my CV. Do you think my chances would increase for IB in London if I could add LSE to my CV? even though its not MSc Finance or Acc & Fin ?

Please help!

Hi, got the same profile and applied to the same universities. Just wanted to know what did you end up choosing?
Original post by kanikadutt7
Hi, got the same profile and applied to the same universities. Just wanted to know what did you end up choosing?

Hello which one did you accept? I got an offer for F&I at RSM so maybe we would be classmates (its my secure program tho)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending