The Student Room Group

Howdo i make a first move on a relative stranger?

Hey guys. As a gay guy just coming out, I started college today. I can tell people if I need to but havent made a big deal about broadcasting it... Only one problem...

Earlier I sat down in the common room with one of my girly friends near this group of people from another school. I looked around, glancing slowly... And then I saw this guy in the middle of them. Phwoar. So I looked again. And he noticed. 'Oh ****' I thought. So I looked away and I coulda swore he was looking at me... It was a case of me looking at him when he was looking somewhere else and vice versa... I think... Anyways, hes blonde and hot and I've never spoken to him. I've never dated guys before. Only dated two girls before realising that I was gay...

The problem is - We've been sorted into forms and well i'm not in his form. And I doubt he'll be in my lessons.

Any tips for starting talking to him? And asking him out on a date? I cant bear the thought of asking him out and then him saying hes straight and telling all his friends about me... That would be so embarassing. Any ideas guys (or girls)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can't you find out who his friends are then ask them if he's gay? Or get one of your girly friends to flirt with him and see what he does.

I'm starting college tommorrow - eep! Hope I see some hotties as well :biggrin:
Reply 2
Hmmm... His friends were mainly girls... Or I think they were his friends - maybe they just went to the same college. Does that mean anything? I have to admit about half of my friends are girls...

And my girly friend has a boyfriend and I dont think shed do that...

?? HELP!
Reply 3
Any other ideas? PLEASE!
you need to make friends with this dude. Get to know him. Find out if he's in any societies at college etc. Then you'll get talking and his sexuality will be easier to suss out. Give it time, and I would say don't go for asking him out before you've got to know him better.

good luck! :smile:
Reply 5
OK then... Just need to find some way of making friends with him now... Hardly the outgoing type me.
do you know anyone in his friendship group? work your way towards him! if you can go out with a group of people including him, it might give u a chance to chat!
Reply 7
Sounds good. May take a while though...
yeah, but it might be worth it! and even if you jsut become mates, thats a good thing too. you might even make other friends along the way
great thread title
rock_eleven
great thread title

great post :rolleyes:
Reply 11
You're all so sarcastic though. I think I'd be a bit disappointed if I went to all that effort and then we just end up friends. Friends are cool but I need a boyfriend - Never had one before and getting desperate! :redface:
Reply 12
You don't want to appear desperate though! Maybe like people have said, try and find some way of working your way into his friendship group! It might take time but it'll be worth it, and like you say, you only saw him on the first day! He's probably thinking exactle the same as you are! Is there no big social even coming up? Someones birthday? A big welcome party? If not you might have to wait til Halloween or something, where there is bound to be some party! Good Luck!
Reply 13
Chill man, I know it's going to sound patronising, but you're 16. There really is no need to be so desperate! Time is on your side mate

Start worrying if you're 25 and still in that situation..
Reply 14
Thanks guys. Like you said it may take a while... But i can wait. Waited 16 years for gods sake...
Reply 15
Enfalas
Hey guys. As a gay guy just coming out, I started college today. I can tell people if I need to but havent made a big deal about broadcasting it... Only one problem...

Earlier I sat down in the common room with one of my girly friends near this group of people from another school. I looked around, glancing slowly... And then I saw this guy in the middle of them. Phwoar. So I looked again. And he noticed. 'Oh ****' I thought. So I looked away and I coulda swore he was looking at me... It was a case of me looking at him when he was looking somewhere else and vice versa... I think... Anyways, hes blonde and hot and I've never spoken to him. I've never dated guys before. Only dated two girls before realising that I was gay...

The problem is - We've been sorted into forms and well i'm not in his form. And I doubt he'll be in my lessons.

Any tips for starting talking to him? And asking him out on a date? I cant bear the thought of asking him out and then him saying hes straight and telling all his friends about me... That would be so embarassing. Any ideas guys (or girls)?

I'd find out if he was gay first. DON'T, whatever you do, make a point of looking at him a lot, because it's always so noticeable when people look at others lustfully.

I learned recently that a girl in my year used to think i looked at her boyfriend, which actually was a load of crap, but for some reason she was paranoid as hell.
Reply 16
How do I find out if hes gay?
Reply 17
Please? Help needed... How do I tell...
Reply 18
Get someone [a friend] with contacts in his circle of friends to find out.

He might not even be openly gay even if he is, so if thats the case, you'll just have to see how things develop.

Nothing is ever easy when it comes to finding out if someone is gay or not. Pisses me off no end.
Reply 19
Me too... Especially when I end up going after the wrong ones...

Latest

Trending

Trending