Studentroom.net Watch

This discussion is closed.
m:)ckel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't worry, erk. It will be back online soon.

Hurrah!
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
Don't worry, erk. It will be back online soon.

Hurrah!
Woo. Yay.

:woo:. :yay:.
R TSR(US)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes, it'll be back online but only when its complete - not when someone snoops the URL and then hands it out .
Xanthe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Any idea when it'll be up and running?
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bilal)
You aren't Moncal, are you? ^o)
I doubt A would trust me enough to be an administrator (not that I didn't volunteer when I proposed the idea 6+ months ago).
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by R TSR(US))
Yes, it'll be back online but only when its complete - not when someone snoops the URL and then hands it out .
I'd be more than glad to help with anything if you need it.
R TSR(US)
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xanthe)
Any idea when it'll be up and running?
At the very latest it'll be up and running by October - as I'll be back to university by then, but I really doubt that I'll need all that time - the most time consuming thing is getting the guides and FAQs written, which has already begun, but I do have other things to do in the same period as well. We'll let you know when it is ready though.

Thanks for the offer of help Moncal , but for now I think we're fine, when the forum gets busier then we will probably look for some moderators but how and when we'll select them is way too early to think about at the moment. The only help we really need will be to get the forum started with posts so that new users begin appearing (which is the reason why the guides and FAQs will be important - they'll begin to draw in users via search engine).
Gwen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The Student Room Canada! Seriously, there's a lack of proper student/academic forums. There's only one established one I can think of - seems nice at first, but poor modding and filled with some :s: people.
R TSR(US)
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Gwen)
The Student Room Canada! Seriously, there's a lack of proper student/academic forums. There's only one established one I can think of - seems nice at first, but poor modding and filled with some :s: people.
After a suggestion from an Siarach we realised that we could quite feasibly include a Canadian section in our new TSR (US) forums . The American-Canadian student exchange seems to be the most popular in both countries.
username21537
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can you also take the english unis that arnt very good, say London met etc...?
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MR_JR)
Can you also take the english unis that arnt very good, say London met etc...?
:eek: watch out, someone is going to neg rep you for that
username21537
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
:eek: watch out, someone is going to neg rep you for that
o noes!!!
*is scared:ninja:*
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
I miss TSR.net. It was my favourite site, for a while.
Snake
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
In the same way that Americans (or at least the one's I've seen) act on here, i.e. if you add to the discussions and are not just there to chat then yes there's no problem. I'm just wary that it'll become a TSR (UK) chat room before its even finished.
So who exactly are you? another employee in the same company as A? complete random who has taken the job upon himself? Our very own Rich?

It will help serve as a test bed for new hacks and 3.5 at first (especially with the much smaller server loads helping).

if it is made in a similar way to TSR UK then there should be no reason why people can't chat ina discrete section there. just turn off post counts in one chat section and you're sorted.

And also ask Pig for a list of all dazya's IPs so you can purge him from the start....
else you'll have ladies complaining of sexual harrassment from a randy emmeber within weeks...
R TSR(US)
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Snake)
So who exactly are you? another employee in the same company as A? complete random who has taken the job upon himself? Our very own Rich?

It will help serve as a test bed for new hacks and 3.5 at first (especially with the much smaller server loads helping).

if it is made in a similar way to TSR UK then there should be no reason why people can't chat ina discrete section there. just turn off post counts in one chat section and you're sorted.

And also ask Pig for a list of all dazya's IPs so you can purge him from the start....
else you'll have ladies complaining of sexual harrassment from a randy emmeber within weeks...
I'm not a moderator here and I'm not A I don't think it really matters who I am.

Yeah there will probably a post-count-free chat forum eventually but if the place is full of TSR (UK) chat at the beginning it'll deter new members .

And that's already been done.
TheVlad
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not a moderator here and I'm not A I don't think it really matters who I am.

Yeah there will probably a post-count-free chat forum eventually but if the place is full of TSR (UK) chat at the beginning it'll deter new members .

And that's already been done.
So why does it say 'Ask me!' for your name and where you study on your profile? You have to tell us now.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
At the very latest it'll be up and running by October - as I'll be back to university by then, but I really doubt that I'll need all that time - the most time consuming thing is getting the guides and FAQs written, which has already begun, but I do have other things to do in the same period as well. We'll let you know when it is ready though.

Thanks for the offer of help Moncal , but for now I think we're fine, when the forum gets busier then we will probably look for some moderators but how and when we'll select them is way too early to think about at the moment. The only help we really need will be to get the forum started with posts so that new users begin appearing (which is the reason why the guides and FAQs will be important - they'll begin to draw in users via search engine).
I'm sure they'll be coming out of the woodworks as soon as it is open because at current there isn't a good American student forum.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Also, why isn't it going to be using the .com domain? .com is the most common domain extension that americans use. In fact some people don't realize that there are others.
Johnny 5
Report 13 years ago
because at current there isn't a good American student forum.
Because the Americans probably know how to have fun and get laid. Unlike us, see?
Johnny 5
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Moncal)
Also, why isn't it going to be using the .com domain? .com is the most common domain extension that americans use. In fact some people don't realize that there are others.
Because we have that one. It's ours. We're keeping it. Ha.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
19.94%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (134)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.58%

Watched Threads