Turn on thread page Beta

Studentroom.net watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Because we have that one. It's ours. We're keeping it. Ha.
    Not really, it's just a simple redirect.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, this board has been taken offline for now, it was not meant to go live so quickly but unfortunately it was discovered before it was completed.

haha, that was funny, it made me giggle.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried the alternate style for TSR.net?

It's called "Silver Simplicity" and quite simply it's terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd)

yeah i tried it and hated it also

ReputationRep:
    i hope the funky room is useable on tsr US

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd)

My thoughts exactly. I hope R isn't expecting Americans to like it...

I just really don't get why they haven't found an American to run an American forum. It makes no sense for someone who has never experienced the American education system to run a forum where hopefully that will be the main topic.

ReputationRep:
    Not if i go back :evil:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Not if i go back :evil:
    Hence the the "hopefully"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    I just really don't get why they haven't found an American to run an American forum. It makes no sense for someone who has never experienced the American education system to run a forum where hopefully that will be the main topic.
    I dont think it matters if its run by an american, a brit or an aztec as the information/advice will be provided by the users as is the case with TSR and College Confidential. The Admin on TSR hardly have a major role to play in the discussion etc of the british educational system and i dont expect it to be any different on this american equivalent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    Hence the the "hopefully"
    But my spamming will attract spiders. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    I dont think it matters if its run by an american, a brit or an aztec as the information/advice will be provided by the users as is the case with TSR and College Confidential. The Admin on TSR hardly have a major role to play in the discussion etc of the british educational system and i dont expect it to be any different on this american equivalent.
    Have you ever started a forum? I have and I can tell you that up until a certain point it is the admin and moderators that carry a forum. You can't just set up a forum and expect it to become an resource for your target audience. You have to get content and you have to gain a reputation and you can't do that if you don't know what you are talking about. A brand new forum isn't self-sustaining. It takes months, maybe even years, of the admin's time to build up the community to a self-sustaining level.

But in theory the Americans from this forum are going to help build up the new one. What I want to see is the 5 or 6 prominent americans from this TSR take on all the spammers that are going to cross over as well. That should be a very successful venture. 6 agains potentially hundreds.

ReputationRep:
    Silver Simplicity is a skin that comes bundled with vB3.5, its not one that we made ourselves and I certainly don't like it either.

Regarding my not being American - you don't actually have to be born in the US to experience their education system and I'm not the only one who'll be working on the forum, though it may seem like that at the moment, there's a strong team behind this and we even have some college tutors willing to do an "Ask the proffessor" section .

Also regarding the crossing over of spammers, in no way are both forums completely seperate, we've imported the IP blocks on DazYa and banned him and if members on either forum cause trouble then they're liable to being banned at both, which should serve as sufficient warning for spammers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R TSR(US))
    we even have some college tutors willing to do an "Ask the proffessor" section .
    Just make sure that you spell it correctly in the real version.

MB

ReputationRep:
    hehe.

ReputationRep:
    I wanna check my PM's.

ReputationRep:
    R, is the funky room gonna be available? Cause it kicks rectum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R TSR(US))
    Regarding my not being American - you don't actually have to be born in the US to experience their education system and I'm not the only one who'll be working on the forum, though it may seem like that at the moment, there's a strong team behind this and we even have some college tutors willing to do an "Ask the proffessor" section .
    It has nothing to do with not being born in the US. When asked if you were American you said no but that you knew a lot about the system and knew some experts. Now if you had "experienced their education system" wouldn't you have said so?

ReputationRep:
    jeez, chillax man.

I had you down as a mod-lover :confused:

no offence :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif)
    jeez, chillax man.

I had you down as a mod-lover :confused:

no offence :cool:
    I'm sorry, it's just that I'm a little dissapointed in the way this is going/going to go after practically begging for it for over a year.

ReputationRep:
    I never had moncal down as a mod-lover :confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2005
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.