Turn on thread page Beta

if i'm sri lankan do i join the american one,stick with this one or start my own one?
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    if i'm sri lankan do i join the american one,stick with this one or start my own one?
    :rolleyes:
    Join both!!
    I haven't joined yet as I know I would spend far too much time on the net and not get any work done.

same goes for me which means i can only stick to one *frets*
    btw,why arn't you Chelseababe anymore?:s:

ReputationRep:
    same goes for me which means i can only stick to one *frets*
    btw,why arn't you Chelseababe anymore?:s:
    Cos I went back to my name.

ReputationRep:
    A R, will there be an administrator in an American timezone? And why won't it be using the .com domain name?

ReputationRep:
    On a smaller note, can the names of the subject sections be changed to: Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Business, Law, Pre-med/Med, and Engineering?

(Original post by Moncal)
    A R, will there be an administrator in an American timezone? And why won't it be using the .com domain name?
    Because if anyone should have it, it should be us, because we were here first!

/juvenile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Because if anyone should have it, it should be us, because we were here first!

/juvenile
    There is more demand in the US and the question hasn't ever been addressed to anyone but R.

ReputationRep:
    Moncal for Admin!

ReputationRep:
    Moncal for god!

God for admin!

ReputationRep:
    A for R.....

o.O oh wait...

ReputationRep:
    There's an American page? but i prefer the UK!! it so AWESOME!!

ReputationRep:
    perhaps you could use both domain names and then code using ip-to-country database to divert the user to relevant site - at least to start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfboy)
    perhaps you could use both domain names and then code using ip-to-country database to divert the user to relevant site - at least to start?
    That wouldn't work because some people would want to visit both and there are a whole bunch of countries who still wouldn't be represented by either.

(Original post by Moncal)
    That wouldn't work because some people would want to visit both and there are a whole bunch of countries who still wouldn't be represented by either.
    thats true.
    i'm not sure i approve of splitting up though,why can't we have a sub-forum for US here?

ReputationRep:
    thats true.
    i'm not sure i approve of splitting up though,why can't we have a sub-forum for US here?
    To have a sub forum just for the US in itself isn't feasible. Think of all the sub forums the US sub forum would have??

Well, make the .com page direct to a page that links to both boards. Is it really that important?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    To have a sub forum just for the US in itself isn't feasible. Think of all the sub forums the US sub forum would have??
    There could be a category for it. And that I believe, would initially be more successful than starting a new forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Well, make the .com page direct to a page that links to both boards. Is it really that important?
    Of course, and it makes a lot more sense.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2005
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.