Report Thread starter 16 years ago
ya
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have an XBOX

I only have Project Gotham Racing 2 and Halo at the moment. I intend to get the GTA double pack in the next few days. Which games do yuo have?
daz3000
Badges: 0
i said but gt 3
gta 3
soul reaver 2 and
bodika 2

i hope to get new games after getting mem card fixed or getting a new one
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What about splinter cell? That's supposed to be good, and GT4 should be out sometime this year.
daz3000
trying to get splinter sell always sold out
completed it on xbox
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You have an XBOX as well?
You can buy Splinter Cell online, i have some good places to try if you're interested.....
daz3000
borowed my mates xbox completed it then
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So what do you prfer XBOX or PS2, from yuor brief experience witrh an XBOX.
daz3000
xbox for graphics and they last longer
but ps2 for games and 8/10 game play
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The games are pretty much becoming all the same now, there are no longer exclusive titles as such - they are now multi-format and you may as well buy the console with the best graphics and speed.

examples of exclusive titles becoming multi-format are: Splinter cell, crazy taxi, GTA, metal gear solid (now on XBOX) and a some others as well.
daz3000
ya i was going to bye an xbox but my mum would not let as i've got about 6 already
daz3000
got to go see ya
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by daz3000)
got to go see ya
bye
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
The games are pretty much becoming all the same now, there are no longer exclusive titles as such - they are now multi-format and you may as well buy the console with the best graphics and speed.

examples of exclusive titles becoming multi-format are: Splinter cell, crazy taxi, GTA, metal gear solid (now on XBOX) and a some others as well.
There are many exclusive titles. FFX, Gran Turismo etc., and they are among the best games ever.
And the gamecube has alot of exclusives too, but they are all mario and zelda and stuff.
Xbox may have the best stats, but the PS2 is the best console, because of its hundreds of games, hundreds of PS1 games (which there are still many of which are well worth buying and playing).
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not denying there aren't exlusive titles because there are. I'm just commenting that the gaming market has changed from exclusive titles towards a more multi-format market than 5-7 years ago. When i had my Mega drive and my friend had his Super nintendo there might have only been one or two games that we could both buy for our consoles : Street fighter and FIFA. Now the titles are almost identical on all the consoles and the only distinction is graphics and a few features.

I have a Playstation and dreamcast i freely admit that some of the games are actually better quality than the ones currently available.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I'm not denying there aren't exlusive titles because there are. I'm just commenting that the gaming market has changed from exclusive titles towards a more multi-format market than 5-7 years ago. When i had my Mega drive and my friend had his Super nintendo there might have only been one or two games that we could both buy for our consoles : Street fihter and FIFA. Now the titles are almost identical on all the consoles and the only distinction is graphics and a few features.
Well yeah. But there are still many exclusive titles, and some of these tend to be the games that'll be called all time classics.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Well yeah. But there are still many exclusive titles, and some of these tend to be the games that'll be called all time classics.
Those exclusive titles will eventually appear on other formats. All this multi-format games really just paves the way towards a single format console.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Those exclusive titles will eventually appear on other formats. All this multi-format games really just paves the way towards a single format console.
Gran Turismo will not ever be released on any other console.
But final fantasy games are heading for different format consoling.
But the games for the Gamecube and PS2 look like they'll be different, mainly because of the capacity of the Gamecubes disc.
Halo will always be an Xbox exclusive, and Mario and Zelda will always be nintendo exclusive.

There wont ever be a single console, because there is such a large market, and sony, microsoft and nintendo could never come to an agreement where they are all happy with a single console.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Gran Turismo will not ever be released on any other console.
But final fantasy games are heading for different format consoling.
But the games for the Gamecube and PS2 look like they'll be different, mainly because of the capacity of the Gamecubes disc.
Halo will always be an Xbox exclusive, and Mario and Zelda will always be nintendo exclusive.

There wont ever be a single console, because there is such a large market, and sony, microsoft and nintendo could never come to an agreement where they are all happy with a single console.
Halo is available on the PC.
It's quite possible there will be a single format console with all the developers contributing. The Gamecube does have slightly diferent games to other consoles but that's because they have Nintendo developing for them. If there was a single format it'd be feasible that nintendo were to be in on it and they'd produce the same games on a single-format. Anyway, only time will tell if a single format emerges, but looking at the games on the shelves of game shops and seeing the similarities - things seem to be heading that way.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
26.67%
No (18)
60%
Don't know (4)
13.33%

Watched Threads