This discussion is closed.
Tina
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
if you can prove the Kilroy case then you can certainly prove the BNP case and probably even get me. Abu Mazen is the most blatant offender of this law, and the Home Office has personally intervened to prevent him from being deported because of personal security related issues. unfortunately, for Mr. Kilroy and others who share his milder views, they would never dare threaten the death or violence of the Islamic fundamentalists currently residing in London and thus are not exempt from the law of the land.
oh typical vienna! youre the first to attack abu mazen but think of kilroy and the bnp (and urself!) as mild! theyre all the same (apart from u...that was a joke) and all inciting racial hatred the problem is what do we do with people like them
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its not an interesting point, its one noone takes seriously because its not inciting racial hatred. its typical that Clare Short be the one to bring it up. he stated some truths or his opinion on some circumstances. the comments were taken out of context and reports like that of the BBC do not help. his comments were controversial and stupid from his point of view, but the reaction has been ridiculous.

were Kilroy to be prosecuted, I would be one of the many people to question the double standards of this seemingly pro-Muslim law, where Abu Mazen and the Finsbury Park Mosque go on openly spreading hatred while columnists with strong opinions are getting punished.
"pro-muslim laws????? what when muslims are accused of being terrorists...targeted, victims of racial abuse by people liek mr.kilroy?" get real.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if you can prove the Kilroy case then you can certainly prove the BNP case and probably even get me. Abu Mazen is the most blatant offender of this law, and the Home Office has personally intervened to prevent him from being deported because of personal security related issues. unfortunately, for Mr. Kilroy and others who share his milder views, they would never dare threaten the death or violence of the Islamic fundamentalists currently residing in London and thus are not exempt from the law of the land.
I've already stated that I don't think Kilroy should be prosecuted for his opinions. I do hold a strong belief in the power of free speech.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
well we shouldnt
Outlawing them wouldn't get rid of them, it would make the situation much worse.
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
...well thats humans for you!

We will have this until we are all dead.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
oh typical vienna! youre the first to attack abu mazen but think of kilroy and the bnp (and urself!) as mild! theyre all the same (apart from u...that was a joke) and all inciting racial hatred the problem is what do we do with people like them
so you will be able to tell me that there is no difference between,

"celebrating the death of thousands of innocent people, threatening to repeat a similar attack, vowing to murder anyone who stands in the way of Islam"

and

"Arab states are populated with people who oppress women and cut peoples limbs off as punishment."
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
well we shouldnt
the BNP is a legal and recognised political party.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
"pro-muslim laws????? what when muslims are accused of being terrorists...targeted, victims of racial abuse by people liek mr.kilroy?" get real.
- so muslims did not commit the terrorist attacks on 9/11?
- anti-Semitism is much higher in Europe
- Abu Hamza is still walking free

Mr.Kilroy said that ARAB STATES were POPULATED by suicide bombers and women oppressors...that is not the truth..?
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Vienna has made some good points in this thread. It would be nice to see some good points coming from the other side of the arguement but that is obviously not possible.

In fact the best you could say is that Killroy is some sort of 'scumbag racist' to which we must all agree otherwise we are too racists.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
Vienna has made some good points in this thread. It would be nice to see some good points coming from the other side of the arguement but that is obviously not possible.

In fact the best you could say is that Killroy is some sort of 'scumbag racist' to which we must all agree otherwise we are too racists.
no, you could say politically say that you have no opinion either way and the kilroy is allowed his opinion.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Great contribution xthup. Cheers.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
seconded.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
seconded.
Hmmmmmmm
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Pardon my ignorance but what is xthup?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Pardon my ignorance but what is xthup?
i have no idea, sorry.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It means 'thumbs up'. I was being sarcastic, I think just coming into a thread after a 10 page debate and deciding that one side was providing good arguments and the other was spouting bull**** wasn't the best contribution you could have made. I thought that despite her own views Vienna respected that some people were making a decent if different case. It appears I may have been incorrect with my assumption though.
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was making the point that its easy to be on the 'oh yeah that guy's a racist - not me though' side as opposed to the side which defends the accused when it comes to matters like this.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It means 'thumbs up'. I was being sarcastic, I think just coming into a thread after a 10 page debate and deciding that one side was providing good arguments and the other was spouting bull**** wasn't the best contribution you could have made. I thought that despite her own views Vienna respected that some people were making a decent if different case. It appears I may have been incorrect with my assumption though.
i respected you were making a different case. but bearing in mind my last three posts havent been answered, i dont know about decent.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i respected you were making a different case. but bearing in mind my last three posts havent been answered, i dont know about decent.
and vienna shoots him down in vienna like fashion.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I apologise, I was doing some economics coursework on German universities.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.47%
No- I want it (69)
28.05%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads