This discussion is closed.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
and vienna shoots him down in vienna like fashion.
Errr o.k.....
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You're last three posts were addressed to Tina and in favour of free speech, something which I agree with you on...
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
I apologise, I was doing some economics coursework on German universities.
i dont think there is any rule against having more than 2 participants in the debate...
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
i dont think there is any rule against having more than 2 participants in the debate...
Obviously, I thought that the case was decently put by quite a few people. As to why you're last three posts haven't been answered I can only comment on myself, my arguement (and the arguement of a couple of others) never claimed that Kilroy shouldn't be afforded freedom of speech. Tina is arguing a different case and as to why she hasn't replied, hmmm well it's half 2 in the morning here so that might have something to do with it...
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
I was making the point that its easy to be on the 'oh yeah that guy's a racist - not me though' side as opposed to the side which defends the accused when it comes to matters like this.
Right.....
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
- so muslims did not commit the terrorist attacks on 9/11?
- anti-Semitism is much higher in Europe
- Abu Mazen is still walking free

Mr.Kilroy said that ARAB STATES were POPULATED by suicide bombers and women oppressors...that is not the truth..?
no muslims DID NOT carry out 9/11.....islam prohibits suicide, taking of innocent lives.....these people obviously did not follow their religion......so i dont think most muslims would even consider these terrorists to be muslims

abu mazen is a different issue.....i dont believe he should get away with his actions, but neither should kilroy! nb there is a difference...kilroy = man watched by the general population on daytime TV, abu mazen = only listened to by his supporters.........and if abu mazern should be dealt with then so should the BNP....which effectively does the same as him!

for your information the word anti-semitisim is used for hatred of jews but it could technically also be used for hatred of arabs and jews...since they come from teh same roots which teh word anti-semitic was derived from!
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Obviously, I thought that the case was decently put by quite a few people. As to why you're last three posts haven't been answered I can only comment on myself, my arguement (and the arguement of a couple of others) never claimed that Kilroy shouldn't be afforded freedom of speech. Tina is arguing a different case and as to why she hasn't replied, hmmm well it's half 2 in the morning here so that might have something to do with it...
thanx kildare! yes i thought it more important to sleep than sit here and argue with vienna!
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the BNP is a legal and recognised political party.
oh the hypocrisy...we recognize a party which openly incites racial hatred against anyone who is not white....encourages violence etc etc but when it comes to abu mazen its a different case altogether

i think both of them should be dealt with...theyre both as evil as each other
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
no muslims DID NOT carry out 9/11.....islam prohibits suicide, taking of innocent lives.....these people obviously did not follow their religion......so i dont think most muslims would even consider these terrorists to be muslims

abu mazen is a different issue.....i dont believe he should get away with his actions, but neither should kilroy! nb there is a difference...kilroy = man watched by the general population on daytime TV, abu mazen = only listened to by his supporters.........and if abu mazern should be dealt with then so should the BNP....which effectively does the same as him!

for your information the word anti-semitisim is used for hatred of jews but it could technically also be used for hatred of arabs and jews...since they come from teh same roots which teh word anti-semitic was derived from!
muslims did carry out their 9/11, some christians argue the bible prohibits homosexuality. Others say that all is legal. kilroy, free speech in a newspaper - i take it it was an opinion not a statement of fact.

semtic is anyone from the middle east
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
muslims did carry out their 9/11, some christians argue the bible prohibits homosexuality. Others say that all is legal. kilroy, free speech in a newspaper - i take it it was an opinion not a statement of fact.

semtic is anyone from the middle east
MUSLIMS DID NOT CARRY OUT 9/11...EXTRIMISTS DID......THERE IS NO QUESTION OF INTERPREATATION ......THE QURAN CLEARLY STATES IT IS WRONG TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE AND TO KILL YOURSELF!
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)

You might not regard these people as Muslims but they do regard themselves as Muslims dont they. Ok not all Muslims support them, but some Muslims do dont they?

I dont believe everything in the bible and I dont follow it word for word but i still regard myself as a Christian. They might not fit your criteria of what a Muslim is but some Muslims do regard the extremists as Muslims.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
You might not regard these people as Muslims but they do regard themselves as Muslims dont they. Ok not all Muslims support them, but some Muslims do dont they?

I dont believe everything in the bible and I dont follow it word for word but i still regard myself as a Christian. They might not fit your criteria of what a Muslim is but some Muslims do regard the extremists as Muslims.
well they might call themselves muslims...but all im saying is that according to the religion itself they are not.....if someone regards themselves as british but tehy arent according to the law doesnt make them british does it?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
MUSLIMS DID NOT CARRY OUT 9/11...EXTRIMISTS DID......THERE IS NO QUESTION OF INTERPREATATION ......THE QURAN CLEARLY STATES IT IS WRONG TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE AND TO KILL YOURSELF!
muslims obviously did - extremist muslims.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
well they might call themselves muslims...but all im saying is that according to the religion itself they are not.....if someone regards themselves as british but tehy arent according to the law doesnt make them british does it?
so i might consider myself christian but if i abort babies then i cant be a catholic. There are different sects within the muslim community, like within the christian one. arguing over translations and interpretations. If someone regards themselves british then they are british, it is what you think of yourself as, especially if other people agree with you.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
muslims obviously did - extremist muslims.
like i said just because someone calls themselves muslims doesnt mean they are....according to the religions belief they are not muslims or they would not have carried out those terrible acts.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
so i might consider myself christian but if i abort babies then i cant be a catholic. There are different sects within the muslim community, like within the christian one. arguing over translations and interpretations. If someone regards themselves british then they are british, it is what you think of yourself as, especially if other people agree with you.
ohhh so someone in say australia.,...who has never been to britain may regard themselves as british just bcoz originally the british went over to australia...does that mean when they come over to britain they will be allowed to stay here and be a british citizen? i think not!

if i regard myself as being 4 years old does it make me 4 years old!
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)

also as to the fact that there are different sects.....no REAL muslim sect could argue its ok to take innocent lives when there is a clear instruction from the holy book which is the basis of the whole religion!
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
ohhh so someone in say australia.,...who has never been to britain may regard themselves as british just bcoz originally the british went over to australia...does that mean when they come over to britain they will be allowed to stay here and be a british citizen? i think not!

if i regard myself as being 4 years old does it make me 4 years old!
wtf, religion is different to citizenship becasue citizenship is decided by law, religion is decided by what you believe.

It makes your behaviour 4 years old if you truely regard yourself four years old and therefore you are, because if you act like one, then you are.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
wtf, religion is different to citizenship becasue citizenship is decided by law, religion is decided by what you believe.

It makes your behaviour 4 years old if you truely regard yourself four years old and therefore you are, because if you act like one, then you are.
no but it still does not make me 4 years old....i wont be able to do everythign other 4 yr olds do e.g. go to nursery

religion is also decided by religious law.....you cant just call yourself a muslim and then act completely opposite to the laws of ur religion
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
no but it still does not make me 4 years old....i wont be able to do everythign other 4 yr olds do e.g. go to nursery

religion is also decided by religious law.....you cant just call yourself a muslim and then act completely opposite to the laws of ur religion
so i am not a christian if i do not follow exactly the teachings of one particular church; catholic/seventh day adventists. You act liek 4 yrs old and therefore are in your own mind 4 years old (its like the universe does not exist before you are born adn has then existed for thousands of years). Things only exist that you are conscious of.

However, there are different interpretation of religious law, look at the 16th century reformation. Differetn sects within different religions have different rules,russian orthadox church, greek orhtadox church, catholic church etc.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads