This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
oh the hypocrisy...we recognize a party which openly incites racial hatred against anyone who is not white....encourages violence etc etc but when it comes to abu mazen its a different case altogether

i think both of them should be dealt with...theyre both as evil as each other
you obviously dont believe in a democratic society..
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
muslims obviously did - extremist muslims.
i think Tina is the only person in the world who doesnt accept this fact.

the attacks were committed by fanatics calling themselves Muslims in the name of Islam.
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
You might not regard these people as Muslims but they do regard themselves as Muslims dont they. Ok not all Muslims support them, but some Muslims do dont they?
Religion isn't relevent in this case, yes some muslims do support them but then again so do some christians/ jews/atheists etc.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pegasus)
Religion isn't relevent in this case, yes some muslims do support them but then again so do some christians/ jews/atheists etc.
however, they did what they did in the name of Islam as did saddam hussein
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
I wouldn't try to equate "Islamic" terrorists with Hussein, Hussein wanted nothing to with religion and went as far as to crack down ruthlessly on any religous movements in his country which went against his "secularist dream".
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
abu mazen is a different issue.....i dont believe he should get away with his actions, but neither should kilroy! nb there is a difference...kilroy = man watched by the general population on daytime TV, abu mazen = only listened to by his supporters.........and if abu mazern should be dealt with then so should the BNP....which effectively does the same as him!
i think its disgusting that you can level some contentious comments made my Mr.Kilroy-Silk with the foul and inhumane thoughts of a man who should not have the right to even be in this country.

the BNP is a legal political party. as nasty as some of their party members may be, their manifesto and party policies do not incite racial hatred.

for your information the word anti-semitisim is used for hatred of jews but it could technically also be used for hatred of arabs and jews...since they come from teh same roots which teh word anti-semitic was derived from!
semitic is used to refer to the ethnic group of Jewish descent and anti-semitism is seen as anti-Jewish hostility. it is a problem in the EU.
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
What difference would it have made if they had done it in the name of any other religion?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pegasus)
What difference would it have made if they had done it in the name of any other religion?
none, but they did it in the name or religion
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
a man who should not have the right to even be in this country.
He's a British citizen.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
none, but they did it in the name or religion
Saddam Hussein was about as religous as Marx.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Saddam Hussein was about as religous as Marx.
sunnis vs. Shias

although i would agree with that partially
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
He's a British citizen.
who should be revoked of his nationality under section 4 of the new nationality, immigration and asylum act.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
who should be revoked of his nationality under section 4 of the new nationality, immigration and asylum act.
Has this been approved yet, then? Blunkett gets scarier everyday.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Has this been approved yet, then? Blunkett gets scarier everyday.
Bllunkett is a dude, he appropriates every decent idea of the conservatives though
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
semitic is used to refer to the ethnic group of Jewish descent and anti-semitism is seen as anti-Jewish hostility. it is a problem in the EU.
I don't see how criticising Israel is anti-semitic.
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
He is assuming that every person in the Arab countries is the same being... a living entity called Mr Arab who doesn't contribute anything to the world. He is saying that every single Arab person hates western civilisation... which of course is completely wrong. Some Arabs love us, some don't... just as some Brits love Arabs and some don't (Mr Kilroy included) Every Arab should be allowed to hate the west, just as Mr Kilroy should be allowed to hate the Arab World... isn't that what freedom of speech is? The only crime I see is the police investigation that's underway.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
He is assuming that every person in the Arab countries is the same being... a living entity called Mr Arab who doesn't contribute anything to the world. He is saying that every single Arab person hates western civilisation... which of course is completely wrong. Some Arabs love us, some don't... just as some Brits love Arabs and some don't (Mr Kilroy included) Every Arab should be allowed to hate the west, just as Mr Kilroy should be allowed to hate the Arab World... isn't that what freedom of speech is? The only crime I see is the police investigation that's underway.
He is in a position of power, and by writing such a emotive article, he has abused that power.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
so i am not a christian if i do not follow exactly the teachings of one particular church; catholic/seventh day adventists. You act liek 4 yrs old and therefore are in your own mind 4 years old (its like the universe does not exist before you are born adn has then existed for thousands of years). Things only exist that you are conscious of.

However, there are different interpretation of religious law, look at the 16th century reformation. Differetn sects within different religions have different rules,russian orthadox church, greek orhtadox church, catholic church etc.
i dont think you know much about islam...it doesnt work the same way! true there are different sects/interpretations but when it comes to somethinga s simple as DO NOT KILL INNOCENTS ITS PLAIN AND SIMPLE
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you obviously dont believe in a democratic society..
oh so democracy allows the likes of the BNP to go round causing racial hatred, encouraging racial violence???????!!!!!...(remember the race riot of oldham etc.......) i think not democracy is about freedom but also about fairness and equality...why should we allow a party to persecute ethnic minorities?!
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think Tina is the only person in the world who doesnt accept this fact.

the attacks were committed by fanatics calling themselves Muslims in the name of Islam.
well vienna it seems you dont know many people...the majority of muslims in this country who are decent, normal people would agree that those fanatics do noy deserve to be called muslims...they may call themselves muslims but according to the principles of the religion tehy are not.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed