Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    not meaning this sarcastically...but what do you suggest the bbc does to show they disprove of kilroy's words?
    just release a statement reaffirming that it was nothing to do with them as it was released in the express newspapers and in no way do they support or disaprove of it. Remain neutral. Anyway all that will happen is some other channel will buy kilroy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    again i repeat...u dont know many muslims.....a lot of them say that the 9/111 terrorists are not "real" muslims. the reason they "jumped to condemn " them is because if they hadnt people would have shown even more aggression towards ordinary muslims

which er, kind of proves my point. they wanted to distance themselves from these acts that were claimed to be acts of Muslim ideals..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    as opposed to totalitarianism, id take it any day. ISn't it Life, liberty and property - Locke

therefore liberty is the most important thing after your life.
    well i wouldnt want either anarchy or totalitarianism....both can destroy lives....and i dont think anyone should have to settle for either....there should be a balance between freedom of speech and not being allowed to get away with openly inciting racial hatred. i accept its v difficult to get this balance...but i dont think we should completely polarise teh debate ie your either against freedom of speech or for it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    no censorship according to the dictionary is the removal of unsuitable words...ie not printing them in the first place.
    vienna you should really lose the patronising attitude...........
    why, when it is clearly required.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    as i said, she is the only one who hasnt grasped that...
    and you are the only one who has to act patronising...everyone else even if their views are completely different to myne manage to debate in a nice manner...they dont have to make the debate personal..unlike you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    true it is a problem defining it ...but i think in some cases when someone is openly attacking a group with untrue accusations and suggesting people take action against this group its obvious theyre inciting racial hatred
    well you are attacking a group with untrue (maybe?) accusations about the invalidity of their remarks.

ReputationRep:
    which er, kind of proves my point. they wanted to distance themselves from these acts that were claimed to be acts of Muslim ideals..
    CLAIMED being the key word

ReputationRep:
    why, when it is clearly required.
    see what i mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    "From our point of view"? Speak for yourself, but dont you dare tar me, as a Westerner, with that brush. Looking at the results of the poll, it seems that quite a few of "we in the West" wouldnt appreciate your summary of what we apparently think.
    talk about being pedantic...*shakes head*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    see what i mean?
    not particuarly, young Tina, no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    well you are attacking a group with untrue (maybe?) accusations about the invalidity of their remarks.
    which group? can you clarify this before i respond to what you mean

ReputationRep:
    talk about being pedantic...*shakes head*
    talk about being patronising...*shakes head*[/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    which group? can you clarify this before i respond to what you mean
    anyone that says anything that you disagree with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    anyone that says anything that you disagree with
    no thats not true...i respect other people views and when it comes to disagreeing with them i will do so....however i dont like to make the debate personal....nor do i like to acty patronising and act as if i am the one who knows it all...its only vienna whos started this whole personal thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    just release a statement reaffirming that it was nothing to do with them as it was released in the express newspapers and in no way do they support or disaprove of it. Remain neutral. Anyway all that will happen is some other channel will buy kilroy.
    seems like a fair response and one that should have been taken and one that would have diffused any hype. whats more concerning is the witch hunt he is enduring by the Muslim Council and superbly biased CRE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    no thats not true...i respect other people views and when it comes to disagreeing with them i will do so....however i dont like to make the debate personal....nor do i like to acty patronising and act as if i am the one who knows it all...its only vienna whos started this whole personal thing
    well you do not respect the right to hold the views of the BNP

ReputationRep:
    seems like a fair response and one that should have been taken and one that would have diffused any hype. whats more concerning is the witch hunt he is enduring by the Muslim Council and superbly biased CRE.
    although the egyptian leader of the Arab Press Freedom Watch supported kilroy's arguments about Arab states. At least someone is behaving sensibly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    aww. get the violins out..
    ur the only one who cares or responds to them. get back to the argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    well you do not respect the right to hold the views of the BNP
    no thats where i draw the line...i respect views but i dont respect racism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    although the egyptian leader of the Arab Press Freedom Watch supported kilroy's arguments about Arab states. At least someone is behaving sensibly
    i cant believe this egyptian leader...is allowing someone to preach hatred accagainst his own race?!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.