This discussion is closed.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
not meaning this sarcastically...but what do you suggest the bbc does to show they disprove of kilroy's words?
just release a statement reaffirming that it was nothing to do with them as it was released in the express newspapers and in no way do they support or disaprove of it. Remain neutral. Anyway all that will happen is some other channel will buy kilroy.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
again i repeat...u dont know many muslims.....a lot of them say that the 9/111 terrorists are not "real" muslims. the reason they "jumped to condemn " them is because if they hadnt people would have shown even more aggression towards ordinary muslims

which er, kind of proves my point. they wanted to distance themselves from these acts that were claimed to be acts of Muslim ideals..
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
as opposed to totalitarianism, id take it any day. ISn't it Life, liberty and property - Locke

therefore liberty is the most important thing after your life.
well i wouldnt want either anarchy or totalitarianism....both can destroy lives....and i dont think anyone should have to settle for either....there should be a balance between freedom of speech and not being allowed to get away with openly inciting racial hatred. i accept its v difficult to get this balance...but i dont think we should completely polarise teh debate ie your either against freedom of speech or for it..
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
no censorship according to the dictionary is the removal of unsuitable words...ie not printing them in the first place.
vienna you should really lose the patronising attitude...........
why, when it is clearly required.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
as i said, she is the only one who hasnt grasped that...
and you are the only one who has to act patronising...everyone else even if their views are completely different to myne manage to debate in a nice manner...they dont have to make the debate personal..unlike you.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
true it is a problem defining it ...but i think in some cases when someone is openly attacking a group with untrue accusations and suggesting people take action against this group its obvious theyre inciting racial hatred
well you are attacking a group with untrue (maybe?) accusations about the invalidity of their remarks.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
which er, kind of proves my point. they wanted to distance themselves from these acts that were claimed to be acts of Muslim ideals..
CLAIMED being the key word
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
why, when it is clearly required.
see what i mean?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lala)
"From our point of view"? Speak for yourself, but dont you dare tar me, as a Westerner, with that brush. Looking at the results of the poll, it seems that quite a few of "we in the West" wouldnt appreciate your summary of what we apparently think.
talk about being pedantic...*shakes head*
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
see what i mean?
not particuarly, young Tina, no
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
well you are attacking a group with untrue (maybe?) accusations about the invalidity of their remarks.
which group? can you clarify this before i respond to what you mean
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
talk about being pedantic...*shakes head*
talk about being patronising...*shakes head*[/
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
which group? can you clarify this before i respond to what you mean
anyone that says anything that you disagree with
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
anyone that says anything that you disagree with
no thats not true...i respect other people views and when it comes to disagreeing with them i will do so....however i dont like to make the debate personal....nor do i like to acty patronising and act as if i am the one who knows it all...its only vienna whos started this whole personal thing
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
just release a statement reaffirming that it was nothing to do with them as it was released in the express newspapers and in no way do they support or disaprove of it. Remain neutral. Anyway all that will happen is some other channel will buy kilroy.
seems like a fair response and one that should have been taken and one that would have diffused any hype. whats more concerning is the witch hunt he is enduring by the Muslim Council and superbly biased CRE.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
no thats not true...i respect other people views and when it comes to disagreeing with them i will do so....however i dont like to make the debate personal....nor do i like to acty patronising and act as if i am the one who knows it all...its only vienna whos started this whole personal thing
well you do not respect the right to hold the views of the BNP
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
seems like a fair response and one that should have been taken and one that would have diffused any hype. whats more concerning is the witch hunt he is enduring by the Muslim Council and superbly biased CRE.
although the egyptian leader of the Arab Press Freedom Watch supported kilroy's arguments about Arab states. At least someone is behaving sensibly
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
aww. get the violins out..
ur the only one who cares or responds to them. get back to the argument.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
well you do not respect the right to hold the views of the BNP
no thats where i draw the line...i respect views but i dont respect racism
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
although the egyptian leader of the Arab Press Freedom Watch supported kilroy's arguments about Arab states. At least someone is behaving sensibly
i cant believe this egyptian leader...is allowing someone to preach hatred accagainst his own race?!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (254)
39.81%
Take autumn exams (190)
29.78%
Look for a job (21)
3.29%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.92%
Take a year out (110)
17.24%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
5.96%

Watched Threads