This discussion is closed.
xAngelx
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
You're talking rubbish. It was hardly full of tourists. For one it happened quite early, and for two the WTC was a business place. It had a touristy bit too, but 95%+ in there would have been office workers.
And they may be normal to me and you, but they're not normal to the people in other places like Africa, middle east, rural china, haiti etc.
I think an analagy would be how would you feel if you found out that 30 of the people in 'Young, Posh and Loaded' had died in a bus crash. I certainly wouldnt lose sleep over it
J

oh well thats okay i dont care that they all died really their kids wont give a f*ck if they died you know cos they are rich and that. and what has africa and that got to do with the september attack, it was a man who though ahh you know what i'll kill thousands just for the hell of it you know to get attention that way, SO GOOD ON BIN LADEN eh if thats what your impling
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by xAngelx)
oh well thats okay i dont care that they all died really their kids wont give a f*ck if they died you know cos they are rich and that. and what has africa and that got to do with the september attack, it was a man who though ahh you know what i'll kill thousands just for the hell of it you know to get attention that way, SO GOOD ON BIN LADEN eh if thats what your impling
Firstly you make little sense, but that's ok, you're from hull.
Secondly I said Africa because that's another continent full of people who could care less about the attacks, and many of whom probably celebrated.
As for the whole Bin Laden, it wasn't 'a man'. There are tens of thousands of people (if not hundreds of thousands) who properly support the crusade he is leading, and millions more who sympathise. Don't be fooled into thinking that if the yanks actually did manage to capture him then terrorism would stop. Terrorism isn't new.
J
Tobias
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Kilroy has just gotten into trouble about a piece he wrote in the Sunday Express (would be the express). It's quite interesting to read, kind of like a literate version of my Grandad...

Mr Kilroy-Silk's piece started: "We are told by some of the more hysterical critics of the war on terror that 'it is destroying the Arab world'. So? Should we be worried about that?"

Mr Kilroy-Silk went on to say that the toppling of despotic regimes in the Middle East should be a war aim, and questioned the contribution of the Arab nations to world welfare and civilisation.

"Apart from oil - which was discovered, is produced and is paid for by the West - what do they contribute? Can you think of anything? Anything really useful?... No, nor can I...

"We're told the the Arabs loathe us. Really?... What do they think we feel about them? That we adore them for the way they murdered more than 3,000 civilians on 11 September and then danced in the hot, dusty streets to celebrate the murders?"

He said Arab nations should be grateful for the aid and technology the West had provided.

"They should go down on their kness and thank God for the munificence of the United States."

I'm glad it's being passed on to the Racial Equalities Commission and possibly the police for inciting racial hatred...The BBC are also reviewing it...God I've wanted him to b*gger off for years, maybe this is it...
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
kilroy is a complete idiot......i shall be writing in to the BBC to complain. absolutely outrageous.......maybe we should thank him for finally giving us an excuse to get his crappy show off air??!!!!
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Would she cry if there was a terrorist atrocity of equal destruction in the Middle East? I doubt it...

This shows the level equality we give to people.
this is a really good point....u know it seems liek 1 american life is worth 2 british and about 50 arabs
Jamie
(Original post by Tina)
kilroy is a complete idiot......i shall be writing in to the BBC to complain. absolutely outrageous.......maybe we should thank him for finally giving us an excuse to get his crappy show off air??!!!!
It had nothing to do with the beeb, he wrote this as a part of his sunday express article
J
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It had nothing to do with the beeb, he wrote this as a part of his sunday express article
J
i know but i feel he doesnt deserve his position.....surely the BBC can get better chat show hosts than xenophobics like him
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
he should stay in his field of shoddy talk show host watched by the unemployed, not branch out with his comments like that
Jamie
(Original post by Tina)
i know but i feel he doesnt deserve his position.....surely the BBC can get better chat show hosts than xenophobics like him
or, a better plan is to not have a chat show at all
yay
J
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
personally, i like his show....he debates issues affecting society today instead of trisha showing the same story over and over again...

and all the beeb will replace it with is another diy show....if i had a job..brining me in the money to be able to do all these home impovements...then i wouldnt b home now watching this diy show.

personally, i think he should be able to say what he likes. he doesnt like arabs, a lot of arabs dont like british people.

if were gonna stop people from saying what they want to, then you have to stop everyone, its redicuals that he cant **** off arabs when we allow arabs to **** off british people.

love Katy ***
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've been in the audience on Kilroy - it was ace - they can only cut out 2 minutes, so most of what you see may as well be live!
lyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
miss ickle katy, the point is that not all arabs celebrated the deaths of civilians in 9/11. kilroy's piece acted as if all arabs agree with the targeting of civilians, which is disingenuous, misleading and yes would probably further feed the racial hatred that many white people already have for arabs.

i never read the express anyway, but they have just been added to the list of newspapers that i boycott. daily mail, the sunday mail and Metro, shouldnt their proprietors have been imprisoned for inciting racial hatred ages ago?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
personally, i like his show....he debates issues affecting society today instead of trisha showing the same story over and over again...

and all the beeb will replace it with is another diy show....if i had a job..brining me in the money to be able to do all these home impovements...then i wouldnt b home now watching this diy show.

personally, i think he should be able to say what he likes. he doesnt like arabs, a lot of arabs dont like british people.

if were gonna stop people from saying what they want to, then you have to stop everyone, its redicuals that he cant **** off arabs when we allow arabs to **** off british people.

love Katy ***
yeh but come on if someone ****s you off doesnt mean you stoop to that level and im a great advocate of free speech but he could have expressed his views in a more polite manner rrather than that racist bull
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lyd)
miss ickle katy, the point is that not all arabs celebrated the deaths of civilians in 9/11. kilroy's piece acted as if all arabs agree with the targeting of civilians, which is disingenuous, misleading and yes would probably further feed the racial hatred that many white people already have for arabs.

i never read the express anyway, but they have just been added to the list of newspapers that i boycott. daily mail, the sunday mail and Metro, shouldnt their proprietors have been imprisoned for inciting racial hatred ages ago?
actually im glad they printed it....kilroys true colours revealed....maybe he will lose his show!
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How crazy is this world??

So what if he said that it's harldy racist?? There's alot of truth in it, i don't think he deserved to be sacked over the difference between Arabs and Arab government/Arab terrorists. How many times do we hear about the Americans stealing oil, i haven't seen random americans in iraq stealing oil, maybe if there were an American Council of Britain then half of the BBC staff would be facing the sack. But i feel maybe we don't distinguish between the government and the people enough, but it's hardly a serious offence.

The letter from the Muslim Council to the BBC then talks about inaccuracies in Kilroy's reporting, for example Iran is Farsi Speaking not Arab. Well the BBC should be pretty used to that by now. And the letter then go on about how the Arabs have been against Iraq in the past. Well anyone could argue both ways on that.#

This is the bit I hate and could almost laugh at it.

"In the BBC’s Producer’s Guidelines, your Chairman, Greg Dyke says “Our audiences rightly expect the highest…ethical standards from the BBC…values such as impartiality, accuracy, fairness, editorial independence and our commitment to appropriate standards of taste and decency” We hope you will agree that Mr Robert Kilroy-Silk has fallen far short of these values and standards.

We now urge the BBC to take urgent and appropriate action on this extremely serious matter to reassure the Muslim and Arab communities in Britain and abroad that the BBC will not in any way accept the contemptible demonisation of entire peoples.

Certainly, if the word ‘Jews’ was substituted for ‘Arabs’ in the Kilroy quotes above it seems to us that the BBC would not tolerate any delay before it took substantive action against Kilroy."

this is from the letter to the bbc

First of all he weren't even writing for the bbc. The bbc doesn't have to apologise for any 'demonisation', i go back to my point about the difference between arab and arab government. And why the hell does the writer say something as stupid as the last paragraph, just tell me why? That last paragraph is such crap, the MCB just victimises the whole Arab population. It's a childish arguement and it's also wrong. Is the writer saying that Israel has never been criticised for it's actions? I accept that criticising Jews would be considered offensive to some but criticising Israelis isn't. So why does he take such offense when someone has said something against Arabs, it is not like kilroy said Muslims?
hungryhound
Report 16 years ago
he has got a point about them all celebrating September 11th did you see them on the news it made me sick that human beings could celebrate the death of thousands, it shows they dont care for the world out there that would like to help, in away we do we bring them into our country and give them things free. i'm not racist if you think iam but i ashume they are, and people who protested about the war when bush came here were sick individuals as it was just a day after a terrorist attack, and these protesters where protecting them
I know it looked pretty sickening - and it was a disgraceful thing to do if that's what really happened - but I doubt it very much that this was the reaction from the arab world.

From what I heard, the media replayed tapes of a previous event which sparked happiness amongst the arab world during that time, so that to the angered and shocked western world, it would appear as though "they were laughing at us" which would work in favour of any decisions by politicians to go to war or something like that

HH
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There are a scary number of xenophobic people in the world.
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
he has got a point about them all celebrating September 11th did you see them on the news it made me sick that human beings could celebrate the death of thousands, it shows they dont care for the world out there that would like to help, in away we do we bring them into our country and give them things free. i'm not racist if you think iam but i ashume they are, and people who protested about the war when bush came here were sick individuals as it was just a day after a terrorist attack, and these protesters where protecting them
To be fair the celebrations were by Palestinians who just see Israel and America as being one country. New Yorkers were unfortunate in having to witness one 9/11 but imagine what it must feel like to see this sort of thing on a regular basis.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
just to update people! good news! well done BBC!

Friday January 9, 04:03 PM (Sky news)

BBC Takes Kilroy Off After Anti-Arab Rant
Robert Kilroy-Silk's BBC1 daily talk show has been taken off the air by the Corporation after the TV host penned an "anti-Arab rant" in a national newspaper column.The BBC said it "strongly disassociated" itself from the the star's comments.Writing in the Sunday Express at the weekend, the ex-Labour MP described Arabs as "suicide bombers, limb amputators and women repressors".

Under the headline, We Owe Arabs Nothing, he continued: "Apart from oil - which was discovered, is produced and is paid for by the West - what do they contribute?

"Can you think of anything? Anything really useful?... No, nor can I..."

A statement the Corporation said: "The BBC strongly disassociates itself from the views expressed in an article by Robert Kilroy-Silk in the Sunday Express.

"We stress that these comments do not reflect the views of the BBC."

It added: "The BBC is taking the Kilroy programme off air immediately while we investigate this matter fully."

The Muslim Council of Britain described the prose as an "anti-Arab rant".

Kilroy also has a show on BBC Radio 5 Live.

Speculation has already mounted that this could be axed if he is found to have breached rules on presenters writing newspaper columns, brought in after the Andrew Gilligan affair.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This is good news.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (5)
50%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
10%
No- I want it (3)
30%
No- I don't want it (1)
10%

Watched Threads