Kilroy Watch

This discussion is closed.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well what puzzles me is that this article was a reprint I believe that this time it was slightly less edited than before but it seems ridiculous that it has provoked such an outburst this time when it was barely even commented on when it was first printed.
Tina
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
what activities do they engage in. Your self rightousness disgusts me.
i have PERSONALLY seen members of the BNP engage in violence against ethnic minorities, ive also seen various TV programmes showing the leaders of the BNP who openly display their hatred for anyone who isnt white. maybe i come accross as displaying self rightesnousness but that wont stop me saying that the BNP disgust me
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
racial harmony group - arent these things more to do with exposing differences between races. Its actually racist saying we need one of these for different races to get along as it suggests that different races hold irreconcilable views.

its actually operating on the principle saying...we may have different colour skins...but it wont stop us respecting each other. we dont need one for everyone to get along but this actually encourages people of different races to recognize and respect each other.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Which members??
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
i have PERSONALLY seen members of the BNP engage in violence against ethnic minorities, ive also seen various TV programmes showing the leaders of the BNP who openly display their hatred for anyone who isnt white. maybe i come accross as displaying self rightesnousness but that wont stop me saying that the BNP disgust me
so, i have seen on tv, paid members of Arab nation states (ie police / army etc) beating up photographers and other media representation. Doesnt mean i can make such a blanket statement. So islamic jihad displaying its hatred of anyone who isnt muslim is good ?
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
well i meant i dont respect racism at all...not from kilroy, BNP or whoever else it may be. and anyway if kilroy didnt mean why did he say it in the first place? i think hes just trying to keep his job?
surely the newspaper wouldn't haven printed it in the first place if they felt the piece was racist. Kilroy did mean it, he just didn't mean it to be considered so racist.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
you dont respect racism at all, do you support Nelson Mandela?
its funny isnt it. she claims to hate racism and then is disgusted when an egyptian puts his principles and opinions ahead of his race...
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
you dont respect racism at all, do you support Nelson Mandela?
what so you're suggesting Nelson Mandela is racist?!
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
its actually operating on the principle saying...we may have different colour skins...but it wont stop us respecting each other. we dont need one for everyone to get along but this actually encourages people of different races to recognize and respect each other.
so we dont actually need it. Its about exposing differences nad respecting them. Well the NF expose differences and dont respect them .The same you are doing now.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
but that wont stop me saying that the BNP disgust me
which would be your freedom of speech...
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
its funny isnt it. she claims to hate racism and then is disgusted when an egyptian puts his principles and opinions ahead of his race...
i wasnt disgusted....just surprised...if he wants to support Kilroy who am i to stop him? he has the right to say he agrees with him but on the same note those who are disgusted by kilroy should be allowed to say so!
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
which would be your freedom of speech...
again you're making the argument black and white when its not..i support freedom of speech but there has to be some kind of limit!
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
what so you're suggesting Nelson Mandela is racist?!
well he was leader of a terrorist organisation something of the spear and he also insinuated that all white leaders were racist (isnt that racist-making a stereotypical judgement on people because of the colour of their skin).
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
i wasnt disgusted....just surprised...if he wants to support Kilroy who am i to stop him? he has the right to say he agrees with him but on the same note those who are disgusted by kilroy should be allowed to say so!
you can say so, but you cant say he does not have the right to say it.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
so we dont actually need it. Its about exposing differences nad respecting them. Well the NF expose differences and dont respect them .The same you are doing now.
how can you equate a local school racial harmony group supported by various communities/races and religions to the NF?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
again you're making the argument black and white when its not..i support freedom of speech but there has to be some kind of limit!
but you obviously want a limit that discriminates against members of the BNP.
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)

If you go a few pages back, you will see that I spent over an hour trying to make him recognise this
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
how can you equate a local school racial harmony group supported by various communities/races and religions to the NF?
i just did. both are organisations, both believe in differences between races and religions. They just differ on how we should treat those differences.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
well he was leader of a terrorist organisation something of the spear and he also insinuated that all white leaders were racist (isnt that racist-making a stereotypical judgement on people because of the colour of their skin).
no its not racist at all....in fact the south african white leaders of his time were racist so his claims were not false! he did not say alll white people in the world are racist and have done nothing to contribute to it! --> link back to kilroy
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
why should you be suprised that someone is actually able to show no signs of race or nationality having an effect on his judgement. does that mean you believe everyone is racist? i though you were a leader of a race harmony group?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (60)
19.74%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (120)
39.47%
Nope, not that interesting (124)
40.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise