Kilroy Watch

This discussion is closed.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
If you go a few pages back, you will see that I spent over an hour trying to make him recognise this
well i agreed in principle that there needs to be a limit, but the BNP should be allowed to say what they want. as i would rather be on the side of total freedom of speech, than a lack of freedom of speech. Anyway she wore my fingers to the bone.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
i just did. both are organisations, both believe in differences between races and religions. They just differ on how we should treat those differences.
we accept that peoples skin mighty be different, that they may practice different religions but we feel that this means we should celebrate diversity, learn more about each other and treat ALL people equally regardless of their race/religion.we do NOT liek the NF beleive that certain races are better than others, taht certain people do not belong in thsi country and WE WOULD never use violence or racist language UNLIKE THE NF

and you're suggesting that anyone who says that someone is white/black/asian etc is RACIST?????
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
no its not racist at all....in fact the south african white leaders of his time were racist so his claims were not false! he did not say alll white people in the world are racist and have done nothing to contribute to it! --> link back to kilroy
no but he said all white leaders were racist (isnt that insinuating the smae thing). He didnt say they have done nothing to contribute to it, i believe that you have not read the article have you. He said they do not produce anything excpet oil - which is true. I am sure he would agree that semitics have contributed huge amounts in the past to western 'civilisation'.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
If you go a few pages back, you will see that I spent over an hour trying to make him recognise this
great....well i have to go soon....got things to do!
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
why should you be suprised that someone is actually able to show no signs of race or nationality having an effect on his judgement. does that mean you believe everyone is racist? i though you were a leader of a race harmony group?
well said
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
why should you be suprised that someone is actually able to show no signs of race or nationality having an effect on his judgement. does that mean you believe everyone is racist? i though you were a leader of a race harmony group?
i was surprised because i am a human and it is human to defend yourself, your family, your background, your country if someone attacks it
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
no but he said all white leaders were racist (isnt that insinuating the smae thing). He didnt say they have done nothing to contribute to it, i believe that you have not read the article have you. He said they do not produce anything excpet oil - which is true. I am sure he would agree that semitics have contributed huge amounts in the past to western 'civilisation'.
i think ur getting off the point a little....nelson mandela did not accuse ordinary white people of this....thats the difference between his and kilroys comments if kilroy had said soemthing about the arab leaders i would have no problem with it...instead he vilified a whole race and that is racist
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
we accept that peoples skin mighty be different, that they may practice different religions but we feel that this means we should celebrate diversity, learn more about each other and treat ALL people equally regardless of their race/religion.we do NOT liek the NF beleive that certain races are better than others, taht certain people do not belong in thsi country and WE WOULD never use violence or racist language UNLIKE THE NF

and you're suggesting that anyone who says that someone is white/black/asian etc is RACIST?????
maybe? they could be racist as they are distinguishing on the basis of race. Isnt that an interpretation of the word racist. So you feel you should accept diversity - what about diversity of views. Im not saying i agree with what they say. So you would never use violence, didnt the ANL say the same thing?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
i think ur getting off the point a little....nelson mandela did not accuse ordinary white people of this....thats the difference between his and kilroys comments if kilroy had said soemthing about the arab leaders i would have no problem with it...instead he vilified a whole race and that is racist
no he actually vilified arab states - you obviously have not read the article.So you now have defeated yourself.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
well i agreed in principle that there needs to be a limit, but the BNP should be allowed to say what they want. as i would rather be on the side of total freedom of speech, than a lack of freedom of speech. Anyway she wore my fingers to the bone.
just out of interest would you still advocate freedom of speech if teh country was at war and printing a certain article would mean risking the lives of people in thsi country as it would be betraying some kind of military strategy?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
no he actually vilified arab states - you obviously have not read the article.So you now have defeated yourself.
i have read the article and he said that ordianry arabs ALL celebrated after 9/11 which is untrue....it was a handful in palestine. he also suggested arabs have NEVER contributed anything to the world...does he not know arabs have been some of the greatest scientists ever?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
just out of interest would you still advocate freedom of speech if teh country was at war and printing a certain article would mean risking the lives of people in thsi country as it would be betraying some kind of military strategy?
no, but then you sign a contract with whoever employs you and that is totally different. If they printed it i would support their right to print it although i would disagree with their choice to do so.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
i have read the article and he said that ordianry arabs ALL celebrated after 9/11 which is untrue....it was a handful in palestine. he also suggested arabs have NEVER contributed anything to the world...does he not know arabs have been some of the greatest scientists ever?
didnt he say that arabs do not PRODUCE anything, not contributed anything. Maybe he got his facts wrong and was suckered by the media too.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
maybe? they could be racist as they are distinguishing on the basis of race. Isnt that an interpretation of the word racist. So you feel you should accept diversity - what about diversity of views. Im not saying i agree with what they say. So you would never use violence, didnt the ANL say the same thing?
i think ur taking this too far....school children are now like the ANL the BNP and the NF!
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
no, but then you sign a contract with whoever employs you and that is totally different. If they printed it i would support their right to print it although i would disagree with their choice to do so.
so then you recognize the dangers of complete free speech
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
i think ur taking this too far....school children are now like the ANL the BNP and the NF!
you are 18, yes, so you are not a child
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
so then you recognize the dangers of complete free speech
i recognize the dangers, but i would still support it over censorship of any kind (apart from internal over which i have no say)
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
didnt he say that arabs do not PRODUCE anything, not contributed anything. Maybe he got his facts wrong and was suckered by the media too.
he actually called all arabs “suicide bombers, limb-amputators, women repressors”.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
you are 18, yes, so you are not a child
yes but the members of the group are aged 12-18
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
yes but the members of the group are aged 12-18
so, members of the BNP do not have to be over 18 or the ANL
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (73)
19.21%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (154)
40.53%
Nope, not that interesting (153)
40.26%

Watched Threads