The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Kilroy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
“Apart from oil which was discovered, is produced and paid for by the West what do they contribute?” Kilroy

he used the word CONTRIBUTE!
Reply 441
Tina
he actually called all arabs “suicide bombers, limb-amputators, women repressors”.

so- well arab states are known for suicide bombing, sharia law and repression of women's rights. If you asked me three things they are famous for, i might have come up with these three
Reply 442
JSM
so, members of the BNP do not have to be over 18 or the ANL

but the difference is we do not go around inciting racial hatred,,,we are trying to ensure equality and fairness for all...complete opposite to the bNP
Reply 443
Tina
i was surprised because i am a human and it is human to defend yourself, your family, your background, your country if someone attacks it

The main difference between those who are offended and those who weren't was just their emotions. The egyptian leader didn't get all emotional, he just looked at the criticism agreed were he felt it was justified and probably disagreed with what he felt was wrong. There was no need to get angry and call for Kilroy to loose his job instead they could just have disagreed with his points.

It's not like he wouldn't employ an arab or dicriminates against them, it's not like he said death to all arabs or told people not to employ them. Does criticising a group of people equal racism, and i don't mean that in the literal sense.
Reply 444
Tina
but the difference is we do not go around inciting racial hatred,,,we are trying to ensure equality and fairness for all...complete opposite to the bNP

then give them equality and let them say what they want. Thats fair.
Reply 445
JSM
so- well arab states are known for suicide bombing, sharia law and repression of women's rights. If you asked me three things they are famous for, i might have come up with these three

yes you might come up with those regarding arab states but not ARAB PEOPLE.
Reply 446
JSM
then give them equality and let them say what they want. Thats fair.

no i said we're ensuring equality....not allowing people to go around undoing our work to stop racism
Reply 447
hattori
The main difference between those who are offended and those who weren't was just their emotions. The egyptian leader didn't get all emotional, he just looked at the criticism agreed were he felt it was justified and probably disagreed with what he felt was wrong. There was no need to get angry and call for Kilroy to loose his job instead they could just have disagreed with his points.

It's not like he wouldn't employ an arab or dicriminates against them, it's not like he said death to all arabs or told people not to employ them. Does criticising a group of people equal racism, and i don't mean that in the literal sense.

my problem is that kilroy did not criticize arab states or their leaders had he done so i would not have a problem...he accused the whole arab race and all arab people and that is the difference.
Reply 448
Tina

the difference is JSM, is that tina's group is tryng to build bridges and understanding whereas the bnp are trying to take them down and then widen them.
Reply 449
hattori
the difference is JSM, is that tina's group is tryng to build bridges and understanding whereas the bnp are trying to take them down and then widen them.

thank you x
Reply 450
vienna95
talk about being pedantic...*shakes head*

Since the majority of the people on this thread evidently disagree with you (I think we can assume that most of the participants in the vote are Western since the majority of members are) then pedantic my comment certainly was not. More like pointing out that the entire basis for your comment is incorrect.
Generalisations are often not a wise road to go down Vienna, and if this thread is anything to go by then the foundations for your assertion that Westerners take a certain view on the issue is beginning to look a little shaky. I hope for better of you, both in terms of response (that wasn't one of your best) and in argument. Don't let your army of fans down now will you dear? *tuts*
Reply 451
Tina
my problem is that kilroy did not criticize arab states or their leaders had he done so i would not have a problem...he accused the whole arab race and all arab people and that is the difference.

i give up, who really cares.
Reply 452
hattori

well they can hold whatever opinions they want.
Reply 453
JSM

:biggrin:
Reply 454
JSM

nice end note as I leave!
Reply 455
Tina
nice end note as I leave!

sorry, false hope :biggrin:
Reply 456
Tina

So what if he did critcise arab culture and their law, it's not like the things he was talking about were worthy of any praise. In the spirit in which it was written he was written it was not preaching discrimination.
Reply 457
hattori
So what if he did critcise arab culture and their law, it's not like the things he was talking about were worthy of any praise. In the spirit in which it was written he was written it was not preaching discrimination.

and as the governmetn said it is the spirit not the actual codes you are meant to stick to. Well considering his background (lack of decent 2ndary education) i would not expect him to be able to differentiate between what arab leaders wand and what their people (supposedly) want.
'JSM'
and as the governmetn said it is the spirit not the actual codes you are meant to stick to. Well considering his background (lack of decent 2ndary education) i would not expect him to be able to differentiate between what arab leaders wand and what their people (supposedly) want.

wand?=want?
if he cant distinust the difference then he shouldnt be writing for a national newspaper, people from this forum can do a better job than that.
Reply 459
Speciez99
wand?=want?
if he cant distinust the difference then he shouldnt be writing for a national newspaper, people from this forum can do a better job than that.

my 1,700 post yey,

maybe he has not had the same education some people on this forum had, remember he went to a secondary modern. and he did visit arab countries - maybe that was the impression he got - he could know far better than us. Have you ever been to an arab country?

He also said today "If i am not allowed to say that there are Arab states that are evil, despotic and treat women abominably, if i am not allowed to say that, which i know to be a fact, then what can i say?"

Latest

Trending

Trending