This discussion is closed.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
Sometimes the average person will not notice nuances of language or behaviour, they just get carried away with the subject matter instead of watching the 'detail' of how it is dealt with. Not putting you down mate or anything, just the way it is.
I will repeat that my opinions on Kilroy are what I have actually seen of him and reading what he has written..
Believe me, his prejudices are not confined to Arabs, in fact they seem to know no bounds. He doesn't even like a lot of his own countrymen!
well, he defended black people
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sorry folks - would love to stay and debate but some of us have to keep the country going whilst the rest are 'dossing'!!
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
If there is one thing that intensely annoys me is people who think they know the minds of others :mad:
Bear in mind Vienna that not all people have the same like-style as your own. Some people work shifts, or nights or are chronically ill so are subjected to the narrow-mindedness of the ilk of Kilroy.
How can you judge that my opinion is an absurd tirade - very condescending of you, and arrogant - in fact, much like your mentor, Kilroy!
My opinion of him is absolutely personal, it does not depend on 'sensationalist British public' nor 'whims'. I am for the underdog - regardless of their colour, creed or political persuasion. He is not - as demonstrated by the points I have raised earlier.
An example of the ugly character traits he has displayed:-
Initially, his reaction to the furore surrounding his "tirade" was one of submissive apology - once he saw he had some support from his 'disciples' he goes on the attack. How genuine was his initial remorse then? Not genuine at all, methinks.
hehe, what is the matter with everyone. so touchy....
*yawns*
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
In other words, many things which are around today...are a consequence of the Arab World.
he was talking currently
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well...JSM....unfortunately due to the actions of many countries in the West, the arab world has been stripped of its wealth..and is unable to contribute in a way that RICH societies like THE USA are able to. How have they contributed??!! :rolleyes:
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
In other words, many things which are around today...are a consequence of the Arab World.
a part error that he made and apologised for and that does nothing other than damage his credibility. not, however, something that demands his suspension and a police investigation.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
Well...JSM....unfortunately due to the actions of many countries in the West, the arab world has been stripped of its wealth..and is unable to contribute in a way that RICH societies like THE USA are able to. How have they contributed??!! :rolleyes:
hehe, i wondered how long it would be before the US got the blame...
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
services
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
a part error that he made and apologised for and that does nothing than damage his credibility. not, however, something that demands his suspension and a police investigation.
I have found that when conversing with JSM, clarification is constantly needed in order for the conversation to even move at a snail of a pace. I bid you to scan pages back and see how this discussion has developed....
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Arab prose, prose fiction and art is still amongst the most beautiful in the world.

If it wasn't for their recent history of imperial exploitation I'm sure the Arab World would be providing the world with even more, as they have done through all points in History.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
I have found that when conversing with JSM, clarification is constantly needed in order for the conversation to even move at a snail of a pace. I bid you to scan pages back and see how this discussion has developed....
oh thank you, its because of my youth and becasue i have not really got any idea what the hell i am actually arguing about.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
well, he defended black people
Give him a medal.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
bloody hell, CURRENTLY
hehe, its amazing. has no one actually seen what he wrote? i suspect all opinion is being constructed via that very impartial BBC newsdesk.
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Got the blame? No, it was not them that decided to try and gain control of what once was the Arab World's wealth? :rolleyes:
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What's your opinion on the CIA's involvement in the overthrow of Mossadeq in Iran in 1953, vienna?
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hehe, its amazing. has no one actually seen what he wrote? i suspect all opinion is being constructed via that very impartial BBC newsdesk.
Thank you for "seeing" my post, which appears about four before yours.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
au contraire, JSM has to continually restate the argument while reminding people the factual grounds of the debate. no wonder its going slowly, wading through this barrage of nonsense takes ages..i feel for the poor lad.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Thank you for "seeing" my post, which appears about four before yours.
no problem..(?)
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Aye, we really should turn to those bastions of orientalism "The National Review and "The New Republic" for a real imparital voice, shouldn't we
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well i have asked everyone whether they have read it and most people havnt answered
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (154)
60.87%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.35%
No- I want it (71)
28.06%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.72%

Watched Threads