This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
What's your opinion on the CIA's involvement in the overthrow of Mossadeq in Iran in 1953, vienna?
open a relevant thread and ill tell you.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Aye, we really should turn to those bastions of orientalism "The National Review and "The New Republic" for a real imparital voice, shouldn't we
no, what makes you say that? they admit their bias.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
no problem..(?)
I thought you were reffering to reading JSM's post, I apologise. Kilroy himself has already admitted to "gross factual inaccuracies" in his column anyway, so I consider it a moot point.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
Got the blame? No, it was not them that decided to try and gain control of what once was the Arab World's wealth? :rolleyes:
eh?
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
au contraire, JSM has to continually restate the argument while reminding people the factual grounds of the debate. no wonder its going slowly, wading through this barrage of nonsense takes ages..i feel for the poor lad.
The factual grounds for the debate? Now, i am sure, if you were to ask JSM, (who has the advantage of having been present in this thread from the beginning), who has had to factually steer the conversation...you may be pleasantly surprised...Or, simply read through the posts, time consuming it may be...but pleasantly enlightening... :rolleyes:
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no, what makes you say that? they admit their bias.
Well the amount of times you have cited them as source material for your arguements is what drew me to suggest that...
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
au contraire, JSM has to continually restate the argument while reminding people the factual grounds of the debate. no wonder its going slowly, wading through this barrage of nonsense takes ages..i feel for the poor lad.
they are not actually arguing a point, it keeps changing and dont be patronising
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well the amount of times you have cited them as source material for your arguements is what drew me to suggest that...
i rarely cite National Review as a source. and a source of my opinion at that.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
The factual grounds for the debate? Now, i am sure, if you were to ask JSM, (who has the advantage of having been present in this thread from the beginning), who has had to factually steer the conversation...you may be pleasantly surprised...Or, simply read through the posts, time consuming it may be...but pleasantly enlightening... :rolleyes:
no i havnt i have been in and out
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
i did, hence my post. im kinda a veteran at this...

:BIGGER ROLLEYES:
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
they are not actually arguing a point, it keeps changing and dont be patronising
debates do develop to cover more than one point....
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
and dont be patronising
aww, not just a wittle bit...?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
debates do develop to cover more than one point....
yes, but i dont know any longer (about 20 pages) ago what i am supposed to be defening/attacking
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i rarely cite National Review as a source. and a source of my opinion at that.
Fair enough then. I resent the accusation that I haven't read the article or are basing my arguments solely on the BBC's biased reporting of it though.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
aww, not just a wittle bit...?
im sorry, didnt you understand me. dont start this again. You tend to be a little patronising. But i dont care anymore.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
yes, but i dont know any longer (about 20 pages) ago what i am supposed to be defening/attacking
Er, well that's for you to decide...
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i did, hence my post. im kinda a veteran at this...

:BIGGER ROLLEYES:

I am afraid, I am yet to have noticed :rolleyes:
If you had *actually* re-read the posts your statement would read differently. When i have more time on my hands, i will paste the numerous incidents for you.....
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
I am afraid, I am yet to have noticed :rolleyes:
If you had *actually* re-read the posts your statement would read differently. When i have more time on my hands, i will paste the numerous incidents for you.....
there is no point playing with words, if i translate it to vietnamese, then chinese, then french and then english. I am sure you have probably admitted somewhere in there that you are Osama bin LAden
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
there is no point playing with words, if i translate it to vietnamese, then chinese, then french and then english. I am sure you have probably admitted somewhere in there that you are Osama bin LAden
"yes"
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"yes"
well its true
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (242)
61.89%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.6%
No- I want it (105)
26.85%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.65%

Watched Threads