This discussion is closed.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
I am back friends - aliel another very well thought out point - any racial hatred generated now has its humble roots in every discontented word written in that pointless conjecture filled article endorsed by a gutter-press type newspaper. Dont ever be blind to the agenda behind every article u read no matter how innocent (not referring to this one of course!)
his integrity is also extremely questionable as he spent this sunday trying to shirk his accountability for his words
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Sorry, but I can't take the double standards being employed by Vienna here.

If someone was to post giving somewhat vague and incoherent views as byb3 did, Vienna would jump on them ruthlessly and tear their post apart if their views were not compatible with hers.

I've seen phrases like; 'why do you bother posting', 'don't waste your time' and 'what absolute nonsense' being used to undermine people. She even plays dumb occasionally and says she doesn't understand what they're getting at.
However, when the person is expressing her views, she magically changes her opinion of them, congratulating them on their nonsense post and impyling that the mess that was their post, 'she understands fully'.

Some may say this is human nature, but what it really is; is deplorable and hypocritical standards.
hehe,

as i explained to lala, a 'vague opinion' means someones opinion that is vague!!!, ie you cannot obtain their feelings on the matter. his arguments may have been vague but his OPINION certainly was not.
there is no hypocrisy, sorry.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No.

A vague opinion could also be one, which doesn't assert well the reasons behind ones opinions.
no, that would be a 'an opinon backed up with vague reasoning'
its pretty basic english...vague opinion = an opinion which is vague..
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
I could feed a small Arab state with it.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
yes and vienna is completely patrnoising.....she talks about free speech but then says to people who dont agree with her dont bother posting and tries to make their view look stupid
hehe...awww..hehe
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hehe,

as i explained to lala, a 'vague opinion' means someones opinion that is vague!!!, ie you cannot obtain their feelings on the matter. his arguments may have been vague but his OPINION certainly was not.
tell me, out the guys here who endorses or in any way supports Kilroy-Silk's words 2 sundays ago
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
the problem is kilroy did not make it clear he was criticizing arab GOVERNMENTS he directed his claims to the whole arab race. no one is saying that the arab STATES should not be criticized...it was also the abusive and patronising manner which kilroy used which cause offence.

i dont agree with the policies of the majority of arab states.....especially not saudi arabia....going off the subject but just to point out the USA talks about rights and freedoms...yet it fully supports saudi arabia?! hypocrisy?
Tina, could you please, please quote me where Kilroy refers directly to Arab people...
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no, that would be a 'an opinon backed up with vague reasoning'
its pretty basic english...vague opinion = an opinion which is vague..
Maybe so, but you knew what I meant.

Like I said, you play dumb when trying to make the poster look stupid.
When the most incoherent of posters come, (providing they share your view) you congratulate them.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
tell me, out the guys here who endorses or in any way supports Kilroy-Silk's words 2 sundays ago
taken in the context and a few errors aside, i fully support his comments regarding the current state of the Arabian states he cited.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
taken in the context and a few errors aside, i fully support his comments regarding the current state of the Arabian states he cited.
Do u not think that his comments were somewhat unsafe - particularly given the tension at this time and in the context of right-wing newspaper
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Tina, could you please, please quote me where Kilroy refers directly to Arab people...
Definition -

Arab - a member of a Semitic people originally from the Arabian peninsula and surrounding territories who speaks Arabic and who inhabits much of the Middle East and northern Africa.

Kilroy refers constantly to arabs throughout his post.

Basic English, Vienna.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
right, so u agree with the term "all"....u r just agreeing with that to be controversial and different.
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am back friends - aliel another very well thought out point -
Thanks
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Very few of his comments were directed at 'Arabian states', more arabian people.
Of course, a quick PR backtrack ensured that this was corrected.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Maybe so, but you knew what I meant.

Like I said, you play dumb when trying to make the poster look stupid.
When the most incoherent of posters come, (providing they share your view) you congratulate them.
i dont play dumb. you said he had a vague opinion, i said that it wasnt vague, it was obvious how he felt. you went on about his arguments, i reiterated that had nothing to do with the fact that his feelings were clear. instead of trying to pin this as some big game, just admit that you dont mean 'vague opinion', rather 'opinion based upon vague arguments'
whats the problem?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Definition -

Arab - a member of a Semitic people originally from the Arabian peninsula and surrounding territories who speaks Arabic and who inhabits much of the Middle East and northern Africa.

Basic English, Vienna.
wow someone has written sense in the last few mins after such a long wait - Vienna appears to be either confused or terribly intolerant of Arabs
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Definition -

Basic English, Vienna.
im sorry, i dont believe that is a quote from his article...where does he acuse all arabs as being terrorists or women oppressors?
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dont play dumb. you said he had a vague opinion, i said that it wasnt vague, it was obvious how he felt. you went on about his arguments, i reiterated that had nothing to do with the fact that his feelings were clear. instead of trying to pin this as some big game, just admit that you dont mean 'vague opinion', rather 'opinion based upon vague arguments'
I've conceded this. What more do you want?
I still retain that "the reasoning beh..blah..blah" is vague.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
right, so u agree with the term "all"....u r just agreeing with that to be controversial and different.
"all"?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
Thanks
no probs
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads