This discussion is closed.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
no im sorry you cant hold someone responsible if they voted for a different party....or were unable to vote because they were under 18. cmon jSM you know it doesnt make sense to say ALL BRITISH PEOPLE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TONY BLAIRS ACTIONS
i didnt say that - I said THE BRITISH people are responsible. Which is true. We live in a form of a democracy (which implies mob rule, tyranny of the majority, however you want to put it) and the democracy elected Tony Blair to be our PM.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
and, you didnt reply to my point, shall i repost it:

Those two things are not mutually contradictory, you dont have to have respect for people in order to have respect for free speech. Although you can play with words in order to attempt to make it the same thing.
kinda hard to keep up with so many replies and do my coursework at the same time...anyway with regards to your post the two things go hand in hand....you maydisagree with someones view but u still show some respect when arguing with them...that is of course if you do really believe in free speech for all and not just selectively
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
I take ur point my friend but why not criticise Korea or Zimbabwe who present more of a threat and are more bigotted respectively. They have even less to offer us yet Kilroy picks on Arabs who have the oil and is gets carried away in a victriole about muslim extremism- this smacks of jealousy if anything.
Yes, perhaps Zimbabwe and N.Korea should be "picked on" too. The Arabs are not unique in running bloody useless countries.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
there is never any reply, trust me. its always the same....ive got a backlog of unanswered queries regarding allegations, threats, abuse and lies....
yesssssss vienna.... :rolleyes:
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
more fabrication. youre better than the BBC newsdesk..

five things,

i) im pathetic? how would u know..?!

from the comments you have made in this thread and others
ah, how sweet...any evidence again? in fact, dont bother..ive given up hope.

ii) i congratulate people who articulate my thoughts. thats generally what you do when you support someone...bit of a no brainer right?

not if what they are saying makes no sense
does not make sense you mean. funnily enough, i think it does make sense, hence i agree with them...not a toughy.

iii) where have you given me sources and evidence to prove that Kilroy said Arabs and not Arab states? you recently supported my point contradicting yourself and have yet to prove otherwise.

i have quoted again and again the fact kilroy used the word "arabs" and not arab states...bigcnee has poointed out to you what the word "arab" implies yet you refuse to accept it
that amused me. what was the definition for? the point is whether he made a reference to arabs or arab states. you havent quoted HIM saying the FORMER, whenever ive asked. a quote is where you take his exact words btw.

iv) where dont i have respect for people who dont agree with me?

you constantly patronise anyone who disagrees with you and try and make them look stupid. you refuse to accept that they may have an argument even if you dont agree
thats just your self-esteem issues.

v) since when have i been the advocate of free speech?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you and JSM have been shouting about kilroys right to free speech!
yep, ur probably right, im not the only one then am i.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
i didnt say that - I said THE BRITISH people are responsible. Which is true. We live in a form of a democracy (which implies mob rule, tyranny of the majority, however you want to put it) and the democracy elected Tony Blair to be our PM.
i think you're just arguing because you dont want to back down....i wouldnt hold the british people responsible for TB's actions and neither would the majority of people in the world.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
i dont see how their colour has any relevance. whether they were black/white or asian if a male was walking past smelling of booze and looking like he was abt to attack me id be scared
oh, ok, i just dont mind sitting next to a white man on the train if hes pissed, but i am more scared of a black man (i dont know why). Although i am capable of taking care of myself, maybe its because the only times i have ever been assulted in public (ie outside school ) has been by black blokes. So i have a logical fear, am i racist?
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it just said on the news that he's not going to lose his show
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
yesssssss vienna.... :rolleyes:
well, at least you admit this much..finally.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
i think you're just arguing because you dont want to back down....i wouldnt hold the british people responsible for TB's actions and neither would the majority of people in the world.
no, im arguing, becasue this is one i can win, because i am in the right

and because it is a better alternative to my homework.

So you wouldnt hold Hitler responsible for the cleansing of homosexuals as he delegated the responsibility to someone else.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
way
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
way
way what?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sanity has prevailed or perhaps it was the 98% of middle england that supported him, that got the BBC worried.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
way what?
way to go Kilroy!
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
i have been, i dont think vienna ever has
good work...
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Kilroy tripped over my foot - ha ha
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
kinda hard to keep up with so many replies and do my coursework at the same time...anyway with regards to your post the two things go hand in hand....you maydisagree with someones view but u still show some respect when arguing with them...that is of course if you do really believe in free speech for all and not just selectively
You do not need to show respect for them, all you have to do is allow them to publish their views without it having adverse consequences for them. You have to respect their right to express their views, you dont have to respect them.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
What's bigoted Tina? The truth?

What are you saying? They don't circumsise 6 year olds in the Sudan? They don't stone women for adultury in Afghanistan? Women enjoy equal access to a wonderful education in Syria.? Homosexuals aren't persecuted throughout the Arab world? True, homosexuals might suffer prejudice in the US, but last time I checked we weren't stoning them to death (even in Mississippi)

Your problem is you cannot or will not accept the truth.

And please don't give me the worldly wise lecture as I was probably in Baghdad before you were in your Dad's bag. (Just an attempt at humor........quick someone.......call the laughter police........someone might be offended.....blah blah blah)
ermmmmm if you're gonna debate with me....then theres no point getting offensive. if you;re gonna make jokes....then why make them so personal?

i never said that arab states have good human rights records,.....but i also dont believe in tarring all people with the same brush....the actions of a minority should not be used to attack the majority of ordinary arabs who want change but are in no position to change anything.

you hold very ethnocentric views....far from the truth....

and as for me lacking experience well considering i have visited several arab countries.....met ordinary arab people...i think i rest my case
lala
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
a 'vague opinion' is one that surely does not assert the feelings of the poster. i find it hard to believe anyone could not see how adam(byb) felt about this issue. couldnt you?
You're right to expect me to clarify- though I never said the opinion itself was expressed vaguely, I can see why you might have got that idea. Its not the case though.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
no, im arguing, becasue this is one i can win, because i am in the right

and because it is a better alternative to my homework.

So you wouldnt hold Hitler responsible for the cleansing of homosexuals as he delegated the responsibility to someone else.

correction i would hold HITLER responsible but not every german that ever lived!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (385)
67.19%
No (188)
32.81%

Watched Threads