Turn on thread page Beta

Kilroy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Putting aside politics - I don't think they are relevant when we are talking about the innate character of a person.
    I have often watched this person on his morning programme and noticed his arrogance to everybody who he considers (erroneously) not equal to himself. This will be evident in his exchanges with blacks, muslims, immigrants, single mothers, benefit claimants, catholics (in particular, he is very vitriolic to them) other politicians - he will be sarcastic, denigrating, superior, mocking and then, if challenged, will change tack and be lighthearted (sometimes hugging (women) and slapping men on the back in a display of false comraderie.
    An insidious, iniquitous, slimy, smarmy and untrustworthy person!
    Let's hope he does not get away with it and loses his livelihood as a tv presenter which he does not deserve.
    (As an extra bit of information, he was castigated in the 90's for racist remarks towards the Irish - a leopard does not change his spots!)
    i have, fortunately, not had the good fortune to spend all my mid-mornings in bed watching Kilroy. being employed and paying taxes forbids me such pleasures. however, on the odd occasion that I have seen the program, he comes across and even at times, painfully,as having compassion for the underdog in the topic of discussion. be it single mothers on benefit, pensioners let down by the police.

as much as im not a fan of his manner, your absurd tirade against one mans career based on what you dislike in his appearance is just another example of the sensationalist british public and their whims with kangaroo court media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    And it is tv, he can easily put an act on. Also he is the presenter, and is supposed to be even and just basically present questions and not show his own views per se.
    he produces the show, he can do what he likes.

ReputationRep:
    Kilroy might of got away with this as a expression of honest views if he gave some evidence however since he doesnt name anyone and uses large generalisations which could be interpreted as offencesive he deserves to lose his show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    I have wathced him on tv and he always seemed quite geniune and caring. But then maybe its easy to put on and be indignant yourself when it is about somebody else.
    No I have to agree with Yawn.. he seems very patronising and arragont on his show. I was listening to Richard Bacon earlier and he was saying that Kilroy was an MP and thought he would be PM one day.. lol- can you imagine that!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    he produces the show, he can do what he likes.
    Not anymore, thank God.

ReputationRep:
    i have, fortunately, not had the good fortune to spend all my mid-mornings in bed watching Kilroy. being employed and paying taxes forbids me such pleasures. however, on the odd occasion that I have seen the program, he comes across and even at times, painfully,as having compassion for the underdog in the topic of discussion. be it single mothers on benefit, pensioners let down by the police.

as much as im not a fan of his manner, your absurd tirade against one mans career based on what you dislike in his appearance is just another example of the sensationalist british public and their whims with kangaroo court media.

Appearance?

What are you talking about???!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    Kilroy might of got away with this as a expression of honest views if he gave some evidence however since he doesnt name anyone and uses large generalisations which could be interpreted as offencesive he deserves to lose his show.
    er, no. he has his views. the paper saw them fit to publish. a newspaper is a freedom-of-speech medium or at least it was..

ReputationRep:
    kangaroo court
    sums it up pretty well for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Appearance?

What are you talking about???!
    "have often watched this person on his morning programme and noticed...."

its in the thread that i replied to...

ReputationRep:
    er, no. he has his views. the paper saw them fit to publish. a newspaper is a freedom-of-speech medium or at least it was..
    What about the Muslims living in England, who have had their liberties (not by law, but by opinion) taken from the media frenzy in backlash to Sept. 11th.

ReputationRep:
    Not anymore, thank God.
    bet he sells it to another station, he owns the production company who make it for the bbc doesn't he. OAPs love a bit of kilroy

ReputationRep:
    "have often watched this person on his morning programme and noticed...."

its in the thread that i replied to...
    You mean post.

What can we judge him on other than how he presents himself?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with freedom of speech but a man of Kilroy's status has a social responsibility to get his facts right. The Sunday Express isn't exactly a respectable paper in my opinion and they were just as wrong to publish the article..

ReputationRep:
    What about the Muslims living in England, who have had their liberties (not by law, but by opinion) taken from the media frenzy in backlash to Sept. 11th.
    what was i saying about kangaroo court?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    I agree with freedom of speech but a man of Kilroy's status has a social responsibility to get his facts right. The Sunday Express isn't exactly a respectable paper in my opinion and they were just as wrong to publish the article..
    what facts were wrong? what facts full stop?

ReputationRep:
    erm no. he just sees them as a danger hed rather be without.

- Hmmm fair enough, if you think believing that the "Arab world" is a danger he'd rather be without is a reasonable conviction to have then fair enough.

no, he is saying what are they contributing to the world now(in material production, goods, resources), that is of interest of us? in that sense they are inferior.

-He clearly states that the Arab world contributes nothing to the world. Where does he state that he is referring exclusivly to "material production"?

just like the 'West'...

-Sorry?

or they would have killed each other off, lost alot of their heritage and all be living in far worse conditions...even you accept that much.

-No I'm sorry but I can't accept that.

how on earth do you read that into it? he is saying that the arab world actually needs the West, although acceptance of that doesnt seem to work both ways.

-"The West" could indeed help the Arab world, unfortunatley their actions in places like Iran, Palestine and Iraq mean that many Arab's are (justifiably) suspicious of it and as such do not want any more Western interference in their lives.

ReputationRep:
    what media backlash?

there was no backlash.. don't make up a backlash when there wasn't a backlash. Every paper was going on abut how we shouldn't blame the muslims because most of them are pretty decent folk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattori)
    what media backlash?

there was no backlash.. don't make up a backlash when there wasn't a backlash. Every paper was going on abut how we shouldn't blame the muslims because most of them are pretty decent folk.
    Rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattori)
    what media backlash?

Have you ever read the Express?

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish.
    yeah good arguement, how kangaroo court of you

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.