(Original post by hattori)
how kangaroo court of you
Jesus H Kamara
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I can't understand why people have a problem with Kilroy voicing his opinion, it is his right. Very few here agree with him, but disagreement does not give you the right to criticise him.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
backlash
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
I can't understand why people have a problem with Kilroy voicing his opinion, it is his right. Very few here agree with him, but disagreement does not give you the right to criticise him.
Free speech, so we can critize him. And he is free to critize what he wants.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So we shouldn't have a problem with him voicing his opinion as its his right but at the same time we can't criticise him. Err, do you not see the fundamental flaw in your argument?
Elle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
what facts were wrong? what facts full stop?
By "get his facts right" I mean that he shouldn't group all arabs as terrorist or claim that all arabs hate the western world etc.

Seriously.. are you simply defending this to be controversial?
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Of course it does when it offends me!!
:rolleyes:
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Have you ever read the Express?
yeah, and i didn't see any backlash. and since when was the express the media, it's one newspaper.

maybe if you're hypersensitive and want to pick every single word and phrase and read the backlash yourself then maybe there was a backlash. But ordinary people who just read the paper didn't finish reading and think "oh wel, every muslim is horrible", every paper (except the express if im to believe you) was bending over backwards to tell us that muslims don't want to kill all of us.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, and i didn't see any backlash. and since when was the express the media, it's one newspaper.

maybe if you're hypersensitive and want to pick every single word and phrase and read the backlash yourself then maybe there was a backlash. But ordinary people who just read the paper didn't finish reading and think "oh wel, every muslim is horrible", every paper (except the express if im to believe you) was bending over backwards to tell us that muslims don't want to kill all of us.
Where do you get this from?

(and don't say - from reading newspapers: it's just copping-out)

It's amazing how people can interpret things differently
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So we shouldn't have a problem with him voicing his opinion as its his right but at the same time we can't criticise him. Err, do you not see the fundamental flaw in your argument?
You are, of course, allowed to criticise what he is saying, but you shouldn't criticise him because he said it.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

The thing is Kilroy is seen as a pillar of community, someone who can help other people with their "issues" and even though some people thought he was patronising he was still well respected. So is it really right for him to carry on with his show pretending to be concerned and caring after what he wrote (considering that there is a large Muslim and indeed Arab community in the UK)?
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
backlash
errm... not the MEDIA backlash we were talking about, unless it was rupert murdoch on the phone to those schools
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
What can we judge him on other than how he presents himself?
you should be asking yourself, what CAN WE NOT JUDGE HIM ON?
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I don't read enough British newspapers on a regular basis to debate with you on this issue although based on their stories on asylum seekers without evidence to the contrary I''d have to doubt your claim.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You are, of course, allowed to criticise what he is saying, but you shouldn't criticise him because he said it.
Show me an example of where someone has done that in this thread.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
By "get his facts right" I mean that he shouldn't group all arabs as terrorist or claim that all arabs hate the western world etc.

Seriously.. are you simply defending this to be controversial?
no, im saying that your replacing your ideas with what he actually said.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not present.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"..This will be evident in his exchanges with blacks, muslims, immigrants, single mothers, benefit claimants, catholics (in particular, he is very vitriolic to them) other politicians - he will be sarcastic, denigrating, superior, mocking and then, if challenged, will change tack and be lighthearted (sometimes hugging (women) and slapping men on the back in a display of false comraderie.
An insidious, iniquitous, slimy, smarmy and untrustworthy person!
Let's hope he does not get away with it and loses his livelihood as a tv presenter which he does not deserve.."
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you should be asking yourself, what CAN WE NOT JUDGE HIM ON?
It's an internet messageboard, we're just debating the merits of what he said. Where is the problem?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"..This will be evident in his exchanges with blacks, muslims, immigrants, single mothers, benefit claimants, catholics (in particular, he is very vitriolic to them) other politicians - he will be sarcastic, denigrating, superior, mocking and then, if challenged, will change tack and be lighthearted (sometimes hugging (women) and slapping men on the back in a display of false comraderie.
An insidious, iniquitous, slimy, smarmy and untrustworthy person!
Let's hope he does not get away with it and loses his livelihood as a tv presenter which he does not deserve.."
or, "he should stay in his field of shoddy talk show host watched by the unemployed, not branch out with his comments like that"
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads