Erm....

Why should (s)he, when (s)he is not.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
You're not willing to help genuine asylum seekers?
vienna is very right wing
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
you were wrong just admit it
Errrrr....... "no".

And Bigncee, for the second time, I'm male why won't you just accept it
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
vienna is very right wing
Never.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Errrrr....... "no".

And Bigncee, for the second time, I'm male why won't you just accept it

Lol. Sorry. I've got such a bad memory.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lol. Sorry. I've got such a bad memory.
That's mathematicians for you I suppose
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
By keeping him the BBC payroll they would be giving implict support to his comments, regardless of the medium he choosed to air them. The BBC is of course all about free speech, they are also about international understanding and accurate reporting. Why should tax payers have to pay the salary of a man who claims that the destruction of the Arab world would be "quite a good thing, really"?
is that the same BBC that reports with a completely biased set of sources?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You're not willing to help genuine asylum seekers?
i am willing.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
what you mean like appointing a head of middle eastern unbiased reporting who is married to a jew.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
what you mean like appointing a head of middle eastern unbiased reporting who is married to a jew.
erm, no. i mean approaching a story impartially and then consulting sources that all have the same view. the kilroy story being a prime example...

Centre for Racial Equality
Head of Muslim Council
The Guardian

and then a quick mention that the Sunday Express disagrees...
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
relevance?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
relevance?
they are biased?
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
they are biased?
In your opinion yes. What has that got to do with using tax payer's money to pay the salary of someone who makes comments such as the one's in this article though?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In your opinion yes. What has that got to do with using tax payer's money to pay the salary of someone who makes comments such as the one's in this article though?
in your opinion you think those comments suggest bias.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
um on this point i was at a live any questions session and this kilroy thing was asked to the panel., clare short made an interesting point that inciting racial hatred is actually a criminal offence in the UK.....therefore the arguments of "free speech" dont work!
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
um on this point i was at a live any questions session and this kilroy thing was asked to the panel., clare short made an interesting point that inciting racial hatred is actually a criminal offence in the UK.....therefore the arguments of "free speech" dont work!
so why do we still have people like abu hamza and organisations like the bnp
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Legal technicalites. It's very hard to prove that someone is "inciting racial hatred".
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
its not an interesting point, its one noone takes seriously because its not inciting racial hatred. its typical that Clare Short be the one to bring it up. he stated some truths or his opinion on some circumstances. the comments were taken out of context and reports like that of the BBC do not help. his comments were controversial and stupid from his point of view, but the reaction has been ridiculous.

were Kilroy to be prosecuted, I would be one of the many people to question the double standards of this seemingly pro-Muslim law, where Abu Hamza and the Finsbury Park Mosque go on openly spreading hatred while columnists with strong opinions are getting punished.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Legal technicalites. It's very hard to prove that someone is "inciting racial hatred".
if you can prove the Kilroy case then you can certainly prove the BNP case and probably even get me. Abu Hamza is the most blatant offender of this law, and the Home Office has personally intervened to prevent him from being deported because of personal security related issues. unfortunately, for Mr. Kilroy and others who share his milder views, they would never dare threaten the death or violence of the Islamic fundamentalists currently residing in London and thus are not exempt from the law of the land.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well we shouldnt
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (242)
61.89%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.6%
No- I want it (105)
26.85%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.65%

Watched Threads