Turn on thread page Beta

waaaah :( :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i just got a parking ticket by paddington station. i was 3 minutes late because my mates train was late and i was giving him a ride home :bawling:

the ticket is £50 :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

ReputationRep:
    That sucks.

ReputationRep:

:hugs:
    *lends money*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    *lends money*
    its no good unless you actually *are* gonna lend me some moolah

(Original post by kikzen)
    its no good unless you actually *are* gonna lend me some moolah
    i was just trying to cheer you up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    i was just trying to cheer you up

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Yeah traffic wardens totally have no decency. I got a ticket outside my mothers surgery and I was like 'dont you know who I am?' Rah uber annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Traffic Wardens are *******s. They stand there - waiting for your ticket to expire.
    They have to go round in pairs in some areas of Manchester . . . .

ReputationRep:
    That sounds a bit unfair can you appeal? As much as I hate people parking ilegaly and I think they should be shot in this case it seems the traffic warden was a bit unfair.

I suppose from their point of view they are doing just doing their job and they don't know the circumstances. My dad got done on Christmas Eve once for parking slightly on a yellow line and he was cuasing no obstruction. It turned out that copper was known in the police to be a twit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    That sounds a bit unfair can you appeal? As much as I hate people parking ilegaly and I think they should be shot in this case it seems the traffic warden was a bit unfair.

I suppose from their point of view they are doing just doing their job and they don't know the circumstances. My dad got done on Christmas Eve once for parking slightly on a yellow line and he was cuasing no obstruction. It turned out that copper was known in the police to be a twit.
    aye, i guess if im being all objective and stuff, then i was in the wrong.

but i mean, cmon, £50 for 3 minutes?! (it goes up to £100 in 14 days :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    aye, i guess if im being all objective and stuff, then i was in the wrong.

but i mean, cmon, £50 for 3 minutes?! (it goes up to £100 in 14 days :rolleyes: )
    Talk about making money of the poor, a lot of people might not physicaly have the money to pay so would have to wait a few weeks to save up for it.

I suppose you should always pay for extra time, its like today I had an interview in Liverpool the tickets were more if I came back after 4:00 so I had to get those tickets, even though I got home at got the 1:22 train. If I was delayed and had to get the train after 4:00 my ticket would have been worthless.

ReputationRep:
    sux dont it?

also i looked on the website, and it says that the charge is £100 for ALL 'contraventions'. so if i had left the car there for 3 hours i wouldve got more parking for my fine

get your friend to pitch in.

oh yeah and....

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.