The Student Room Group
At the end of the day they're doing 'something' to raise money for charity so why is it such a big deal?
Reply 2
Disenchanted
At the end of the day they're doing 'something' to raise money for charity so why is it such a big deal?

Because they're taking money from well-meaning people and spending it on themselves.
loafer
will you sponsor me for going to see Millwall play West Ham?

Not even comparable - going to see Millwall play West Ham might actually be life threatening and a challenge.
Reply 4
Who says hes spending it on himself?
Reply 5
TheSownRose
Not even comparable - going to see Millwall play West Ham might actually be life threatening and a challenge.

Green street ftw.
Tommyjw
Green street ftw.

The film or the actual street?
Reply 7
TheSownRose
The film or the actual street?

The film :teehee:
Your talking about millwall and west ham made me think of it :woo:
Ok so why not directly give the amount of money they're asking for straight to the charity? That way you cut out the middle man and theres no risk they will "spend it on themself". =/
Tommyjw
The film :teehee:
Your talking about millwall and west ham made me think of it :woo:

Never personally seen it, although know it's about hooliganism.

I was thinking more of this. :yep: BBC had great coverage of it, including the West Ham fan who repeatedly mooned the camera ... but I can't find it anywhere!
Reply 10
Disenchanted
Ok so why not directly give the amount of money they're asking for straight to the charity? That way you cut out the middle man and theres no risk they will "spend it on themself". =/

You have misunderstood. They spend it on themselves by flying to Africa to help out, rather than actually giving it to the charity.

Latest

Trending

Trending