Re-mark Watch

This discussion is closed.
123Sub-Zero
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I am two marks away from an A in Geography. If i apply for a re-mark is it likely that i will get an A?
OppressedMass
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's always a posibility. If getting an A is a neccesity then by all means go for it, but the question is whether you feel you deserved an A or not. I think if you were justified in having it re-marked then your fee is refunded, if you end up with a B after all then it will cost you.

What is the situation with other grades / offers etc?
dmitrij_savicki
Report 13 years ago
you will probly get it, my law was 2 marks away and after remark i had it put up by 5 marks
Pixelated
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I was 2 UMS marks away from a C in Spanish... I might send that for re-marking.
Mata
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They can go down though. Just thught I'd remind everyone.
Pixelated
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mata)
They can go down though. Just thught I'd remind everyone.
It's not very likely, considering most people only submit papers for re-marking if they are borderline.
englishrose
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The UMS score could still go down though, even if the grade doesn't. Surely you still get your money back if your mark changes, even if it goes down?
Longshoredrift80
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm thinking about getting remarks or re-checks on a couple of OCR History papers (A2 level). I missed an A by 1 mark overall (479), with pathetic marks this year on both my exams. I got 77/120 on my US History Paper and 42/90 on my British. (Down from 90/90 on US Paper and 81/90 on British Paper last year). However, I got copies of the papers back and the marks on my British History paper actually add up to 48 (10+20+18), not the 42 that my Results Statement gives! I know that they mess around with the numbers a bit after they're marked (most of the time they seem to give you a couple more), but I seem to have been docked SIX marks off what I actually scored! Is this usual or has it happened to anyone else? Considering I missed an A by 1 mark, that seems highly unfair. Luckily it didn't damage my University place, Nottingham took me even though my offer was AAA and I technically only have AAB, but it's still annoying.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishrose)
The UMS score could still go down though, even if the grade doesn't. Surely you still get your money back if your mark changes, even if it goes down?
You do
Longshoredrift80
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Actually, I read the small print.. You only get your money back if there's a GRADE change of some kind (module or overall) not if there's only a mark change. (At least, that's what it is for OCR...)
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
I had 209 in physics, 1 off a B, so I had all 3 remarked.

The teachers only told me ONE module though, and it went down 2 marks, so I now have 207 and 2 modules to maybe get it up to a B.

I don't care much if it is a C, dropped it anyways.
dhutch
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im one UMS mark of and A in DT productdesign (AQA)

- If i went to get a remark, how would i go about that?

Daniel
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ask your school/college because they have to submit your re-mark request. Make sure you do it ASAP as the deadline is the 20th.
goku999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
does anyon know the fee if u want a print out of the exam paper?
becca__boo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by goku999)
does anyon know the fee if u want a print out of the exam paper?
it varys with the different boards but its about £9.50. it will say on their websites.
Zoe_Holl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think a remark is worth a try, especially if you feel you deserved a better grade and especially at A-level. My English went up by 8 marks and that got me an A overall. Go for it! x
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
28.33%
No (86)
71.67%

Watched Threads