(Original post by Emily-Sarah)
Ah the North - such a great place, hehe
Totally! :yy:
Mattmoy_2000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The Norman Gallery of the Castle is supposedly haunted by the ghost of a Bishop's wife who either flung herself whilst high on hallucinogens and alcohol, or was pushed by her husband, off the Black Staircase. Apparently she smells of lavender, and walks at the original floor level, since the floor of the NG was raised at some point since.
BTW, this was about 400 years ago. There's also supposedly a suicide room with no windows (or more than one), which is described as being in various places in the Castle, but whether it's true or not, I don't know.
dobbs
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by niknack)
No, didn't met anyone called Jason, but u didn't really know people by name there, more by their hair style ...
My friends Alba Griffin (gorgeous blonde girl) and Imran went on the Masterclass one, ring any bells?
My mentor was Serena D'Ambrosio, she was lovely, so sweet. and we kinda merged with her other half Nick's group too. :p:
For some reason Imran does ring some bells. Not too sure why though :confused: lol :rolleyes:

And I don't know either Serena or Nick. But I know people like Wavell (I'm sure he did the Year 12 one?), Tim, Charlotte, Lauren, Paddy, and some others but I'm not sure exactly who did it!
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mattmoy_2000)
The Norman Gallery of the Castle is supposedly haunted by the ghost of a Bishop's wife who either flung herself whilst high on hallucinogens and alcohol, or was pushed by her husband, off the Black Staircase. Apparently she smells of lavender, and walks at the original floor level, since the floor of the NG was raised at some point since.
BTW, this was about 400 years ago. There's also supposedly a suicide room with no windows (or more than one), which is described as being in various places in the Castle, but whether it's true or not, I don't know.
I always reckoned that there were 2 suicide rooms - one in the clocktower and one at the top of the Black Stairs. :confused:
Mattmoy_2000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The room in the clock tower is the bathroom for the NG, and beneath that is a set of stairs leading to the Tunstall Chapel, so I doubt that it's a suicide room.
Shame it's a bathroom though, cos it'd be an amazing room.
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The room in the clock tower is the bathroom for the NG, and beneath that is a set of stairs leading to the Tunstall Chapel, so I doubt that it's a suicide room.
Shame it's a bathroom though, cos it'd be an amazing room.
Doh.
niknack
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by dobbs)
For some reason Imran does ring some bells. Not too sure why though :confused: lol :rolleyes:

And I don't know either Serena or Nick. But I know people like Wavell (I'm sure he did the Year 12 one?), Tim, Charlotte, Lauren, Paddy, and some others but I'm not sure exactly who did it!
Wavell Blades ... who could ever forget a name like that? it's the most amazing name i've heard in my entire life! Although i do think Wovell has more of a ring to it :p:
I met a Charlotte, she was my friend Ivy's mentor. and there was Priesh (or however u spell it) Fiona (slightly eccentric, but loveable :p: ) and of course Nicki Doyle ... fab I cant remember any others.
And Imran wudda bin doin somethin sciency or mediciny. very intelligent young man, with a girlish side :P:
niknack
And see! I told ya so!
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wavell Blades ... who could ever forget a name like that? it's the most amazing name i've heard in my entire life! Although i do think Wovell has more of a ring to it :p:
I met a Charlotte, she was my friend Ivy's mentor. and there was Priesh (or however u spell it) Fiona (slightly eccentric, but loveable :p: ) and of course Nicki Doyle ... fab I cant remember any others.
And Imran wudda bin doin somethin sciency or mediciny. very intelligent young man, with a girlish side :P:
Hahaha yes....Wavell was a legend, though his nickname between many of the mentors was Waffel (like the potato waffels)....ah yes I know Priesh and Fiona. I know OF Nicki Doyle (she's interviewing me for a job next week! :eek: ) and have met her, but don't know her that well.

And yes I believe Imran was doing Medicine. I seriously have no idea how I know that....or how I know HIM :confused:

Glad you had a good time anyway!
niknack
Lol, don't worry, once u've met Imran, u'll never forget him. He's just that kinda guy ... /girl :P
And good luck for ur interview! Don't worry, Nicki's lovely. I got sick on the last night of the summer school, and she sat upstairs and missed the "party" just so I wouldn't be lonely What's the job ur goin for?
Oh yeah, and that night i got sick, Fiona came and gave me my own private performance of MC Hammers U Can't Touch This ... rather amusing. Did u hear about Wavells performance in the talent show? absolute class!
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lol, don't worry, once u've met Imran, u'll never forget him. He's just that kinda guy ... /girl :P
And good luck for ur interview! Don't worry, Nicki's lovely. I got sick on the last night of the summer school, and she sat upstairs and missed the "party" just so I wouldn't be lonely What's the job ur goin for?
Oh yeah, and that night i got sick, Fiona came and gave me my own private performance of MC Hammers U Can't Touch This ... rather amusing. Did u hear about Wavells performance in the talent show? absolute class!
The job I'm going for is to work on something called STARS....it's similar to the summerschools but they are every Wednesday throughout the year and we help people in local schools doing their GCSE/A-levels....they come to the University each week and we do sessions much like what you did for the summerschools (except no parties or anything like that )....I've been told I should get the job since I did the summerschools which is cool Plus the fact that the other person who is interviewing me was the director of the Year 11 summerschool AND she wrote my reference for this lol! :rolleyes:

And no I didn't hear about it, what did he do? He did a couple of things for the Year 11 one, he hosted it wearing a variety of interesting outfits and also they did a makeover act where they had "Susannah and ******" - he was "******"
niknack
Yeah, i heard about ******! for ours he did MC Hammer. the rest of his group were on stage dancing to 'U cant touch this' then the bit in the song where it gets faster and evryone starts goin 'woa-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oooooh', Wavell came on an strutted his stuff ... it was a kinda mix of the funky chicken with some wierd leg movements ... like he was runnin but goin nowhere ... hard to explain, but very, very amusing! :p: the rest of the week was spent evryone goin 'STOP! ... It's hammer time!'
Then at the end, him Nick Priesh and two other guys did a spice girls tribute ... i have a feeling that Wavell has a thing for cross-dressing
Oh, and u said accademic sessions...we had one day that we had to attend a lecture, and spent most of the time there eating! Well, the french department did anyways (lunch and then enough biscuits, crisps and fizzy drinks to feed the 5000!) The year 12 is mostly social based, u shudda done that one instead :P:
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, i heard about ******! for ours he did MC Hammer. the rest of his group were on stage dancing to 'U cant touch this' then the bit in the song where it gets faster and evryone starts goin 'woa-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oooooh', Wavell came on an strutted his stuff ... it was a kinda mix of the funky chicken with some wierd leg movements ... like he was runnin but goin nowhere ... hard to explain, but very, very amusing! :p: the rest of the week was spent evryone goin 'STOP! ... It's hammer time!'
Then at the end, him Nick Priesh and two other guys did a spice girls tribute ... i have a feeling that Wavell has a thing for cross-dressing
Oh, and u said accademic sessions...we had one day that we had to attend a lecture, and spent most of the time there eating! Well, the french department did anyways (lunch and then enough biscuits, crisps and fizzy drinks to feed the 5000!) The year 12 is mostly social based, u shudda done that one instead :P:
I did the Year 11 one, it was exactly the same as the Year 11 one apart from the kids. Trust me we did lots of social stuff....ice skating, bowling, banquet at Lumley Castle, karaoke, talent show and all that. The lecture things were only in the Masterclass one really! And I wanted to do the Year 12 one, I only got accepted for the other 2 as there were so many applicants. Next year I think I'll be doing all of them though

And yes I know what you mean by Wavell doing that! It's something that was stolen from the Masterclass one where at our night down at the Students Union MC Hammer came on and he did the dance, it was hilarious!!! And it seems like that's not the only thing that was stolen from other summerschools....

Yes, you have made me VERY VERY VERY angry about this one!!!!!! :mad: The Spice Girls tribute. That is just NOT on at all!!!! For the Year 11 one (which was 3 weeks BEFORE the Year 12 one) myself and 4 others did a Spice Girl tribute...we sang Wannabe and it went down so amazingly well we had to sing it another 2 times!!! It was amazing and everyone loved it so much....I can't believe they ripped it off and did it for the Year 12 one too :mad:

Want proof? (I'm Scary Spice on the far right)

cobra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thats at aidans :eek:

See even dobbs wants to be there
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cobra)
Thats at aidans :eek:

See even dobbs wants to be there
You knew I was at Aidans! :rolleyes: Do you not remember the whole "Reasons why not to go to Trevs" thread where it turned into "Why Aidans is a good college" thread after I was saying I'd stayed there for a week down in H-House with a lush ensuite bathroom and that the accomodation all over the college (apart from that one crappy bit at the end of the straight lol) was really nice!

I think I would've really enjoyed Aidans if I'd went, it is a nice college! (Though not as good as Trevs )
TKR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
dobbs - whats has this refurb at trevs entailed? do you know?
niknack
Oh dear. But don't get angry at me! whats that sayin, dont shoot the messanger?! yeah, our spice girls also did wannabe and had an encore. Actually, they looked almost exactly the same as u lot, sept they had rather large balloon boobs that, apparently, made them very very sweaty. Scary/Wavell had a whole kerfuffle with his in the middle of his solo and ended up popping them. But good on yas for doin it! Couldn't have been easy!

What year do ya have to be in to do these summer schools? I have a feeling the money would come in handy, and i had so much fun with my mentors, i'd love to do it
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You can be in any year, but it's very competitive to get a place. I used to teach PE to years 7 and 8 and I did Camp America working with kids last summer so I had quite a lot of experience with teaching so I think that came in handy when applying....but saying that a friend of mine has done similar stuff and she didn't get a place! :confused:

And yeah the money does come in handy

Alex - of course I know....what a stupid thing to say! :rolleyes: hehe.....basically a lot of the rooms are becoming a little bit out-dated now, you go into other college rooms and see brand new desks, beds, under-bed storage, pin boards, nice wardrobes, etc etc and so Trevs wasn't looking too good compared to them! So they've refurbished a lot of them, and a lot of the double rooms they've converted into 2 single rooms (in fact the room that I shared in is now 2 single rooms....gona be weird going and having a look at that lol!).

If you find that you are in blocks G, H, or J then you will have a newly refurbished room! Blocks A, B, C, D, E, and F are still old-style, but please please don't think "Oh crap" if you're in one of those - I loved the accomodation that we had, it was really nice even if it wasn't "modern". Our wardrobe space is MASSIVE at Trevs (after seeing Collingwood and Aidans!) and other stuff is good about it

They were meant to do F block too but because the university cut some of our spending they couldn't :rolleyes: ALSO a lot of the bathrooms have been now fitted with showers, as some have walk-in showers and others had baths....a lot of the baths were going to get showers fitted into them

Errrrm what else? Oh yeah new carpets in the rooms too...basically new desks, bed, pin board, wardrobe, sink area and all that. Also all the rooms will have a "blue" theme, after a poll showed about 90% of us wanted blue instead of red. I mean, the college colour is blue...who would choose red??? :rolleyes:

Although you won't get told which room you're in, I think somewhere on the JCR website a list will go up but they won't tell you about it (well that happened last year). So watch out on the "Documents" section in about a weeks time I think
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (192)
18.66%
No (624)
60.64%
Not really bothered about them (213)
20.7%

Watched Threads