This discussion is closed.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
Maths is the hardest subject at a Level, if u didnt revise youre setting yourself up for a terrible mark
What a stupid statement.
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
What a stupid statement.
i second that !!!
SasunD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it wasn't too easy nor too hard either. altough i coudln't answer the last question party kos i was out of time and couldn't think.

the last part of question 8 i got as far as saying that:

1/cos(theta) + cos(theta) = (whatever the number was).

and also, i left the first part of the question with the K in it, where you had to complete the square.

I initially messed up on the question where you had to prove that the triangle was 90 degrees, but then i realised that i had answered the first question of that section wrong, i put A(3,0) instead of A(2,0). i corrected that in time to change my proof of the angle. I used pythagoras to say that the square of the two lenght should equal the hypotenuse, and calculated that, and then used:
((x1 - x2) all squared) + ((y1 - y2) all squared) which equealed the number i got before.
Blush Babe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
it wasn't too easy nor too hard either. altough i coudln't answer the last question party kos i was out of time and couldn't think.

and also, i left the first part of the question with the K in it, where you had to complete the square.

I initially messed up on the question where you had to prove that the triangle was 90 degrees, but then i realised that i had answered the first question of that section wrong, i put A(3,0) instead of A(2,0). i corrected that in time to change my proof of the angle. I used pythagoras to say that the square of the two lenght should equal the hypotenuse, and calculated that, and then used:
((x1 - x2) all squared) + ((y1 - y2) all squared) which equealed the number i got before.
OMI GOD!!! WE DID THE SAME EXAM!!! dont bother about me...its my 1st experience...
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Blush Babe)
OMI GOD!!! WE DID THE SAME EXAM!!! dont bother about me...its my 1st experience...
lol.......really !!!
Blush Babe
Rep:
?
(Original post by prince_capri)
lol.......really !!!
you could say im crazy, unique and proud
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thought it was ok, but I did CCEA Additional maths last year, so I'd done most of the work before anyway.

Ask me again in March and I may have changed my mind.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)

i did that one too, thursday afternoon (which started off with a factor theorm question?). that question on proving the triangle was 90 degrees, i'm sure you were supposed to use the normal/perpendicular to the gradient rule of -1/m, where m=gradient. i actually initially did it using pythagoras but i did it wrong so that i actually proved it wasn't a right angled triangle! so i did it the -1/m way.
the very last question was mainly algebra based although it was trig. i think there were 2 answers for theta on that one.
mb85
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im resitting in june...
WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER?!?!
Actually it's important but it's a long story so u'll have to know by private message if ur interested
Hey plz tell me bout ur long story i really wanna know........ I am bored and this will help me out..................
laterz sweety babe
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Maths is easy. I got 100s for all my Maths papers except Stats where I got 96. Further Maths is harder. I dropped an average of 4 marks per paper.
matouwah
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by starry)
Maths is easy. I got 100s for all my Maths papers except Stats where I got 96. Further Maths is harder. I dropped an average of 4 marks per paper.
can i touch you?
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
What a stupid statement.
It might seem stupid for you, but for most people its reality. Loads of people can get an A/A* at GCSE without doing any revision but its really not the case for A Level. In most cases if you don't do the revision you won't get a good mark its one of the few things in life that is actually fair...
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by matouwah)
can i touch you?
Heh.

Its funny because he said what we were all thinking but just didn't want to say!
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pegasus)
Heh.

Its funny because he said what we were all thinking but just didn't want to say!
Who?
Blush Babe
Rep:
?
(Original post by mb85)
Hey plz tell me bout ur long story i really wanna know........ I am bored and this will help me out..................
laterz sweety babe
Do you REALLY wanna know, other people might not be intereted...or do u want me to send u a pm?
Blush Babe
Rep:
?
(Original post by starry)
Who?
You're a bit blond for a person who got 100% in all the maths exams...YOU of course!! People want to touch you cuz it's UNBELIEVABLE!!! It's amazing!!! It's WOW!!!
mb85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do you REALLY wanna know, other people might not be intereted...or do u want me to send u a pm?
yeah send me a pm......i couldnt sleep last nite cuz i was waitin for ur message....i wanna know........
bye sweety
matouwah
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You're a bit blond for a person who got 100% in all the maths exams...YOU of course!! People want to touch you cuz it's UNBELIEVABLE!!! It's amazing!!! It's WOW!!!
no....i was being sarcastic....OMG U GOT 100% iN MOST MODULES...WOW...U ARE AMZING...CAN I TOUCH U...>I WANNA BE JUST LIKE U/...starry why dont u sit on your finger and rotate 2 pie (in randians) clockwise....
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
OK!!! Who found that ******* exam impossible? All the questions completely went OVER my head!! I am retaking this exam cuz we had mocks in the same week that it was unfair!!
BB
P.S. It might have helped if I did the past papers and revised though...
I find the best way to revise for maths is to do lots of past papers and soon you'll find a trend in the way that the papers are structured.
I did that for p1 and got full marks.
I noticed that 8/10 times the first question was on series and sequences, the second question was usually on coordinate gemoetry etc..etc..

and there isnt much variation between questions on a certain topic from year to year so if you've done the work you should be able to anticiapte whats going to come up. That makes it hell of a lot easier.
Blush Babe
Rep:
?
(Original post by matouwah)
no....i was being sarcastic....OMG U GOT 100% iN MOST MODULES...WOW...U ARE AMZING...CAN I TOUCH U...>I WANNA BE JUST LIKE U/...starry why dont u sit on your finger and rotate 2 pie (in randians) clockwise....
I think you're taking the mickey!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads