Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello there you lucky lucky people <--- this only applies if you have got into elvyn

Anyway, how are you guys? If you dont know I am the Elvyn Richards Hall chair and I thought I would start this thread so the people in Elvyn can chat etc.

Freshers week in Elvyn has finally been fully sorted so you guys can have the time of your life from the 28th. And trust me, you will!

So if you want to ask me anything feel free to!

(also my msn is [email protected])

Cheers,

Matt.

ReputationRep:
    Actually one bit of news is that hopefully the website will be up and running soon! Had so many problems with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear)
    Actually one bit of news is that hopefully the website will be up and running soon! Had so many problems with it!
    excellent I hav bn runnin out of things 2 look up bout lufbra on the net! Im only workin evnins so get all day 2 fight boredom, but not 4 much longer!

O Im goin in2 elvyn soon if u didnt guess!

ReputationRep:
    i would put some photos up so you can see what all the fuss is about but nowhere to host em!

Not long to go! Make sure you bring a doorstop... really is useful.

ReputationRep:
    I was in Elvyn.. It's good. Door stop is a must though..

Although I think when I was in Elvyn, we got one in our Freshers Bag. Genius!

ReputationRep:
    He He, yeh im goin elvyn, cant wait!! Ive already got me doorstop, bought one last week lol!!

ReputationRep:
    Its all good.... man it would be cool if loads more people were on this... also bring... a wash bag... another tip of the day.

ReputationRep:
    yep will do!!! Anymore tips??

ReputationRep:
    be forward, get on with your corridor, mine was class this year, bottom floor so i got all guys who were into the same stuff so just had a good time..

Chose my room on the other side of the hall though this year..

ReputationRep:
    hey im coming to Elvyn this year and ive been looking throgh the booklet. whats the deal with all the rules and the warrdens? Are the rules strickly inforced and do ur rooms get checked alot, i mean for things such as the posters and fridges and other ppl staying in ur room

ReputationRep:
    well i had a kool kube fridge (big guiness one) and nothing was said, i think a rule was changed so they were allowed but dont take my word yet, ill give the warden a call on monday n comfirm...

with posters etc you are generally ok with them, it really depends on your cleaners and whether they are nice or not (had the most amazing cleaner last year i asked her to move corridors with me (which made her cry)).

My room got checked once, which was by a uni official and it was in a complete mess, you could hardly see the floor! (you will get used to it if you ever come to my room!)

but i wouldnt worry the rules arent too strict

ReputationRep:
    hi
    am really exited about coming to elvyn. i cant wait ( was abit anxious at first). its a good thing i got catered now that i think about it other wise i was gonna become malnutritioned cause i cant cook to save my life. I sent my room bond and stuff today so hopefully it will get there by monday (otherwise they give my room away!)

ReputationRep:
    they wont dont worry

the food in Elvyn is quite good and have pretty good choice so should be ok, they are changing the whole dinner process this year though, for the better, so it should be better food!

ReputationRep:
    Elvyn1

Elvyn Way

Elvyn 2

Someone walking to my room

My Room

few pictures we took on my last day, i have some of the uni n stuff if you want them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear)
    they wont dont worry

the food in Elvyn is quite good and have pretty good choice so should be ok, they are changing the whole dinner process this year though, for the better, so it should be better food!
    How is it changing?and is it for all the halls??

ReputationRep:
    well, last year we had a turnstile type system, where you swipe your NUS card and then you're in. Now however you'll have a chip n pin kinda card (i think) and there will be a till of some kind and you just walk through n show the card. The till is for people who arent in Elvyn and wish to buy food. Therefore if they are serving people out of the hall too then the standard of food should be better.

ReputationRep:
    this may sound a stupid question, but there is a chair in the rooms 2 sit at the desks on?! we dont have 2 bring 1 do we?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by get_a_life)
    this may sound a stupid question, but there is a chair in the rooms 2 sit at the desks on?! we dont have 2 bring 1 do we?!!
    you get a chair, not really a good one neccesarily, but you get one

ReputationRep:
    yeah they're not too comfy!

ReputationRep:
    yo bear, you got any pics of garcia this year?....missed it as i was on placement....

also, as a returner should we have recieved a re-registration form? cant remember, as i havent been there for a year!

cheers dude

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.