Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what is the maximum in your opinion?

I know it will be largely subjective to the individual exercising.

By exercise I mean burning approximately 500kCal/hour at least.

e.g: 10 hours, 5000kCal burnt (which would be 1.4lb!)

Would this be an option on how to lose wait?

I'm anticipating that being a stupid question....

ReputationRep:
    If you want to lose weight just be very active, and eat smaller portions at meal times/don't snack during the day.

There's no way you can possibly count how active you are like that unless your solely taking it off a gym machine/whatever.

For example, i have to walk up and down a very steep hill outside my house every day. I'm up and down it about 8 times in a normal day, and despite it only taking a few minutes every time i'm sure it's making me burn a hell of a lot as i worked out i'm on about 2.5-3k calories a day just to keep going, and need more than that to bulk up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.