Turn on thread page Beta

Ebay Question! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you'd sold something on ebay, got proof of posting, then the person said they'd never received it.....then the Post Office say they won't compensate you because you can't prove it never arrived.....would you give the person their money back on tell them to get knotted?

Yes it's happened to me...I'm the person selling the stuff! I can understand how she'd be a bit miffed as the buyer but all I have is her word to say she didn't get it y'know? And I'd be out of pocket if I give her the money back.

Any advice...?

PS: Afterthought, she's not very nice this woman anyway lol

ReputationRep:
    ah i dont know, keep the money? I mean you will lose an item and she will not lose anything, and theres a possibility that she is lying.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    ah i dont know, keep the money? I mean you will lose an item and she will not lose anything, and theres a possibility that she is lying.......
    I bet she'll neg feedback me tho....she's been a right cow so far! Just wondering if I was being equally moo-ish by telling her to p**s off

ReputationRep:
    hmm...well ive sold stuff on ebay in the past and never had that problem but if that situation was 2 arise with me, if the item was of quite low value and i had a few of them id post her another one but if it was high value dont bother. just be polite and explain that unless she can provide proof she hasnt recieved it then theres nothing you can do, she could have asked for recorded delivery if she wanted a more secure transaction couldnt she, if u have a lot of positive feedback then one negative aint gonna have much affect really.

ReputationRep:
    I only had the one and it wasn't that expensive, if she'd been nicer to me to begin with I'd probably have offered her 50% back but she has been SO aggressive (crazy b**ch). My feedback is 110 with 2 negs already :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If you got a certificate of postage the PO should compensate theres a form to fill in. I've done it before and never had a problem. If they are saying you can't do it ask another person at the PO.

ReputationRep:
    No I did do it then got the letter back saying thanks but as far as we're concerned we didn't lose it so get stuffed! I've done it a few times before too and never had a problem....

ReputationRep:
    That's well dodgy.

But of course, you can prove that it never arrived, because the person alleging that it didn't arrive will sign a statement which you can send to the postal service to prove that it didn't arrive right?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but she could just be lying tho....

ReputationRep:
    i think she is lying cos if it was recorded as it seems then you have nothing to worry about much apart from getting a negative feedback.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars)
    Yeah but she could just be lying tho....
    Then the matter is between her and the postal service. You don't know whether it arrived or not, you have to take her word for it. If you have something signed by her that says that it never arrived, then send that with your claim to the postal service - if she's lying and they can prove that the item did arrive, then it's her responsibility, not yours.

ReputationRep:
    please tell me that you've already informed EBay of the problem, and ee what they say, but i wouldnt give the money back, and also start having words with the PO, ive had recorded stuff go missing b4.

(on another note, when u sell stuff, give the option for recorded, that way ur covered. specialy if u get proof.)

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.