Favourite episode of Doctor Who series 5? Watch

Poll: Which was your favourite episode from the series?
The Eleventh Hour (7)
4.7%
The Beast Below (1)
0.67%
Victory of the Daleks (2)
1.34%
The Time of Angels (13)
8.72%
Flesh and Stone (9)
6.04%
The Vampires of Venice (0)
0%
Amy's Choice (17)
11.41%
The Hungry Earth (2)
1.34%
Cold Blood (0)
0%
Vincent and the Doctor (39)
26.17%
The Lodger (5)
3.36%
The Pandorica Opens (25)
16.78%
The Big Bang (29)
19.46%
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
:teeth:

So now that the series is over, I thought it would be interesting to see which episode people consider their favourite of the entire series

Poll to follow.
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
This is tough.
Skadoosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Personal favourites were 1st, 5th, 7th and 10th.

Probably go for 5th. Flesh and Stone.
Dream Weaver
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the season was a huge let down. Picked Beast Below because that was the only decent one.

incredibly disappointing
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
I went with the last episode. Possibly due to it being the freshest in my mine. Outside of the finale, I would have chosen Amy's Choice - purely due to the Dream Lord and his potrayal within the episode rather than Amy's "dilemma". Although previous series have had better standalone episodes which have really stood out. "Midnight" and "Blink" are two examples.

Now I say that - I'm really in the mood to watch "Midnight". Doctor at his most vulnerable and no closure on who the "evil" was. :moon:
kamc
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I voted for Vincent and the Doctor. The Eleventh Hour, the Beast Below, the Angels 2parter, Amy's Choice, The Lodger and The Pandorica & The Big Bang varied between ok and meh, I'm not sure if any of them were excellent. The Hungry Earth and Cold Blood were very meh. Victory of the Daleks and Vampires of Venice were beyond sh*t.
This season was a big let down overall but Matt Smith is probably my favourite doctor.
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kamc)
I voted for Vincent and the Doctor. The Eleventh Hour, the Beast Below, the Angels 2parter, Amy's Choice, The Lodger and The Pandorica & The Big Bang varied between ok and meh, I'm not sure if any of them were excellent. The Hungry Earth and Cold Blood were very meh. Victory of the Daleks and Vampires of Venice were beyond sh*t.
This season was a big let down overall but Matt Smith is probably my favourite doctor.
Victory of the Daleks was the worst :nothing: IKEA cruet set Daleks were a crappest take on the old villains you could imagine :rolleyes:
Vampires were a bit meh, but not bad for a filler episode
Angels and Pandorica two parters are the best IMO, the mystery and suspense were great
kamc
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
Victory of the Daleks was the worst :nothing: IKEA cruet set Daleks were a crappest take on the old villains you could imagine :rolleyes:
Vampires were a bit meh, but not bad for a filler episode
Angels and Pandorica two parters are the best IMO, the mystery and suspense were great
I think VoV was far worse than VotD, I think Vampires of Venice is a contender for worst ever episode of Doctor Who, it was beyond awful.
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kamc)
I think VoV was far worse than VotD, I think Vampires of Venice is a contender for worst ever episode of Doctor Who, it was beyond awful.
I dunno, at least it was abit scary in the start, but Daleks were just irritating :erm:
~Kat~
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmmmmmmm, it's between Eleventh Hour and Flesh and Stone, but I chose Flesh and Stone for my fave.
Victory of the Daleks was the only one that really bored me...
King_Blumpkins
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tough choice between the Weeping Angels double or the Vincent Van Gough one
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's either between The Eleventh Hour, or Flesh and Stone...
Efikal :D
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
"The Time of the Angels.".

That creeped me out and is defo a favourite

The last episode was probably the worse and a bit too predictable.
Fumblenuts91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
finale seemed a bit of a letdown.
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I voted Vincent and the Doctor, because it was the only one to really make me weep. The finale had tears in my eyes but they weren't rolling on out. You really felt for Vincent in that episode.

And those who call Vampires in Venice a filler episode need to watch it again - none of the episodes were filler (except perhaps Amy's Choice and The Lodger which are stand-alone episodes which could be the part of future arcs!)

And stop calling it a season, it's a series :fuhrer:
lily_:O
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
THE BIG BANG its was soooo good!
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It was close because there were so many great episodes but I think Vincent and the doctor was my fave
mattyb17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's a hard one, I couldnt make my mind up so I choose Amy's Choice because it was fast passed and I really got into it
alex_hk90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Vincent and The Doctor. So emotional at the end when they played Chances by Athlete. :yep:
fretter778
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The Big Bang, Vincent and the Doctor or Amy's Choice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (241)
14.82%
The paper was reasonable (908)
55.84%
Not feeling great about that exam... (357)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (120)
7.38%

Watched Threads