tragic accident Watch

This discussion is closed.
Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The Names Have Been Released today. I Feel for all the families, especially the 18 year Boy Who was in the other car when his Father died and he escaped, Must be terrible to witness that Kind of accident and still be alive.

Did anyone read what some people did to yesterday? Pouring Cans of fosters over the flowers left for the victims. Some sick people out there.. One parculair tribute.
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's a horrible thing to happen, but (and I hate to say it) I don't know if things like this do make drivers more aware. In my area there are two roads that are notorious for accidents; on one there were 6 people killed last month in a crash (4 teenagers and an elderly couple), and on another stretch 5 miles long there have been too many fatalities to remember. And because it's a small rural community, you always know them, know of them, or at least know somebody who does. But despite all of this the accidents still happen far too frequently; people always assume that it won't happen to them, even though they're constantly reminded that yes it does happen and it could so easily be them. So IMO if something like seeing accidents regularly doesn't have an effect, in all reality, what good are advertising campaigns going to do?
mesh
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
its tragic.. to here people my age dieing in car accidents.. i am a young driver.. and been in an accident in my first year of driving..

myself and witnesses say not my fault.. insurance now blame me... i got a hit n run driver, who hit my 106 trying to undertake me, clipped me and sent me losing control on a usually busy sunday road around town centre.. three lane carriageway.. and as im new i don't know what to do when going into a skid (now i no!) my car totally lost control and luckily no cars where behind.. the car was a write off. but the othe car didnt stop.. whitnesses stoped though.. so there are messed up people out there.. now i follow the rules.. no speeding.. and if i do its only by a little bit like extra 5mph trying to overtake on motorways or dual carriageways..

put me of driving for awhile.. but now im back
Racht70
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thats just heartbreaking.I drive very carefully i have two kids to ferry around everywhere but its not just me thats gotta be care ful its the others which are not! and that really winds me up there putting other poeples ,kids lifes at risk and another thing that winds me up its parents that drive with kids in the car with no seatbelts!!!!!!!!! if anything should happen to the kids eg: crash !the driver should get done for manslaughter!! ok nuff said thats my moan for the day but yeah that story really is sad such a waste.
username21537
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Jesus H. Well i can only hope that young drivers can take heed and not drive silly'ly
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (221)
28.01%
No (568)
71.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed