The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I know a few people from uni etc that really inspire me with their ability to do everything and excel. Just simple things like their amazing time management leaves me in awe!

Other than that, my dad. He is the kind of parent I would aspire to be like one day. Just the female version. Obviously.
Reply 21
Bill Hicks and Maynard Keenan inspire me through their words, and Lucifer through his actions.
Reply 22
Woodsy

To be honest I derive a lot of inspiration from my personal goals, so people like Richard Branson and Alan Sugar would fit into that mould of achieving a lot while starting with relatively little.

Branson was given £100k of start up capital by his dad..."relatively little" :biggrin:
Reply 23
i think that Tim Berners-Lee is a splendid role model. he invented the world wide web but refused to patent it...he would be wealthier than bill gates if he had. it is thanks to Sir Tim that we can enjoy the internet like we are doing here.
Reply 24
My parents.

Also various journalists - I find what they do very inspiring, personally.
Reply 25
Beekeeper
It's simple enough, who inspires you the most? Who gives you the determination to strive hard for something, or reach a goal?

This could be someone you know personally or a celebrity.

Personally I take inspiration from musicians and politicians, somewhere between Margaret Thatcher and Bruce Springsteen, and basically anybody who has made something of themselves from very little... Somebody who has influence and uses it to better other peoples life's.

"It's passionately interesting for me that the things that I learned in a small town, in a very modest home, are just the things that I believe have won the election." - Margaret Thatcher

Margaret thatcher had her flaws. Considering she was from a party that ran the country to the ground, shes hardly an inspiration. Only thing she inspires is to be "powerful" but fail in politics. :p:

I think people like Richard Branson, Bill gates are inspirational.

Branson left school without any gcses, and has used his business knowledge to create a huge successful organisation.
Reply 26
Hmmm this is interesting....
People like Shirley Manson and Gwen Stefani inspire me because they're just so damn confident! They don't care what people think (or appear that way) and get away with a hell of a lot because they're so comfortable with themselve.. I wanna be like that.
Ani DiFranco, my favourite music artist. she speak a lot of truth to me and has been through a lot so it's nice to think maybe I can cope with being middle class if she had to deal with all that crap.

and Ms Delano, my old sociology teacher, the best lesbian I ever knew. She was ust the epithany of everythng I knew somewhere I wanted to be, I'd just never had it shown to me.
Reply 28
Martin Luther King Inspired Me from a young age.
He Taught me that Everyone has a voice and a ability to Get it heard, No matter who they are.
Reply 29
being a writer,i tend to create characters who inspire me:smile:
Herleif
BK :love:

I always knew you were gay :rolleyes:
hugh heffner
Reply 32
Martin Luther King, Perry Mccarthy...

But Maggie Thatcher? Maybe for being the first woman PM but that's where it ends...
she invented MR WHIPPIE!!!
Beekeeper
It's simple enough, who inspires you the most? Who gives you the determination to strive hard for something, or reach a goal?

Queen Boudicca.
My Dad - he always manages to smile and enjoy life no matter what **** gets thrown at him, but he still manages to be passionate about the things that matter to him:smile:
Reply 36
jodie marsh shes quallity
Reply 37
PQ
My Dad - he always manages to smile and enjoy life no matter what **** gets thrown at him, but he still manages to be passionate about the things that matter to him:smile:

I love them sorta poeple :smile:
Reply 38
S.O.E.
Reply 39
I'd have to say Paris Hilton.

Latest

Trending

Trending